Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020-2021 New York Knicks

Originally posted by dannyyankou View Post
    Over .500 and fourth seed in the east. Am I dreaming?
    It's a long season!
    NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Over .500 and fourth seed in the east. Am I dreaming?
      I'm not confident that 4th place will hold up, but they are going to make a legitimate run at the playoffs. It's such an impressive turnaround.

I'd still like to see him manage the minutes a little differently, but it's hard to complain given the results.

Comment

This is a good article making the case for Quickley to start. I'm not sure that will happen this year with Rose on the team, but the argument over Payton is pretty strong.

But Thibodeauís reluctance makes less sense once you consider how Quickley fits with the other key players in New York. The Knicks go from a net rating of plus-4.5 in 548 minutes with him this season to minus-1.6 in 1,036 minutes without him. Thereís still a lot of room for them to improve because Thibs has relied so much on a starting lineup that hasnít worked. The Knicksí normal starters (Payton, Barrett, Reggie Bullock, Julius Randle, and Mitchell Robinson) are the most heavily played lineup in the league (391 minutes) despite having a net rating of just plus-0.9. Replace Payton with Quickley and that number skyrockets to plus-26 in 24 minutes.

Quickley complements the other starters better than Payton. The latter is a traditional floor general who is at his best when he can control the tempo of the game and run the offense. But thatís what Randle and Barrett want to do. Those two donít need another playmaker. They need someone like Quickley who can open up the floor and be a release valve in the half-court offense. Payton, who is shooting 24.1 percent from 3 on 1.8 attempts per game, destroys the spacing of a team that never had much to begin with. And while heís a better defender than Quickley, Barrett and Bullock can handle the tough assignments on that end of the floor.
        https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2...ew-york-knicks

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
          This is a good article making the case for Quickley to start. I'm not sure that will happen this year with Rose on the team, but the argument over Payton is pretty strong.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2...ew-york-knicks
          Would be amazing if they were trading Payton by the deadline this year. Plenty of minutes for Quickley then.

Comment

Well, the Knicks came crashing down last night against a better team on the road.

Comment

19-18 at the break is remarkable relative to expectations.

Schedule seems harder in the 2nd half though - starting with a Milwaukee, OKC, Brooklyn and Philadelphia on the road. I think they are going to have their work cut out for them if they want to avoid the play-in games.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
                19-18 at the break is remarkable relative to expectations.

Schedule seems harder in the 2nd half though - starting with a Milwaukee, OKC, Brooklyn and Philadelphia on the road. I think they are going to have their work cut out for them if they want to avoid the play-in games.
                Honestly, the standings are so bunched it's as if the first half of the season didn't happen. 2 games up on 10th place, and only 2.5 games up on the first team out of the play-in. Agreed that a tough schedule run could suddenly have them on the outside.

But yeah, they've really exceeded to this point.

Comment

Knicks own New York

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...&q=knicks,Nets

Refresh if it doesn't load the first time

Comment

Knicks own New York

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...&q=knicks,Nets

Refresh if it doesn't load the first time
                    That might be true, but if the Nets are healthy, I think they're going to end the NBA championship drought for NYC. It looks like Blake Griffin is going to sign with the Nets after being bought out by the Pistons. He's a shell of himself, but can still be very effective in short bursts off the bench as he should be highly motivated in their quest for an NBA championship.

Comment

Working...
                    X