Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 New York Giants Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2021 New York Giants Thread

    I don’t know why to start a new thread. Hopefully some good vibes. Looks shaky to start tho

    #2
    20-0 looks good this year!
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

    Comment


      #3
      Welp
      Stay "We" my friends

      Comment


        #4
        Wash, rinse, repeat. Different season, same results. This team is rudderless with amateurish talent all across the field thanks to the owners blind loyalty to a GM past retirement age. I deeply concerned that we made a huge mistake with Jones.
        http://vimel.ru/e6748

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
          Wash, rinse, repeat. Different season, same results. This team is rudderless with amateurish talent all across the field thanks to the owners blind loyalty to a GM past retirement age. I deeply concerned that we made a huge mistake with Jones.
          Yes, it all starts with the GM, and ownership's desire for comfort over moving the organization forward. I know there's a lot of agreement on this board, but it's still pretty stunning that he came in here talking about how important the offensive line is, spent 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks on it, and it's still a source of anxiety. His first round picks have been awful, which is exemplified by Jones. I haven't completely given up on the guy, but there's not a universe where he was worth the #6 pick. It's maddening to look at the group of QBs that have been drafted during Gettleman's tenure and think about that.


          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by YFIB View Post

            Yes, it all starts with the GM, and ownership's desire for comfort over moving the organization forward. I know there's a lot of agreement on this board, but it's still pretty stunning that he came in here talking about how important the offensive line is, spent 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks on it, and it's still a source of anxiety. His first round picks have been awful, which is exemplified by Jones. I haven't completely given up on the guy, but there's not a universe where he was worth the #6 pick. It's maddening to look at the group of QBs that have been drafted during Gettleman's tenure and think about that.

            Could have had Herbert if he came out a year early at #6 of the Jones draft.
            http://vimel.ru/e6748

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

              Could have had Herbert if he came out a year early at #6 of the Jones draft.
              Overall, my issue with that selection QB is that they clearly forced the pick, and could have either traded down, or waited a year and made a more obvious choice. But Dave fell in love, and the rest is history....

              Comment


                #8
                Their drafting has been atrocious for the past 10 years and has only gotten moderately better under Gettlemen. More of these early round picks needed to hit in order for his rebuild plan to work.

                I think Jones is at his ceiling. He throws a fantastic deep ball and his mobility is an asset, but he doesn't seem to think/process the NFL game as quickly as the better QBs in the league do. Maybe this whole season will prove me wrong, but I don't see him being "the guy" long term.

                I also think they should move on from Saquon after this year. He seems like a great dude and I really hope he has a successful comeback season but he's too injury prone for the amount of cap space his next contract will likely command.

                Stay "We" my friends

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                  Their drafting has been atrocious for the past 10 years and has only gotten moderately better under Gettlemen. More of these early round picks needed to hit in order for his rebuild plan to work.

                  I think Jones is at his ceiling. He throws a fantastic deep ball and his mobility is an asset, but he doesn't seem to think/process the NFL game as quickly as the better QBs in the league do. Maybe this whole season will prove me wrong, but I don't see him being "the guy" long term.

                  I also think they should move on from Saquon after this year. He seems like a great dude and I really hope he has a successful comeback season but he's too injury prone for the amount of cap space his next contract will likely command.
                  Saquon is the poster child for why you don't select a running back with the #2 pick. Great guy and athlete, but guys at that position don't last and are easily replaced. If he has a reasonably successful season, I don't see any way Gettleman lets him go, and that alone is enough reason to replace Gettleman.

                  My guess is that they use their two #1's next year to move up in the draft and select a new QB, but I'd love to have Jones prove me wrong.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by YFIB View Post

                    Saquon is the poster child for why you don't select a running back with the #2 pick. Great guy and athlete, but guys at that position don't last and are easily replaced. If he has a reasonably successful season, I don't see any way Gettleman lets him go, and that alone is enough reason to replace Gettleman.

                    My guess is that they use their two #1's next year to move up in the draft and select a new QB, but I'd love to have Jones prove me wrong.
                    At least Gettlemen won the OBJ trade, and Dexter Lawrence is really good. Other than that, I don't see anything in his track record that says he should remain GM long enough to make those two 1st rd picks.
                    Stay "We" my friends

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You know, I neglected to express my disgust with Jason Garrett yesterday. Allegedly ownership/Gettleman was behind his hiring. He certainly isn't helping Jones.

                      “There’s no imagination. ... I mean, there’s no design in the running game. The Clapper refuses to design a run game, this is just not a misdemeanor. But look, the Giants have been bad for five years. They’re 28th in win percentage over the last five years, they’re 26th over the last 10 years. This isn’t just a one-time thing. ... It’s one of the worst offenses to watch, and you’re not helping the quarterback.”

                      Lombardi also laid part of the blame at the feet of owner John Mara:

                      “John Mara is one of the nicest human beings on planet earth. Unfortunately, John Mara can’t have an honest conversation about his organization or evaluate himself. That’s just a problem. It’s just a hard thing. He’s loyal to people, he likes people. They’re stuck in time. They can’t get out of it.”
                      https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/09/ex...o-broncos.html

                      The Giants part of the podcast is around the 35 minute mark

                      Comment


                        #12
                        You know, I neglected to express my disgust with Jason Garrett yesterday. Allegedly ownership/Gettleman was behind his hiring. He certainly isn't helping Jones.

                        “There’s no imagination. ... I mean, there’s no design in the running game. The Clapper refuses to design a run game, this is just not a misdemeanor. But look, the Giants have been bad for five years. They’re 28th in win percentage over the last five years, they’re 26th over the last 10 years. This isn’t just a one-time thing. ... It’s one of the worst offenses to watch, and you’re not helping the quarterback.”

                        Lombardi also laid part of the blame at the feet of owner John Mara:

                        “John Mara is one of the nicest human beings on planet earth. Unfortunately, John Mara can’t have an honest conversation about his organization or evaluate himself. That’s just a problem. It’s just a hard thing. He’s loyal to people, he likes people. They’re stuck in time. They can’t get out of it.”
                        https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/09/ex...o-broncos.html

                        The Giants part of the podcast is around the 35 minute mark

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Pure comedy gold tonight!! Hey, let’s win the game and then get really creative to lose it.

                          it’s the Giants culture. It’s hard to play winning football in and of itself. It’s impossible to play winning football when the other team doesn’t have to.

                          Tonight’s Evan Engram award goes to Darius Slayton. It’s ok son, the ball only hit you in the hands.
                          Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps!?!?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by jpao89 View Post
                            Pure comedy gold tonight!! Hey, let’s win the game and then get really creative to lose it.

                            it’s the Giants culture. It’s hard to play winning football in and of itself. It’s impossible to play winning football when the other team doesn’t have to.

                            Tonight’s Evan Engram award goes to Darius Slayton. It’s ok son, the ball only hit you in the hands.
                            Full team effort to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory last night. Slayton, Lawrence, and CJ Board all had big parts to play in the comedy of errors.

                            0-2 for the fifth straight year. 0-2 in 8 of the last 9 years.

                            It's been a decade of ineptitude from this organization. I don't get why it's not a bigger story that for ten years running the NFL, the biggest sport in America, has been nonexistent in New York City.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Which loss last night was uglier…Giants or Yanks?
                              Let the kids play.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X