2021 New York Giants Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bub View Post
    Which loss last night was uglier…Giants or Yanks?
    The Giants easily. 1 NFL loss = 10 MLB losses. MLB fans can forget about it a day later. NFL have a week to dwell.

The Giants are simply a bunch of losers from top to bottom. Loser owners, Loser GM, Loser Coaches and players.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Full team effort to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory last night. Slayton, Lawrence, and CJ Board all had big parts to play in the comedy of errors.

0-2 for the fifth straight year. 0-2 in 8 of the last 9 years.

It's been a decade of ineptitude from this organization. I don't get why it's not a bigger story that for ten years running the NFL, the biggest sport in America, has been nonexistent in New York City.
      The track record is horrendous, and it sits on ownership.

But I'm glad I got my above comment about Garrett in before the game - despite everything you mention, they still should have won. After the Bradberry interception, the playcalling was atrocious - they played not to lose, rather than to win. They get the all with 2:22, down 2, at the WFT 20, and rather than do what was successful all game, they ran Barkley into the line twice and put Jones in a bad spot for 3rd down. After 58 minutes with no turnovers, they didn't show confidence in Jones. WFT was moving the ball easily at that point, and had all their timeouts, and the Giants didn't even take the clock below 2:00.

Garrett's philosophy is stuck 20 years in the past, which might mesh well with Gettleman, but is a recipe for continuing the current streak of ineptitude.
      Last edited by YFIB; 09-17-21, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
        Which loss last night was uglier…Giants or Yanks?
        Yankees only because they are expected to make the playoffs and the Giants are not.
        But what an ugly loss. TD called back on penalty. Long TD pass dropped because it hit him in the hands, game losing FG re-kicked to winner because lineman who had no change to impact the play jumped off sides.
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

Well, the Giants still stink so I'm wondering what this overrated ownership group is going to do to fix them.
          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
            Well, the Giants still stink so I'm wondering what this overrated ownership group is going to do to fix them.
            Maybe go outside the tight circle of people they are familiar with to help rebuild the team?

I hope they have the evidence they need that the Gettleman era is a failure.

After dropping two games they should have won, the schedule is going to get rough now. They're looking at another top 10 pick (possibly 2!). AND they're up against the cap.

Mara thinks he's getting booed because of the record (which is partially true), but the frustration is much deeper that this year.

Comment

If they're not going to fire Garrett today, can they at least cut Evan Engram today?

The guy is the exact opposite of clutch. Plus it would send a message to the rest of the team.

I realize the issues with the Giants are much deeper than the players, but this team needs something to shake things up, and Joe Judge's high school gym teacher rhetoric ain't it.
              Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Once again the NY Giants and Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Over the past ten seasons, the Giants and Jets are above only the Jags and Browns for total team wins.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mos...ast-10-seasons

A decade of ineptitude in the biggest media market for the biggest sport in America.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                  Once again the NY Giants and Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Over the past ten seasons, the Giants and Jets are above only the Jags and Browns for total team wins.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mos...ast-10-seasons

A decade of ineptitude in the biggest media market for the biggest sport in America.
                  They won't be above the Browns for much longer with the way that franchise is trending.
                  Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post

They won't be above the Browns for much longer with the way that franchise is trending.
                    Jets and Giants could have two of the top three picks in the draft. Completely embarrassing.

Comment

4 years ago Mara brought in Ernie Accori to be a consultant on their new GM search which lead to Gettleman. This time they need to bring in a different consultant and one name pops in my head. The Tuna Bill Parcells. Parcells must still be a sharp mind with connections throughout the league. And he must pick someone who has no connections to Mara. They need an outside candidate to be the next GM. Because repeating the same mistake over and over will lead to the same losing results.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                        4 years ago Mara brought in Ernie Accori to be a consultant on their new GM search which lead to Gettleman. This time they need to bring in a different consultant and one name pops in my head. The Tuna Bill Parcells. Parcells must still be a sharp mind with connections throughout the league. And he must pick someone who has no connections to Mara. They need an outside candidate to be the next GM. Because repeating the same mistake over and over will lead to the same losing results.
                        IMO they need to hire Paul DePodesta away from Cleveland and let him set the strategy for the G-Men going forward.
                        Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Hard pass. This is exactly what they keep doing. They keep relying on guys who have been a part of the Giants for the past 30 years to guide the team, and they inevitably select their own guys. They need to go in a new direction.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Hard pass. This is exactly what they keep doing. They keep relying on guys who have been a part of the Giants for the past 30 years to guide the team, and they inevitably select their own guys. They need to go in a new direction.
                            I agree which is why Tuna would have to pick someone with no ties to Mara, Tisch, Accorsi or Gettleman.

Comment

I agree which is why Tuna would have to pick someone with no ties to Mara, Tisch, Accorsi or Gettleman.
                              Parcells is 80 and part of that same legacy. I'd vote for someone who has been actively involved in the game more recently and hasn't had an association with the Giants. Part of the Giants problem is that they haven't adapted as the game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Parcells is 80 and part of that same legacy. I'd vote for someone who has been actively involved in the game more recently and hasn't had an association with the Giants. Part of the Giants problem is that they haven't adapted as the game has changed.
                                Exactly. The game has changed tremendously since Parcells was involved in the sport. He has no idea what it takes to run a NFL team in 2022 (not saying that I do). Whatever happens, Mara has to keep his hands off the process. Get a football person to make football decisions and that person can have no prior association with the team. Going with "old school guys" is how they got Gettleman and Shurmer who drafted and ran the offense like it's 1994.

Comment

Working...
                                X