No announcement yet.

2021 LV Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute crap move that they did this now. To throw a team's season into disarray was a BS move. What about the team's fans and players? This could have waited until January. Just the usual antiRaider bias from the league that dates back 50 years frfom the Immaculate reception, to the opposition to relocation, to the tuck rule, to not giving the Raiders the same COVID related game rescheduling they did for other teams, to this. Now that Gruden is gone attention has to shift to what was the compelling reason to not keeping it under wraps until this season ended, so that the team's fans and players are not punished and playoff berths are not affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
      I'm very happy that Gruden is gone, but they haven't cleaned house yet. That needs to happen and then hire some competent people that can actually turned this once very successful football team around.
      Who else do you want gone? Bradley, Marinelli and Caple are all well respected. Mayock is GM but was essentially a Gruden hire, so he had to answer to what Gruden wanted (sort of the opposite dynamic to Cashman and Boone. I can see them replacing Mayock, but in all fairness, he didnt have a free hand as GM.

Comment

Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post

Who else do you want gone? Bradley, Marinelli and Caple are all well respected. Mayock is GM but was essentially a Gruden hire, so he had to answer to what Gruden wanted (sort of the opposite dynamic to Cashman and Boone. I can see them replacing Mayock, but in all fairness, he didnt have a free hand as GM.
        That's up to Davis to clean up his house. Mayock's drafts have been horrible in the first round. I think Davis needs to start over with a new head of football operations and then go from there.
        NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
          It's been an issue for a long time. Since before the Rooney rule but it hasn't really gotten better
          The new Texans HC is African-American.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post

The new Texans HC is African-American.
            I think he was named shortly after that quote came out. Still 3 out of 32 is just 9%.
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post
              Absolute crap move that they did this now. To throw a team's season into disarray was a BS move. What about the team's fans and players? This could have waited until January. Just the usual antiRaider bias from the league that dates back 50 years frfom the Immaculate reception, to the opposition to relocation, to the tuck rule, to not giving the Raiders the same COVID related game rescheduling they did for other teams, to this. Now that Gruden is gone attention has to shift to what was the compelling reason to not keeping it under wraps until this season ended, so that the team's fans and players are not punished and playoff berths are not affected.
              I think the reason it was done now was that word I heard was that Gruden had lost the locker room over it. But bad news doesn't always get to determine when it's delivered.
              Baseball is life;

Comment

I think he was named shortly after that quote came out. Still 3 out of 32 is just 9%.
                As an African-American, I think the NFL is awful with their hiring of minority candidates on the sidelines and in front offices.

Comment

I think the reason it was done now was that word I heard was that Gruden had lost the locker room over it. But bad news doesn't always get to determine when it's delivered.
                  Somebody wanted to get rid of Gruden. IMO, it's probably more than one person that did so. I hope he can enjoy his retirement from football as he's done working on any level in that field.

Comment

I'm not African American, but I'd agree with that NFL hiring practices of coaches and front office personnel is terrible.

As for who wanted Griden gone, my guess is Mark Davis.
                    Baseball is life;

Comment

I'm not African American, but I'd agree with that NFL hiring practices of coaches and front office personnel is terrible.

I think it's more than one person. Somebody or somebodies in league office wanted him gone too.

Comment

Gruden deserves what he's getting but, yeah, Snyder and the rest of the DC crew shouldn't go unscathed. The union absolutely has to push this

NFLPA spokesperson George Atallah confirmed to ESPN's Dan Graziano that the union planned to request the emails. An NFL spokesperson told USA Today that it had no plans to release those emails for confidentiality reasons.

Attorneys representing 40 former employees of the Washington Football Team also urged the NFL to release the emails.

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month long investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement.
                        espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
                          Gruden deserves what he's getting but, yeah, Snyder and the rest of the DC crew shouldn't go unscathed. The union absolutely has to push this

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation
                          I agree there are other bad guys including the WFT owner that needs to pay the price too.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

I think the Bucs decision to remove Jon Gruden from their history is because of a lot of un-reported bad blood between him and the Glazer family.
                            “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

I dont think so. The NFL office kept leaking emails to force a sht show on Davis and they made it clear they would continue leaking until he acted. Davis' hand was forced. In fact, this all broke before the Chargers game, so Davis was backing Gruden for 2 games. This is on Goodell. And there will be a comeupance for them for trashing the Raiders best start in I dont know how many years. They threw Raiders fans and their players under the bus. This could have waited until the Raiders season was over.

Comment

Raiders CB Nate Hobbs continues strong rookie season with excellent Week 5 performance (yahoo.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X