X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Evidently, they don't think it's as big of a problem as you do or at the very least, have your sense of urgency.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-line-2022-nfl
    Parker had a PFF grade of 56 last year. I cant unlock the individual scores, but I guarantee that his run blocking grade was above 56 and his pass blocking grade was lower. He allowed the 6th most sacks and had 7th most penalties for his position, and he managed to accomplish this in 12 games. He is dreadful. One of the worst in the league at an important position. He will have to deal with Clark and Bosa and Mack.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    You see? This is a cap driven league. You cant spend 70 million+ on 2 players. Not only have they lost Hill, they lost the guy who saved their D last year, Mathieu and they couldnt extend Orlando Brown. They had to franchise tag him. Why didn't they keep Hill and let Kelce go? Our chance of taking the division just went way up.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    The Chiefs traded Hill to the Dolphins for five picks including a first and second round picks in this year's draft.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post
    Not good. Duane Brown, Erik Fisher and Reilly Reiff are still available. ROT was the team's 2nd greatest need this offseason. If they dont fix this when they had 59 million in cap space to spend this offseason, that's going to be a big disappointment.
    Evidently, they don't think it's as big of a problem as you do or at the very least, have your sense of urgency.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-line-2022-nfl

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Not good. Duane Brown, Erik Fisher and Reilly Reiff are still available. ROT was the team's 2nd greatest need this offseason. If they dont fix this when they had 59 million in cap space to spend this offseason, that's going to be a big disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    You think Parker is viable as an OT? They better cut loose and sign Armstead.
    Armstead signed for 87.5M with the Dolphins. I think over 43M guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    You think Parker is viable as an OT? They better cut loose and sign Armstead.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I am worried about the RT position. They went after the medium cost option, Morgan Moses, as they should have, but he chose Bal. That tells me that they arent interested in pursuing a premium option, like Armstead. So they resigned last year's disaster, Brandon Parker, ughhhhh and they resigned Parker's backup from last year, Eluminor, double Ughhhhh. Adams streaking down the field isnt going to matter much when Carr is laying on his back and Bosa picks up the ball and is running the other way.
    Cable is gone, I think some better offensive line coaching and schemes along with play calling will help the offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I am worried about the RT position. They went after the medium cost option, Morgan Moses, as they should have, but he chose Bal. That tells me that they arent interested in pursuing a premium option, like Armstead. So they resigned last year's disaster, Brandon Parker, ughhhhh and they resigned Parker's backup from last year, Eluminor, double Ughhhhh. Adams streaking down the field isnt going to matter much when Carr is laying on his back and Bosa picks up the ball and is running the other way.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I am very excited about this team. Where am I Debbie Downer? If they fix RT this team is going to win 12 games. More if there are more defensive additions to come. I cant wait to see Adams in action. I criticize 2 things. They overpaid for Adams, and I would have preferred quantity. And like Ive already said, if they find the cap space to fix their other needs, then I will change my opinion about the overpay. And Ive said Carr is not a top tier qb, and that criticism is not on the new regime. Not only that Ive been criticizing Carr's shortcomings before the new regime was even hired. Do you feel that Carr is a top 5? If you do, tell me who on that list I made that he is better than. If Carr would stop putting the ball on the ground, and if he starts producing in the redzone and if he starts making a few plays when he scrambles, then will he be a top tier qb. Is that an unreasonable position?
    IMO, Carr is a top 10-12 QB which is good enough to win a SB with the right roster and coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Bobby Wagner?
    Calais Campbell?
    Gerald McCoy?

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Not many OTs left. Reiff, Fisher and Armstead.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I am very excited about this team. Where am I Debbie Downer? If they fix RT this team is going to win 12 games. More if there are more defensive additions to come. I cant wait to see Adams in action. I criticize 2 things. They overpaid for Adams, and I would have preferred quantity. And like Ive already said, if they find the cap space to fix their other needs, then I will change my opinion about the overpay. And Ive said Carr is not a top tier qb, and that criticism is not on the new regime. Not only that Ive been criticizing Carr's shortcomings before the new regime was even hired. Do you feel that Carr is a top 5? If you do, tell me who on that list I made that he is better than. If Carr would stop putting the ball on the ground, and if he starts producing in the redzone and if he starts making a few plays when he scrambles, then will he be a top tier qb. Is that an unreasonable position?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

Please stop misrepresenting what I wrote. I havent equated them. Reread what I wrote. I said he would provide 85-90%. Maybe you should look at their career stats. They both started in 2014. Adams has 3 >1000 yard seasons topping out at 1553. Robinson has also topped 1000 3 times topping out at 1400. When healthy, Allen has produced about 85% of what Adams did. That's a undisputable fact. The stats dont lie. And this is despite the fact that Adams has played with one of the all-time great QBs for 8 years, while Robinson has played his entire career on moribund offenses with the likes of the immortal Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubiskie and Blake Bortles throwing to him. And I have given Carr a lot of credit, but Im also aware of his shortcomings. In previous posts Ive said he's around the 10th to 12th best qb in the game. Do I need to justify that? Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Rogers, Brady, Murray, Herbert, Prescott, Stafford, wilson are all better than Carr. And possibly Jackson as well. He's good, but he is no where near the caliber of Rodgers. So its not unreasonable to think that Adams historical productivity will still be great, but it will go down with Carr, and Robinson's would go up under Carr.

And it doesnt have to be Olave. It could be any productive players that they draft in the first 2 rounds and expect to be a starter or big contributor. It could be a LB. It could be a DT. It could be an OT.
    Robinson is not a stretch the field receiver. He's not in Adams class! Carr threw for 4800 yards last season and that's without having Waller being healthy and missing a third of the season along with Ruggs getting arrested and released. If health isn't an issue, Carr is going to have an outstanding 2022 season and will be a MVP candidate..

It's funny, when Gruden and Mayock were in place, you were "sunshine and lollipops" about the Raiders, while I was the "Debbie Downer". It now looks like our roles are reverse with this new regime of McDaniels and Ziegler.

Peter King's article that includes an excerpt about the Adams trade and the thinking behind it from McDaniels and Ziegler's perspective.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post

Robinson is not in Adams class of a receiver. Stop equating the two. I've watched Olave, he's good, but nothing special in my opinion.
    Please stop misrepresenting what I wrote. I havent equated them. Reread what I wrote. I said he would provide 85-90%. Maybe you should look at their career stats. They both started in 2014. Adams has 3 >1000 yard seasons topping out at 1553. Robinson has also topped 1000 3 times topping out at 1400. When healthy, Allen has produced about 85% of what Adams did. That's a undisputable fact. The stats dont lie. And this is despite the fact that Adams has played with one of the all-time great QBs for 8 years, while Robinson has played his entire career on moribund offenses with the likes of the immortal Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubiskie and Blake Bortles throwing to him. And I have given Carr a lot of credit, but Im also aware of his shortcomings. In previous posts Ive said he's around the 10th to 12th best qb in the game. Do I need to justify that? Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Rogers, Brady, Murray, Herbert, Prescott, Stafford, wilson are all better than Carr. And possibly Jackson as well. He's good, but he is no where near the caliber of Rodgers. So its not unreasonable to think that Adams historical productivity will still be great, but it will go down with Carr, and Robinson's would go up under Carr.

And it doesnt have to be Olave. It could be any productive players that they draft in the first 2 rounds and expect to be a starter or big contributor. It could be a LB. It could be a DT. It could be an OT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X