No announcement yet.

2021 LV Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raiders DE Maxx Crosby ranked as PFF’s No. 1 EDGE defender (yahoo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

But bad news doesn't always get to determine when it's delivered.
      The NFL had total control of when this would break. This wasnt an earthquake or a hurricane that was immediately obvious to every one in the country. They had exclusive access to the emails, and they deliberately decided how and when to release/leak them. They chose to sell out Raiders fans for political correctness and virtue signaling.

Comment

Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post

The NFL had total control of when this would break. This wasnt an earthquake or a hurricane that was immediately obvious to every one in the country. They had exclusive access to the emails, and they deliberately decided how and when to release/leak them. They chose to sell out Raiders fans for political correctness and virtue signaling.
        I don't think political correctness or virtue signaling had anything to do with it. This was a personal vendetta by the NFL office against Gruden and they used his emails to make him go away. By the way, Gruden has no business coaching an NFL team if what he said in those emails is how he really felt about so many different groups of people. Gruden is a phony and a bigot that got what he deserved.
        NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
          I don't think political correctness or virtue signaling had anything to do with it. This was a personal vendetta by the NFL office against Gruden and they used his emails to make him go away. By the way, Gruden has no business coaching an NFL team if what he said in those emails is how he really felt about so many different groups of people. Gruden is a phony and a bigot that got what he deserved.
          I agree. But the fans did not get what they deserve. Neither did the players or other coaches. THats the problem. The NFL didmt take this into account. They torpedoed a team with playoff aspirations, when they could have gotten their pound of flesh later without hurting fans, players and other coaches. Mark my words, after the feeding frenzy over Gruden ends, attention is going to turn to Goodell's handling of this.

Comment

I agree. But the fans did not get what they deserve. Neither did the players or other coaches. THats the problem. The NFL didmt take this into account. They torpedoed a team with playoff aspirations, when they could have gotten their pound of flesh later without hurting fans, players and other coaches. Mark my words, after the feeding frenzy over Gruden ends, attention is going to turn to Goodell's handling of this.
            Hell, Gruden was going to torpedo this team with its playoff aspirations. Let's face it, his best coaching days were 20 years ago. My younger brother who became a Raiders fan like myself, is overjoyed that he's gone and so are other Raiders fans that called into Raider Nation Radio. I first started rooting for the Raiders in 1966, when they first moved into Oakland-Alameda Coliseum. Tom Flores was the starting QB back then. Al Davis just left as HC and became the AFL Commissioner. For 55 freaking years I've been a Raiders fan and the last decade has been the most frustrating years of my fandom. We need some competence in the FO and on the sideline coaching this team. Mark Davis has to get these upcoming hires right. Otherwise, I might not never see the Raiders in a SB again.

Comment

I think Goodell/the NFL are already being questioned about their handling of this. The player's union is now asking to see all the emails from the investigation, and the former WFT employees are also really angry about the situation. It's a little too obvious that if Gruden felt comfortable saying those things in his email, then he knew/assumed his audience was on the same page with him. The silver lining of this all will likely be that there's pressure on the NFL to actually do something with this investigation.

I'm less sympathetic to the Raiders. Given that this was his second stint with the team, I find it hard to believe that they didn't have some inkling of what they were getting, and hopefully this sends a clear message to the Raiders and the rest of the NFL. I get that it sucks to be a Raiders fan through this, but I don't think the alternative would have been the right answer either.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

I think Goodell/the NFL are already being questioned about their handling of this. The player's union is now asking to see all the emails from the investigation, and the former WFT employees are also really angry about the situation. It's a little too obvious that if Gruden felt comfortable saying those things in his email, then he knew/assumed his audience was on the same page with him. The silver lining of this all will likely be that there's pressure on the NFL to actually do something with this investigation.

I'm less sympathetic to the Raiders. Given that this was his second stint with the team, I find it hard to believe that they didn't have some inkling of what they were getting, and hopefully this sends a clear message to the Raiders and the rest of the NFL. I get that it sucks to be a Raiders fan through this, but I don't think the alternative would have been the right answer either.
                Yup, this is on Mark Davis as he's clearly not a real leader with any credibility. There's nothing worse than having an incompetent owner that lacks good leadership skills.

Comment

Hell, Gruden was going to torpedo this team with its playoff aspirations. Let's face it, his best coaching days were 20 years ago. My younger brother who became a Raiders fan like myself, is overjoyed that he's gone and so are other Raiders fans that called into Raider Nation Radio. I first started rooting for the Raiders in 1966, when they first moved into Oakland-Alameda Coliseum. Tom Flores was the starting QB back then. Al Davis just left as HC and became the AFL Commissioner. For 55 freaking years I've been a Raiders fan and the last decade has been the most frustrating years of my fandom. We need some competence in the FO and on the sideline coaching this team. Mark Davis has to get these upcoming hires right. Otherwise, I might not never see the Raiders in a SB again.
                  I think part of the problem with the Raiders is largely that Mark Davis is a poor owner in that almost all of his net worth is tied up specifically in his ownership of the Raiders Franchise. It's like a guy who owns an English Castle but doesn't have free cash to keep the place up. Most Owners are billionaires even if you throw the value of their NFL ownership, that's not the case with the Raiders.

Though with the TV deals and revenue sharing I'm sure he's not hurting but he's clearly not in the same financial circles as a lot of NFL owners who made their money elsewhere and this is an expensive but profitable hobby.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

The alternative was not perfect, but it was better. There was no compelling reason to do this now. The emails werent public until they decided to release them and he wasnt publically saying offensive things to force their hand. The best solution was to let them finish the season, then force him out. Just look at the different handling between this and Deshaun Watson. Watson allegations were already made public and not only are they bad, but he is also being criminaly investigated. Gruden's allegations were bad, but not criminal, and most importantly, they were not yet public. But Gruden is out, and Watson isnt.

Comment

Youre a glass is 99% empty guy when it comes to the Raiders. This team is good enough to make the playoffs and be a force there. Even with the distraction and the resulting offensive sht show the last 2 games, the Raiders have the #13 ranked offense in the NFL, and their defense is currently ranked #10 after 5 games. Their offensive problems stem from the Oline, but that is due to Incognito not having played a down yet and Good out for the season after playing a handful of downs. Their skill players are excellent. Just imagine what their record would be without the distraction and without those 2 injuries. And I would think you should be thrilled with the defensive retool. He and the other coaches did a great job of rebuilding this offseason.

Comment

Youre a glass is 99% empty guy when it comes to the Raiders. This team is good enough to make the playoffs and be a force there. Even with the distraction and the resulting offensive sht show the last 2 games, the Raiders have the #13 ranked offense in the NFL, and their defense is currently ranked #10 after 5 games. Their offensive problems stem from the Oline, but that is due to Incognito not having played a down yet and Good out for the season after playing a handful of downs. Their skill players are excellent. Just imagine what their record would be without the distraction and without those 2 injuries. And I would think you should be thrilled with the defensive retool. He and the other coaches did a great job of rebuilding this offseason.
                        Nope, I'm just realistic when it comes to the Raiders. They have folded the previous two seasons so why should I expect them to be any different this season? IMO, their overall talent level isn't that good and I think you're overrating it. Both, Gruden and Mayock have done a horrible job with their draft classes and free agent signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I think part of the problem with the Raiders is largely that Mark Davis is a poor owner in that almost all of his net worth is tied up specifically in his ownership of the Raiders Franchise. It's like a guy who owns an English Castle but doesn't have free cash to keep the place up. Most Owners are billionaires even if you throw the value of their NFL ownership, that's not the case with the Raiders.

Though with the TV deals and revenue sharing I'm sure he's not hurting but he's clearly not in the same financial circles as a lot of NFL owners who made their money elsewhere and this is an expensive but profitable hobby.
                          I agree with you that Mark Davis has limited financial resources compared to many other NFL owners. Furthermore, he appears to be not that bright which is another hindrance. The only possible saving grace is if he makes better hire(s) next time than what he did in 2018. What a wasted opportunity.

Comment

The alternative was not perfect, but it was better. There was no compelling reason to do this now. The emails werent public until they decided to release them and he wasnt publically saying offensive things to force their hand. The best solution was to let them finish the season, then force him out. Just look at the different handling between this and Deshaun Watson. Watson allegations were already made public and not only are they bad, but he is also being criminaly investigated. Gruden's allegations were bad, but not criminal, and most importantly, they were not yet public. But Gruden is out, and Watson isnt.
                            We all know that the NFL hates the Raiders and Jon Gruden. They have screwed the Raiders as they carried out their personal vendetta to rid themselves of Gruden.

Comment

A really good win today after the Gruden distraction. I hope they can keep it up against the Eagles next week before going into their bye week.

Comment

Very impressive win, considering the situation. Total dominance not reflected by the final score or yardage given up. Car threw for over 300 yards with 2 TDs and 0 Int. Ruggs is really establishing himself as a bona fide deep threat with 2 more deep catches. A 48 yard TD catch and another for 40. 34 points against a very good Denver defense. Raiders D was incredible holding them to 10 points until they started playing prevent with 11 minutes left with a 31-10 lead. Denver got about half their yardage that way all in the last 11 minutes after the game was decided. Crosby was a madman- 3.5 sacks, 1 batted ball, 4 tackles and multiple qb hits. Overall they had 5 sacks, 3 ints and forced a fumble. This didnt count Hobbs who came within 1/2 sec of forcing two more strip fumbles. Hobbs is a ball hawk-something we have not had in quite some time. What a great 5th round pick he looks to be. Gruden and co. did a great job on the defensive rebuild in 1 offseason. This certainly looks like a better than average defense, so far which when paired with a top 10 offense should be enough for a playoff ticket.

Next up is Phi @ LV. Line is LV-3. Must win the games theyre supposed to win, and this is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X