X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post
    Man, Renfro and Waller are going to have big years.
    I wonder why????

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

Im not saying he wont beast. But Carr is not Rogers. And even if he does beast, but the holes that dont get filled keep us down, then what?
    I think Carr is a better QB than you give him credit for and now that Gruden and Olsen are gone, we'll see better results in the red zone.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Well see who is available at 22 and what he does. You gonna feel the same way if someone like Olave is available and he winds up putting up CDLam's numbers? In that case we would have had Olave and Robinson and a 2nd pick for less than Adams. Heck, you could get Robinson and Julio Jones for less money and still have the 2 picks to use on defense. He better beast. And hes going to have to do it without Rodgers throwing the ball. When you got other needs, take quantity over quality. And you really arent sacrificing that much quality.
    Robinson is not in Adams class of a receiver. Stop equating the two. I've watched Olave, he's good, but nothing special in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Man, Renfro and Waller are going to have big years.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Whatever, I still like the trade so we disagree here which has been power for the course as you and I differ about the Raiders. I expect Adams to beast over the next three years, you seem to not think that's going to happen.
    Im not saying he wont beast. But Carr is not Rogers. And even if he does beast, but the holes that dont get filled keep us down, then what?

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Well see who is available at 22 and what he does. You gonna feel the same way if someone like Olave is available and he winds up putting up CDLam's numbers? In that case we would have had Olave and Robinson and a 2nd pick for less than Adams. Heck, you could get Robinson and Julio Jones for less money and still have the 2 picks to use on defense. He better beast. And hes going to have to do it without Rodgers throwing the ball. When you got other needs, take quantity over quality. And you really arent sacrificing that much quality.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Whatever, I still like the trade so we disagree here which has been power for the course as you and I differ about the Raiders. I expect Adams to beast over the next three years, you seem to not think that's going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    There is good and bad here. The 19.25 signing bonus is guaranteed at signing and prorated over 5 years for 3.85/year. The 20 million roster bonus becomes guaranteed when his 2nd year contract is picked up. So it prorates at 5 per year for 4 years -- 2023-6. Each year's P5 salary is charged to that year's cap -- 3.5 in 22, 6.03 in 23, 16.89 in 24, 35.64 in 25, 35.65 in 26. There are also 2 incentive and 1 roster bonus for comparative chump change, totalling .85/yr for 5 years. Assuming he makes all the incentives his cap hits are:

8.2 in 22
    15.73 in 23
    26.59 in 24
    45.34 in 25
    45.35 in 26

The first thing that jumps out is that he is going to be cut or traded in the 2025 preseason, unless somehow a 35.65 salary becomes the going rate for a WR of his skill level. If he is cut or traded before Jun1, 2025 his 2025 dead money cap hit will be 17.70 when he is no longer on the team. If he is cut or traded after Jun1, 2025 his 2025 dead money cap hit will be 8.85 and the other 8.85 dead money hit will be pushed to 2026.

So the almost certain cap impact of this contract will be:

8.2 in 22
    15.73 in 23
    26.59 in 24
    17.70 in 25
    if he is cut prior to Jun 1, 2025.

Or
    8.2 in 22
    15.73 in 23
    26.59 in 24
    8.85 in 25
    8.85 in 26
    if he is cut after Jun 1, 2025.

So his total cap hit for 3 years of play is 68.22 spread over 4 or 5 years as detailed above. And his trade value in 2025 is effectively nil. No one is going to pick up 2 years of a P5 salary of 35.65. And even if the Raiders miraculously find a taker, they aren’t going to get any draft capital back. So for the Raiders a trade is basically the same as a cut.

The second thing that jumps out is that the Raiders didn’t give up a 1st and a 2nd for 5 years of Adams. They gave them up for 3 years of Adams. So again I come back to an available alternative. Allen Robinson just signed a 3-year 46.5 contract. I don’t have his contract details, but the worst case is that its fully guaranteed and has no deferred payments. So LA is getting 85-90% of Adams production for the same length of time as the Adams deal for a total cap hit of 46.5, which is less than 75% of the 68.22 that Adams is getting. And they didn’t give up a #1 and a #2 to get it.

So overall, Im left with the same conclusion as before I saw his contract details. Yes, his cap hit will be far less than the 140+ million reported, but you cant separate that from the fact that that also makes the draft capital given up a bigger overpay. So Ive come full circle. For a Raiders team with other holes to fill, Robinson + a 1st + a 2nd + an extra, on average, 7.25 mill in additional cap space per year for 3 years > Adams. And Im not saying that this was a horrible thing to do. Im saying there were better available options. I reserve the right to change my mind if Adams beasts and carries us on his back through the playoffs to the super bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    What details?
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ctical-matter/

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    What details?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I'm liking this Adams contract even more since details have come out.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Like I said, Im OK if they have a concession from Carr in place. I also would be OK if they didnt have the Carr concession if Adams was the final puzzle piece. But they have other holes, and they have 2 ways to fill those holes -- money and picks. This trade gives away both those ways. For a team without holes, Adams > Robinson + picks + dough. For a team with holes, Robinson + picks + dough > Adams. Just trying to be practical. If they find a way to plug the holes, then I will take it all back. And I think they took a step that way at CB. I was very skeptical about letting Hayward go, but getting those 2 CBs definitely softened the blow. If they can get Gilmore, thats going to be the top secondary in football. I was just counting on them getting a DT at 22 from G-Tech or A&M that would have the same impact as Barmore did, but thats not going to happen now. But instead, it looks like it will be a base 3-4 with Bilal Nichols as their 0-tech or 1-tech NT. So their remaining shopping list is:

List:
    Right Tackle
    2 LB's KJ Wright is a FA
    Gilmore
    Interior defensive linemen (they have Nichols, but all 4 from last year -- Hankins, Philon, Thomas and Jefferson-- are FAs and at least 2 need to be resigned or replaced, assuming a base 3-4.

Do you think they have enough $$ to do it?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    But they have a new drafting team. Youre not confidant of their drafting going forward?
    I had my heart set on Adams since last year. I'm happy they got him for only first and second round picks.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    But they have a new drafting team. Youre not confidant of their drafting going forward?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I rather have Adams. He's more of a stretch the field receiver than Robinson. Furthermore, I think the chemistry between him and Carr would be more productive on the field of play. Again, this trade will be based on what happens in the next three seasons. Again, it's a bold move that this new regime just made. Draft picks are nice, but the Raiders had higher picks beforehand with little to show for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X