• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post
    I nominate Vic Fangio for DC.
    Nope, they hired Patrick Graham away from the Giants.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I nominate Vic Fangio for DC.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post

Another indictment against Gruden and Mayock.
    On this one, I agree with you, but in their defense, they were aware of his character issues, but felt his talent was worth the reach. Mayock was interviewed and confirmed all of this. He said they did their more homework on this pick than on any 1st round pick and knew what they were getting as far as character was concerned. What blew up on them was that the talent isnt there, or the character (drugs) stopped the talent from being there. Lets face it, this is the NFL today. When you and I first starting following the Raiders 50+ years ago, colleges had more self respect and would-be gangbangers didnt get into college on football scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Both, Ziegler and McDaniels were officially introduced this afternoon as Raiders GM and HC.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

This guy isnt right. Not surprised by the drug charge either. I thought there was something up with him along these lines when I saw a play he was involved in this year. The receiver he was covering beat him and he made a sliding catch. Arnette runs right past him without even making the slightest effort to touch him down. Abram had to come over to touch the receiver. Its like he didnt know or didnt care.
    Another indictment against Gruden and Mayock.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

Prior to the loss of Ruggs (through 7 games) they had the #3 offense in the league. The problem with the offense is in the redzone and when pressured. A new offensive system wont fix that because the issue is Carr. He simply cant make plays when he is pressured or the field is shortened. The only thing that will fix that is obtaining a qb who can make those plays. And from what Ive read, both the new GM and HC are big Carr boosters. They had tried to trade for him a year ago. Add a top receiver and a RT to reduce the numberr of times Carr is pressured, and even with the same system the offense will be excellent, and as good as it can be with Carr at qb.
    I bet you they’re much better next season in the red zone.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied

Are you sure he has a Ohio State degree?
    This guy isnt right. Not surprised by the drug charge either. I thought there was something up with him along these lines when I saw a play he was involved in this year. The receiver he was covering beat him and he made a sliding catch. Arnette runs right past him without even making the slightest effort to touch him down. Abram had to come over to touch the receiver. Its like he didnt know or didnt care.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied

I disagree about the offensive system in place being good. I think it's an unimaginative offense and that the Raiders were too predictable in executing it. It looks like Gus Bradley is done as DC and I hope they hire a DC that is more aggressive in putting pressure on the opposing QB.
    Prior to the loss of Ruggs (through 7 games) they had the #3 offense in the league. The problem with the offense is in the redzone and when pressured. A new offensive system wont fix that because the issue is Carr. He simply cant make plays when he is pressured or the field is shortened. The only thing that will fix that is obtaining a qb who can make those plays. And from what Ive read, both the new GM and HC are big Carr boosters. They had tried to trade for him a year ago. Add a top receiver and a RT to reduce the numberr of times Carr is pressured, and even with the same system the offense will be excellent, and as good as it can be with Carr at qb.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I bet Ohio State grads are proud to have the same diploma as this guy.

Chiefs release NFL player Damon Arnette after Vegas arrest (yahoo.com)
    Are you sure he has a Ohio State degree?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Ziegler OK. But I wanted a defense first HC. The offense system in place is already good. All they need to do is straightforward. Sign a receiver and a RT.
    I disagree about the offensive system in place being good. I think it's an unimaginative offense and that the Raiders were too predictable in executing it. It looks like Gus Bradley is done as DC and I hope they hire a DC that is more aggressive in putting pressure on the opposing QB.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I bet Ohio State grads are proud to have the same diploma as this guy.

Chiefs release NFL player Damon Arnette after Vegas arrest (yahoo.com)

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Ziegler OK. But I wanted a defense first HC. The offense system in place is already good. All they need to do is straightforward. Sign a receiver and a RT.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Raiders hiring Dave Ziegler as GM and Josh McDaniels as HC.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    On another note, after watching the Ten-Cin game, the Raiders are the 3rd best team in the AFC.
    There's nothing like being an optimist.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    He needs a sitdown. A 4 game suspension to get his attention would be a good idea.

On another note, after watching the Ten-Cin game, the Raiders are the 3rd best team in the AFC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X