X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YFIB
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post

I agree. But the fans did not get what they deserve. Neither did the players or other coaches. THats the problem. The NFL didmt take this into account. They torpedoed a team with playoff aspirations, when they could have gotten their pound of flesh later without hurting fans, players and other coaches. Mark my words, after the feeding frenzy over Gruden ends, attention is going to turn to Goodell's handling of this.
    I think Goodell/the NFL are already being questioned about their handling of this. The player's union is now asking to see all the emails from the investigation, and the former WFT employees are also really angry about the situation. It's a little too obvious that if Gruden felt comfortable saying those things in his email, then he knew/assumed his audience was on the same page with him. The silver lining of this all will likely be that there's pressure on the NFL to actually do something with this investigation.

I'm less sympathetic to the Raiders. Given that this was his second stint with the team, I find it hard to believe that they didn't have some inkling of what they were getting, and hopefully this sends a clear message to the Raiders and the rest of the NFL. I get that it sucks to be a Raiders fan through this, but I don't think the alternative would have been the right answer either.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

I agree. But the fans did not get what they deserve. Neither did the players or other coaches. THats the problem. The NFL didmt take this into account. They torpedoed a team with playoff aspirations, when they could have gotten their pound of flesh later without hurting fans, players and other coaches. Mark my words, after the feeding frenzy over Gruden ends, attention is going to turn to Goodell's handling of this.
    Hell, Gruden was going to torpedo this team with its playoff aspirations. Let's face it, his best coaching days were 20 years ago. My younger brother who became a Raiders fan like myself, is overjoyed that he's gone and so are other Raiders fans that called into Raider Nation Radio. I first started rooting for the Raiders in 1966, when they first moved into Oakland-Alameda Coliseum. Tom Flores was the starting QB back then. Al Davis just left as HC and became the AFL Commissioner. For 55 freaking years I've been a Raiders fan and the last decade has been the most frustrating years of my fandom. We need some competence in the FO and on the sideline coaching this team. Mark Davis has to get these upcoming hires right. Otherwise, I might not never see the Raiders in a SB again.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't think political correctness or virtue signaling had anything to do with it. This was a personal vendetta by the NFL office against Gruden and they used his emails to make him go away. By the way, Gruden has no business coaching an NFL team if what he said in those emails is how he really felt about so many different groups of people. Gruden is a phony and a bigot that got what he deserved.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

The NFL had total control of when this would break. This wasnt an earthquake or a hurricane that was immediately obvious to every one in the country. They had exclusive access to the emails, and they deliberately decided how and when to release/leak them. They chose to sell out Raiders fans for political correctness and virtue signaling.
    I don't think political correctness or virtue signaling had anything to do with it. This was a personal vendetta by the NFL office against Gruden and they used his emails to make him go away. By the way, Gruden has no business coaching an NFL team if what he said in those emails is how he really felt about so many different groups of people. Gruden is a phony and a bigot that got what he deserved.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

But bad news doesn't always get to determine when it's delivered.
    The NFL had total control of when this would break. This wasnt an earthquake or a hurricane that was immediately obvious to every one in the country. They had exclusive access to the emails, and they deliberately decided how and when to release/leak them. They chose to sell out Raiders fans for political correctness and virtue signaling.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Raiders DE Maxx Crosby ranked as PFF’s No. 1 EDGE defender (yahoo.com)

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Raiders CB Nate Hobbs continues strong rookie season with excellent Week 5 performance (yahoo.com)

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I'm not African American, but I'd agree with that NFL hiring practices of coaches and front office personnel is terrible.

As for who wanted Griden gone, my guess is Mark Davis.
    I dont think so. The NFL office kept leaking emails to force a sht show on Davis and they made it clear they would continue leaking until he acted. Davis' hand was forced. In fact, this all broke before the Chargers game, so Davis was backing Gruden for 2 games. This is on Goodell. And there will be a comeupance for them for trashing the Raiders best start in I dont know how many years. They threw Raiders fans and their players under the bus. This could have waited until the Raiders season was over.

Leave a comment:

• ojo
    replied
    Originally posted by YFIB View Post
    Gruden deserves what he's getting but, yeah, Snyder and the rest of the DC crew shouldn't go unscathed. The union absolutely has to push this

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation
    I think the Bucs decision to remove Jon Gruden from their history is because of a lot of un-reported bad blood between him and the Glazer family.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by YFIB View Post
    Gruden deserves what he's getting but, yeah, Snyder and the rest of the DC crew shouldn't go unscathed. The union absolutely has to push this

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation
    I agree there are other bad guys including the WFT owner that needs to pay the price too.

Leave a comment:

• YFIB
    replied

NFLPA spokesperson George Atallah confirmed to ESPN's Dan Graziano that the union planned to request the emails. An NFL spokesperson told USA Today that it had no plans to release those emails for confidentiality reasons.

Attorneys representing 40 former employees of the Washington Football Team also urged the NFL to release the emails.

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month long investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    I'm not African American, but I'd agree with that NFL hiring practices of coaches and front office personnel is terrible.

I think it's more than one person. Somebody or somebodies in league office wanted him gone too.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

I think the reason it was done now was that word I heard was that Gruden had lost the locker room over it. But bad news doesn't always get to determine when it's delivered.
    Somebody wanted to get rid of Gruden. IMO, it's probably more than one person that did so. I hope he can enjoy his retirement from football as he's done working on any level in that field.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

I think he was named shortly after that quote came out. Still 3 out of 32 is just 9%.
    As an African-American, I think the NFL is awful with their hiring of minority candidates on the sidelines and in front offices.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X