X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Hobbs in trouble again going 110 mph and charged with reckless driving. What in the hell is going on with those Raider players?
    The new Cincinnati?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Hobbs in trouble again going 110 mph and charged with reckless driving. What in the hell is going on with those Raider players?

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Why DT Akiem Hicks should be top-priority, free agent for Chargers (yahoo.com)

Raiders should target him.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post

Id be a little concerned about Harbaugh.
    Hell, I'm a little concern about all of them. It's a big time move hiring Harbaugh as it could blow up in Davis's face as Harbaugh is one strange dude. However, he could couch!

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    I don't want an inexperienced HC. I want a guy that will hire a really innovative offensive coordinator that will help the offense stay on the field longer and be more productive with touchdowns instead of FGs. Also, a guy that will want an attacking defense that increases the amount of turnovers from other teams.

Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Flores
    Morris
    Quinn
    Bowles

Anyhow, I think Tomlin isn't going anywhere nor do I think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan. I can only hope in both those cases.
    Id be a little concerned about Harbaugh.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    What is the biggest draft need for the Raiders in 2022? (yahoo.com)

I dont agree with this. With such a young line you shouldnt try to fix that with more infusion of youth. It would be one thing drafting a RT if they had a top 5 pick, but they can ill afford to draft one at pick 22 and have him struggle alongside a struggling Leatherwood. That would basically waste another year. This team can win right now if they are smart about adding. Sign an established RT or even an established LG and put Goode back at RT. Use FA to fill the offense needs at #1WR and RT; sign a defensive guru as HC because most of the room for improvement and need for a new system is on defense. Then give that HC the top 3 picks and 5 out of the 7 draft picks to use on the defense side of the ball to allow him to start moulding the defense to fit his system. With 2 offense picks, get a RB and a RG to push Leatherwood.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Andrew Norwell named ‘must-sign’ free agent for Raiders (yahoo.com)

Leave a comment:

• YFIB
    replied
    I don't want an inexperienced HC. I want a guy that will hire a really innovative offensive coordinator that will help the offense stay on the field longer and be more productive with touchdowns instead of FGs. Also, a guy that will want an attacking defense that increases the amount of turnovers from other teams.

Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Flores
    Morris
    Quinn
    Bowles

Anyhow, I think Tomlin isn't going anywhere nor do I think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan. I can only hope in both those cases.
    It's a really interesting dynamic where these hot coordinators are valued over guys who have had a HC job already. I think guys like Daboll and Bienemy are worthy candidates, for sure, but I do think there's something to be said for a guy whose already had a turn and leaned from it.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    What do you think about Divine Deablo? He won the job from Littleton week 13. He was blowing up plays left and right and his coverage skills look very good, which you would expect from a former college safety. And he's just starting to figure things out. I think he's going to be a beast. Was wondering if he and Abram should swap positions, because I want him in on obvious passing downs and Abram whose strength is not coverage should go out when Hobbs comes in. This situation will become more acute next season when Nicholas Morrow will be back. The Nickel should have Morrow and Perriman as the LBs and Deablo as SS and Hobbs coming in as slot and Abram out. So why not make the box safety, Abram, a run stopping OLB and Deablo your 3-down SS?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Rank 'em for hc position.

Harbaugh
    daboll
    moore
    bienemy
    leftwhich
    bowles
    tomlin
    gus bradley
    bisachia
    raheem morris
    dan quinn

Tomlin
    Harbaugh
    Flores
    Morris
    Quinn
    Bowles

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    He read my posts.

#Raiders Morgan Moses A New Option At RT For Our Raiders? 🏴☠👀 - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Rank 'em for hc position.

Harbaugh
    daboll
    moore
    bienemy
    leftwhich
    bowles
    tomlin
    gus bradley
    bisachia
    raheem morris
    dan quinn

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Firing Mayock was the right thing to do, now we'll see how Davis rebuilds his management and coaching staffs.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Yes, his immediate future is as a guard. He might never make it as a tackle. But he only has 1 year in. So nothing to do except wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Incognito may be done, youre right. But if he passes a physical, what would be the harm of giving him a low cost non-guaranteed contract or a practice squad spot? I believe he signed for 2 mill in 2021. I imagine he would get less this time, and no guarantee. They also have Denzelle Good coming back, and in 2020 he did a very respectable job filling in at RT for Trent Brown and he played guard as well. He could take the LG spot from simpson.

Lets give Leatherwood some time before calling him a bust. I agree, his first year was a big disappointment, but look at Kolton Miller. He struggled mightily his first couple years, but now by his 4th year, hes a top tier LT.

Fixing the Oline is job #1 this offseason, especially considering that you cant expect Carr to make plays when the protection breaks down -- he just doesnt have that ability to extend plays. And he also is prone to the strip sack, as we all saw on Saturday, so that's another imperative to fix the line. The key is the tackles, because they have to handle the edge rushers. The interior matter, but much less so. So left to right, Miller, Good/Incognito, James and Leatherwood would be more than adequate. They need to sign the best veteran RT they can. I dont want to risk drafting one in the 1st round, and having him struggle at such a diffficult position. Morgan Moses is prolly the top RT available, and I think his projected salary would fit with their cap space, given their other needs. And Reiff, who did make the switch from LT to RT would give you prolly the best tackle depth at both sides. You wouldnt lose much if either of the starting tackles went down. They could sign both those guys for about 11 mill guaranteed combined, so that would definitely fit their budget. There are also a slew of LT's available in FA, but they are more pricey and I dont know if any of them or Kolton Miller could switch to RT.

There's been some scuttlebutt about replacing Mayock with John Dorsey, the former KC GM.

The more I think about it, I want a HC who is a defense guru. The offense is in place and all the players are young. Miller is the oldest lineman. The TE, RB and receivers are all young. And Carr is only 30. Before the loss of Ruggs they had the #2 offense rating, and its pretty straightforward what they need to do- sign a RT and a #1 WR. Although the D made great strides this year compared to 2020, the greatest room for improving the team comes on defense. And to get this team to the superbowl with Carr is going to take an elite defense, especially if they have to play in cold weather playoff games.
    I didn't exactly say he was a bust, but that he was rated by most draft experts as a guard that should have been drafted later in draft. So far, they appear to be right! There have been too many cases of such overdrafts from Mayock and Gurden. I don't think Leatherwood is quick enough to handle a tackle position and he has a tendency to hold which isn't good with edge rushers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X