Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Raiders DE Maxx Crosby has monster performance against Chargers in Week 18 (yahoo.com)

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Originally posted by ruthianblast View Post

Is Harbaugh that guy?
    If Al was still around, he would bring Gruden back. Then again, he wouldnt have allowed Goodell to bully him into firing him in the first place. Seriously though, I dont know if Carr is Harbaugh's style of QB. I was thinking they would grab the OC from KC, Dal or Buf for their HC.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Congrats to the Raiders on making the playoffs for the 1st time since 2016. They showed a lot of determination and will to win to get there consideriing all the turmoil that they had to deal with this year. They are red hot, having to win their last 4 games all against playoff hopefuls to punch their ticket.

"The Autumn Wind" narrated by John Facenda [Full Version] - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by ruthianblast View Post

Is Harbaugh that guy?
    IMO, he is....

Leave a comment:

• ruthianblast
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Let me tip my cap to the Vegas Raiders. They showed me something this season! However, I think they still need to find a permanent HC that can take this franchise to the next level.
    Is Harbaugh that guy?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Let me tip my cap to the Vegas Raiders. They showed me something this season! However, I think they still need to find a permanent HC that can take this franchise to the next level.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Tldr

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    We'll see.....

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Looks like Gruden was spot on on this one, as I mentioned previously.

Raiders OL Andre James is on the verge of becoming an elite center (usatoday.com)

Gutsy move to not resign the best center in the league, still in his prime. Now they have a top center for pennies on the dollar for what it would have cost to resign Hudson, and an extra draft pick to boot.

Season finale at home vs Chargers for all the marbles. Winner is in. If Chargers lose they are definitely out regardless of other losses by other teams. If Raiders lose, they have slim chance of making the cut. They are in if they lose if Ind loses to Jax and Bal beats Pit. One wierd scenario unfolds if they play to a tie on Sunday. Both teams would get in if Ind loses, even if Pit beats Bal. At that point LV, LA and Pit would all be 9-7-1 and Ind would be 9-8 and Bal 8-9. LA would win the first division tiebreaker over LV and would then be compared to Pit. Having beaten Pit LA becomes the 2nd WC. Then LV gets compared to Pitt and having beaten Pit in week 2, LV becomes the 3rd WC. Since the Raiders game is Sunday night, both teams will know if a tie is of mutual benefit, which sets up a possible collusion situation. If Ind and Pit both lose, then Ind, LV, Bal and potentially Miami are all 9-8, and since LV beat all 3 of them, they are in. So they would be in, win, lose or tie with losses by INd and Pit, so the Sunday night game could potentially be inconsequential for the Raiders,

Line is LV+2.5. And Waller, who has been out since the Thanksgiving game, is expected to play and should give the O a much needed boost. Josh Jacobs and the run blocking will be key against the 30th ranked LA run defense giving up 136 yards/game. I imagine the game plan will be to establish that and lots of play action passing for ball control. The RPO with Mariotta might also prove huge and I hope they incorporate more of that wrinkle vs a weak LA run defense. The LV defense which has been lights out over the last 3 games has to step up vs the #4 offense in the league. If the O can score 27 points vs a suspect LA defense, that should be enough, coupled with a good defensive showing by LV. LA has been held under 27 points 7 times and not necessarily by good defensive teams.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Crushing loss 17-15 to the Redskins. Waller didnt play, and still no reliable deep threat. The game was there for the picking. Ahead 15-14 Moerhig dropped a surefire Int with1 minute left that would have sealed a win. Then down 17-15, Zay Jones dropped a 40 yard bomb that would have given them an 18-17 win. Pretty much have to run the table at 6-6.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    Very ugly win over the Cowboys, 36-33 in OT. Waller injured his knee and didnt return. Hopefully not serious, as he was seen walking on the sideline and on the stationary bike. The defense played reasonably well despite the box score. Stopped at least 5 drives 3 and out, and 1 of the TDs was on special teams. Offense was very good, but the penalties were a major concern. The deep game returned in a big way with Carr throwing for 375 yards, which included a 56 yard TD catch by Jackson. Renfro had a 30+ and a 40+ yard catch. And Zay Jones had a 20+ yard catch. Would have been more by Carr except Dal was flagged 4 times for DPI on long passes. The running game was also strong with about 140 yards rushing. But the penalties were very concerning. Multiple holds and one very stupid clock management decision that resulted in a false start that nearly cost them the game. Tied at 30 with the clock running at 2:10 and the Raiders with the ball 2nd and 4 in long field goal range, they inexplicably rushed to the line to run a play before the 2 min warning. James gets flageed for a head bob, making it 2nd and 9. They dont convert and take the FG, but hand the ball back with nearly 2 min left. Just dont understand that decision to run a play before the 2 minute warning. If they convert 2nd and 4 after the 2 min warning, they win in regulation 33-30. Next game is in LV vs the Redskins. Obviously a must win game.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    26 PPG with Ruggs. 14 PPG without Ruggs.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    So you dont see any extenuating circumstances this year that explain their 5-5 record? Its all roster construction? You've criticized their FA signings. Be specific. Which ones were bad signings. Here's a list of their significant FAs (those expected to be starters or big contributors). Yannick Ngayoue, Casey Hayward, Quinton Jefferson, Gerald McCoy, Incognito, Littleton, Kwiatkoski, Perryman, Mariota, Drake, Hankins, Facyson, Solomon Thomas, Nassib KJ Wright.

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post
    If you wont, or likely cant substantiate your opinion, then I agree, there is no point in engaging you.
    I can substantiate my opinion based on the Raiders record. They have not taken any significant step towards being a better team since Jack Del Rio and Reggie McKenzie were fired.

Leave a comment:

• I C U Ms Frenchie
    replied
    If you wont, or likely cant substantiate your opinion, then I agree, there is no point in engaging you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X