2022 New York Giants Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Anything is possible, but that seems pretty unlikely. Even if the Browns don't sign him to a long term deal, they can use the Franchise Tag on him - I don't see them just letting him walk
    I think you mean Ravens. But yeah going after Lamar doesn't seem like Plan A but who knows for sure.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I think you mean Ravens. But yeah going after Lamar doesn't seem like Plan A but who knows for sure.
      Wow. Not sure how I made that mistake.

Anyway, big game this week... Hope we get to see some of Thibodeaux.

Comment

Wow. Not sure how I made that mistake.

Anyway, big game this week... Hope we get to see some of Thibodeaux.
        You are haunted by the Ghost of Art Modell!
        http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Giants have a chance to go 3-0 for the first time since 2009? If they do beat the Cowboys they’ll be just one of 3 teams to start this year 3-0. Of course it means beating a team that’s absolutely owned them in recent years but with a backup QB and at home.
          Baseball is life;

Comment

I think this team finally has the right leadership, but they really don't have the talent to compete. I thought Jones did a decent job last night with a line that couldn't protect him and receivers that couldn't separate or hang onto the ball. They managed to hang around, but they're going to have a hard time against teams the league's better teams.

Comment

Is there any president for what Shepard was penalized for? We all remember Dez Bryant leaving the sidelines to scream in a refs face and go unpenalized. There seems to be a different set of standards when it comes to star players on the Cowboys.

That being said I feel terrible about his probable season and career ending injury. When healthy he has been our best receiver since Beckham. Jones has no one to throw to. Golloday barely gets open and when he does he drops key 3rd down passes to kill a potential game tying drive. Toney and Robinson can't stay healthy. Sills and James are not every down receives. Bellinger is the only pass catcher that excites me.

If Neal is going to risk the health of Jones but missing blocks then he need to be rotated out or benched for a few games. Not every top 10 pick needs to start right away.

So much for that pass rush by getting Aljuri and Thibs back. Thibs got crowned too soon. Banks didn't become a stud right away. He will need more time.

I still like our chances of going 3-1. The Bears actually have a worse offense than the Giants.
              http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Shepard is made of glass. Too bad because guy has talent for sure.

o-line is going to need to be addressed if they are going to take the next step.

overall I think they are still going in the right direction with this FO and coaching staff but clearly there will be growing pains.

9-8 would still be a hugely successful season given where Gettelman left the organization but 7-10 seems likely. They do have a more favorable schedule but they will still be underdogs in a lot of games.

that said they look like a better team than the bears on paper and should win this one if they are going to take that step from doormat to respectable l
                Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                  Is there any president for what Shepard was penalized for? We all remember Dez Bryant leaving the sidelines to scream in a refs face and go unpenalized. There seems to be a different set of standards when it comes to star players on the Cowboys.

That being said I feel terrible about his probable season and career ending injury. When healthy he has been our best receiver since Beckham. Jones has no one to throw to. Golloday barely gets open and when he does he drops key 3rd down passes to kill a potential game tying drive. Toney and Robinson can't stay healthy. Sills and James are not every down receives. Bellinger is the only pass catcher that excites me.

If Neal is going to risk the health of Jones but missing blocks then he need to be rotated out or benched for a few games. Not every top 10 pick needs to start right away.

So much for that pass rush by getting Aljuri and Thibs back. Thibs got crowned too soon. Banks didn't become a stud right away. He will need more time.

I still like our chances of going 3-1. The Bears actually have a worse offense than the Giants.
                  Next week will be interesting. The Bears are pretty one dimensional offensively, but they run well and the Giants run defense looked pretty bad last night with Leonard Williams out (which I suspect will continue next week). The Giants need to find a way to protect Jones and score - hopefully they won't look as bad when playing weaker opposition.

Comment

I think a successful season would be beating the 2nd division teams which would involve beating Chicago, Seattle, Houston, Washington x2. That gets them to 7 wins then be competitive against the rest of the schedule. I think that would be real progress but we’ll see. They lose to Chicago and well could be another season of looking where their draft pick will land.
                    Baseball is life;

Comment

Seeing the WR woes of the Giants the last few years has really deepened my appreciation for Amani Toomer. Rarely missed any playing time due to injury, and put up some pretty good numbers with some not so good QB's throwing to him.

Eventually, one of these receivers they keep drafting will stay healthy, right?
                      Stay "We" my friends

Comment

I mean, who needs a QB?

This team is definitely benefitting from an easy schedule, but that's not something they would have been capable of in recent years. After years of hearing about culture, it's refreshing to see a team that's so resilient and has creative approaches on both sides of the ball. The schedule is about to get tougher, but I still think they can win 7-9 games this year, which is a pretty big turnaround.

Comment

I’ll be surprised is they win either of the next 2. They will be pretty big dogs against both Packers and Ravens. but yes nice to see they have beat the 2 team “they were supposed” to and split with the other two so far.
                          Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                            I’ll be surprised is they win either of the next 2. They will be pretty big dogs against both Packers and Ravens. but yes nice to see they have beat the 2 team “they were supposed” to and split with the other two so far.
                            They will very likely lose against the Packers - although I think if they were at their best (healthy Jones, receivers, Aaron Robinson), I think they'd have a shot IF the Packers played like they did this weekend. But I think the Packers will rebound with vengeance, and if Jones can't run, their offense will take a big hit.

Comment

They will very likely lose against the Packers - although I think if they were at their best (healthy Jones, receivers, Aaron Robinson), I think they'd have a shot IF the Packers played like they did this weekend. But I think the Packers will rebound with vengeance, and if Jones can't run, their offense will take a big hit.
                              I don't think the Packers are as good as they have been in recent years. That said I still think they have a lot more talent than the Giants can put on the field.
                              Baseball is life;

Comment

Working...
                              X