• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillies giving Girardi the boot today, per Jim Salisbury

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
      Phillies giving Girardi the boot today, per Jim Salisbury
      Assistant coach Bobby Meacham also let go.....I had no idea he was there. I hope he wasn't a fielding coach.
      Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post

Assistant coach Bobby Meacham also let go.....I had no idea he was there. I hope he wasn't a fielding coach.
        Or 3rd base coach. Or base running.

Comment

Bobby Meachum should not be a coach. How can he relate or even measure success? He never had any.
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Cubs DFA Clint Frazier

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
              Cubs DFA Clint Frazier
              How did the Cubs ruin such an excellent prospect?
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

How did the Cubs ruin such an excellent prospect?
                Right after he did another interview about how great it was to be on the more permissive Cubs and not on those regimented "cookie cutter" Yankees. Whoops.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
                  Right after he did another interview about how great it was to be on the more permissive Cubs and not on those regimented "cookie cutter" Yankees. Whoops.
                  Maybe Hal called the Cubs owner and asked for a favor...DFA Frazier...LOL...
                  "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Former Yankee Rob Refsnyder made possibly the catch of the season in todays Red Sox game vs the Mariners.

Comment

Cubs: Clint Frazier no longer wants to be called Clint Frazier (msn.com)

Oddballs, especially in MLB, were many times referred to as "flakes"

This guy is more than a flake - I think he's a weirdo lol

Good Luck to you Jackson!
                      "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Because he wants to go by his middle name which others call him by?
                        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Idk, like when a guy named Mike wanted to be called Giancarlo?
                          Baseball is life;
                          the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Because he wants to go by his middle name which others call him by?
                            No, I wasn't even thinking about the name thing.

I just find it to be an odd way of getting his name into the public eye. I guess I question why he even allows this kind of stuff to be distract him. IMO he and his agent aren't doing a good job at creating good public opinion.

He should be all about how hard he's working to keep a job at the ML level - nothing more, nothing less.

I guess what I'm saying is Mr. Frazier should keep his mouth shut and earn the privilege of being in the public eye.

Comment

I was just about to mention this.

Reminds me of the line in "Bull Durham": "If you win 20 games in The Show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes and the press will think you're colorful! Until you win 20 games, it means you're a slob."
                              I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Giancarlo is his real first name though.
                                http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Working...
                                X