X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 MLB Postseason Thread

It's playoff time!

The brackets are set.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will defend their title while nine others attack.

Will the Dodgers repeat or will there be a new champion?
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Should the Dodgers beat the Cards DS vs the Giants will be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
      Should the Dodgers beat the Cards DS vs the Giants will be insane.
      Absolutely. Surprisingly, the Giants and Dodgers never faced each other in a postseason series of at least a best-of-five.

But I won't be surprised if the Cardinals used their 2011-2013 never quit mojo to shock the Dodgers and take on the Giants where the Orange and Black have their number since the Cardinals beat the Giants in the 1987 NLCS.

Comment

Tampa Bay led the AL in ERA, while their two pitchers with the most innings had ERAs over 5.00. I wonder if it is the first time a team led their league in ERA while their two pitchers with the most innings had ERAs over 5.00. They had 28.1 percent of their innings by pitchers with ERAs over 5.00, compared to 10.4 percent of the Yankees' innings by pitchers with ERAs over 5.00. It's hard to win 100 games without having a bigger star than anybody on Tampa Bay, where rookies Randy Arozarena and Wander Franco are among their most famous players. Nelson Cruz has a .725 OPS for them, Rich Hill who is well-known because of his long career was traded to the Mets, and Tyler Glasnow had Tommy John surgery. Brandon Lowe had 39 home runs and 99 RBI, but I don't think he's well-known by the standards of a player with that many home runs and RBI. Shane McClanahan went 10-6 with a 3.43 ERA and should get Rookie of the Year votes.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanJ View Post
          Tampa Bay led the AL in ERA, while their two pitchers with the most innings had ERAs over 5.00. I wonder if it is the first time a team led their league in ERA while their two pitchers with the most innings had ERAs over 5.00. They had 28.1 percent of their innings by pitchers with ERAs over 5.00, compared to 10.4 percent of the Yankees' innings by pitchers with ERAs over 5.00. It's hard to win 100 games without having a bigger star than anybody on Tampa Bay, where rookies Randy Arozarena and Wander Franco are among their most famous players. Nelson Cruz has a .725 OPS for them, Rich Hill who is well-known because of his long career was traded to the Mets, and Tyler Glasnow had Tommy John surgery. Brandon Lowe had 39 home runs and 99 RBI, but I don't think he's well-known by the standards of a player with that many home runs and RBI. Shane McClanahan went 10-6 with a 3.43 ERA and should get Rookie of the Year votes.
          I can guarantee it’s the first time a team has lead the league in ERA without a single pitcher throwing enough innings to qualify for the ERA title.
          Baseball is life;
          the rest is just details.

Comment

Predictions out on mlb daily email. Oddest prediction to me is Brewers-Tampa Bay in WS. Or Atlanta-White Sox.
            Most predicted is Tampa Bay and San Francisco.

Comment

BB55's Picks - 2021 MLB Postseason: Wild Card Round

AL Wild Card Game: NYY over BOS
              NL Wild Card Game: LAD over STL

Comment

Originally posted by Portbb View Post
                Predictions out on mlb daily email. Oddest prediction to me is Brewers-Tampa Bay in WS. Or Atlanta-White Sox.
                Most predicted is Tampa Bay and San Francisco.
                I think most fans especially purists want to see these types of WS matchups: Yankees-Cardinals, Red Sox-Cardinals, Yankees-Giants, Red Sox-Giants, Yankees-Dodgers, or Red Sox-Dodgers.

No disrespect to the Rays since Tampa is one of the hottest and most successful sports cities lately along with St. Louis and the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston currently has the most titles in the 21st Century in terms of the Big Four Pro Sports Leagues in North America with 12, but MLB needs New York in a grand finale since they're in a sports title slump of 10 years and counting.

That's just my hunch.

Comment

Go Rays and ChiSox. Boston vs Houston will be a nightmare scenario.
                  http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

In the top of the first inning, St. Louis had one single, no extra base hits, went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position, and still scored 1. 0-for-4 was possible because of reaching on an error.

I'm rooting for the small market Brewers.

Comment

Joe West working the plate. The worst umpires work the most important games.

Comment

This is a heck of a game. Great pitching and defense.

Comment

Win 106 games, and still risk being out after one game. I would anticipate another rules change….
                          If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                            Joe West working the plate. The worst umpires work the most important games.
                            Amazing isn’t it?
                            If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

On to the 9th. Great great pitching. Ooops still 8th inning.

Comment

Working...
                              X