2021 MLB Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Portbb View Post

Think about it this way- in order to equal the travel schedule for all teams while playing each other the same amount of times, which appears to balance the schedule-

The Eastern teams would need to fly to say, London three separate times during the course of the season and play other Eastern teams there. That would be a way to promote the MLB in London and Europe. And equal the travel schedule for say, Seattle and Oakland. The Yankees flying to London to play the Red Sox 3 games in April, then going back for 3 games in July against the Orioles, then going back for 3 games in September against the Blue Jays. The other teams doing the same thing. That would equal Seattle's travel playing a balanced schedule. Every season.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone is suggesting a fully balanced schedule. My understanding (based on the comments from BB55 and effdamets) is that the idea was to have the teams that are competing for playoff spots to face similar schedules, rather than have, say, the AL East teams have much harder schedules than those from the Central.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone is suggesting a fully balanced schedule. My understanding (based on the comments from BB55 and effdamets) is that the idea was to have the teams that are competing for playoff spots to face similar schedules, rather than have, say, the AL East teams have much harder schedules than those from the Central.
      I must be mistaken then because I thought a suggestion was made that each team in the league play the same number of games against every other team in the league.

Harder schedules change year to year. Who would have thought that the 2019 WC Nats would end up in last place in 2020 and 2021? And be an "easy" team so quickly.

Comment

Lost in 09 and 16 as well. Angels and Indians.
        Lost 08 too vs Rays
        Vandelay! Say Vandelay!

Comment

Double play starts the game. Giants coming up.

Comment

Crawford strikes out on strike 4.
            0-0. On to the Second.

Comment

Wilmer with a single ! Two on one out. Evan Longoria up.

Comment

Still can’t believe the Dodgers took the opener route.

even if it does work out
                If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Both teams can pitch. On to the third.

Comment

Webb is so good. 24 years old.

Comment

On 3, 5, and 4 pitches….Wow
                      If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

8 pitches for Urias - I will take that

Comment

Dodgers threatening.

Comment

Webb gets out of it!

Comment

Bryant mad. NOT a strike.

Comment

Bryant mad. NOT a strike.
                                Don’t think there was a strike thrown that entire at bat. Great sequence.

Comment

Working...
                                X