2021 MLB Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucky View Post

This may be the best trade for the end the end of the season. Atl will not miss Sandoval.. Everybody talked about Turner. Got to give crrdit to their GM.
    Joc Pederson was also a nice trade.

Here are his playoff numbers for this year...

348 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI, .375 OBP, 1.114 OPS

Crazy how everyone was saying they need to be sellers and trade Morton at the deadline. Now they are 1 game away from the World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Short series. Back in 1988 Mets were 10-2 vs the Dodgers in the regular season but lost the LCS to them. And the Mets actually won 2 of the games started by the Dodgers ace pitcher that season.
      Hmm...almost like short series can produce crap shoot like results.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

Hmm...almost like short series can produce crap shoot like results.
        Beginning to think so.
        More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

Beginning to think so.
          here here
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

here here
            Especially if the $237 mil Dodgers lose.
            More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by JLJ81 View Post

Joc Pederson was also a nice trade.

Here are his playoff numbers for this year...

348 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI, .375 OBP, 1.114 OPS

Crazy how everyone was saying they need to be sellers and trade Morton at the deadline. Now they are 1 game away from the World Series.
              JOCtober Right great guy to have on the team.

Comment

And it starts….I guess if the NL is to win the WS, have to go with Atlanta. Dodgers so out of it right now.
                If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Looks like the Dodgers going to win their 7th consecutive elimination game.

Comment

Georgia, Georgia no peace I find.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Scherzer in game 6? Buehler in 7?
                      If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
                        And it starts….I guess if the NL is to win the WS, have to go with Atlanta. Dodgers so out of it right now.
                        That didn’t age well lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

Especially if the $237 mil Dodgers lose.
                          Per Cot's, they're at $262,111,667 for the 2021 season 40-man roster

Could the Yanks have been better if they added $50M+ to their 2021 payroll?

There's no guarantee.
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Per Cot's, they're at $262,111,667 for the 2021 season 40-man roster

Could the Yanks have been better if they added $50M+ to their 2021 payroll?

There's no guarantee.
                            Not with Cashman at the helm... He'd wind up signing a league average player to a 14 year contract
                            "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Comment

Second highest payroll team in the AL has a quick 1-0 lead over the third highest.

Comment

Any chance an earthquake could swallow both these teams into a black hole?

Comment

Working...
                                X