Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MLB Postseason Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by bucky View Post

    This may be the best trade for the end the end of the season. Atl will not miss Sandoval.. Everybody talked about Turner. Got to give crrdit to their GM.
    Joc Pederson was also a nice trade.

    Here are his playoff numbers for this year...

    348 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI, .375 OBP, 1.114 OPS

    Crazy how everyone was saying they need to be sellers and trade Morton at the deadline. Now they are 1 game away from the World Series.

    Comment


      Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

      Short series. Back in 1988 Mets were 10-2 vs the Dodgers in the regular season but lost the LCS to them. And the Mets actually won 2 of the games started by the Dodgers ace pitcher that season.
      Hmm...almost like short series can produce crap shoot like results.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

        Hmm...almost like short series can produce crap shoot like results.
        Beginning to think so.
        More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

          Beginning to think so.
          here here
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

          Comment


            Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

            here here
            Especially if the $237 mil Dodgers lose.
            More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

            Comment


              Originally posted by JLJ81 View Post

              Joc Pederson was also a nice trade.

              Here are his playoff numbers for this year...

              348 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI, .375 OBP, 1.114 OPS

              Crazy how everyone was saying they need to be sellers and trade Morton at the deadline. Now they are 1 game away from the World Series.
              JOCtober Right great guy to have on the team.

              Comment


                And it starts….I guess if the NL is to win the WS, have to go with Atlanta. Dodgers so out of it right now.
                If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

                Comment


                  Looks like the Dodgers going to win their 7th consecutive elimination game.

                  Comment


                    Georgia, Georgia no peace I find.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

                    Comment


                      Scherzer in game 6? Buehler in 7?
                      If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
                        And it starts….I guess if the NL is to win the WS, have to go with Atlanta. Dodgers so out of it right now.
                        That didn’t age well lol.
                        If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

                          Especially if the $237 mil Dodgers lose.
                          Per Cot's, they're at $262,111,667 for the 2021 season 40-man roster

                          Could the Yanks have been better if they added $50M+ to their 2021 payroll?

                          There's no guarantee.
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

                            Per Cot's, they're at $262,111,667 for the 2021 season 40-man roster

                            Could the Yanks have been better if they added $50M+ to their 2021 payroll?

                            There's no guarantee.
                            Not with Cashman at the helm... He'd wind up signing a league average player to a 14 year contract
                            "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

                            Comment


                              Second highest payroll team in the AL has a quick 1-0 lead over the third highest.

                              Comment


                                Any chance an earthquake could swallow both these teams into a black hole?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X