X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Ooops. Wardrobe malfunction......kinda.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...ic_id=21753540
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Comment

Latest on the saga of SF Giant fan Bryan Stow
      Witness: Suspect had blood on hand
      http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...had-blood-hand
      "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
        Latest on the saga of SF Giant fan Bryan Stow
        Witness: Suspect had blood on hand
        http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...had-blood-hand
        I hope they throw these miserable excuses for human beings under the jail.
        However, she said she recalled him turning to his 10-year-old son and saying, "'You better not say anything about this to your mother."
        What a model father.......that poor kid. It's bad enough he had to be there when it happened. Then his own father threatens him.

Comment

These could be two of th most stunning statistics that I have read in a very long time. Truly staggering.....

Votto has not popped up to the infield all season. In fact, he has popped out to the infield only three times in 2,138 plate appearances over the past four seasons.

Votto has pulled a ball foul into the stands only once in his entire major league career. Once

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1xEyJuRFd

CRAZY.
          Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Comment

Millwood took a no hitter thru 6, then left with a groin strain. Bullpen has continued it another inning.

Comment

They completed the no hitter. Took 6 pitchers to do it. I remember when that was done to the Yanks...very embarrassing. It was a few years ago I believe but I wiped from my mind what team it was and how many pitchers it took lol.
              "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey View Post
                They completed the no hitter. Took 6 pitchers to do it. I remember when that was done to the Yanks...very embarrassing. It was a few years ago I believe but I wiped from my mind what team it was and how many pitchers it took lol.
                Houston, six pitchers, June 11, 2003, old Yankee Stadium:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00306110.shtml

Comment

Dang that was a lot further back then I thought...seems like it was maybe at most 4 years ago. I guess something like that sticks out in your memory.
                  "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Comment

Originally posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
                    I hope they throw these miserable excuses for human beings under the jail.

What a model father.......that poor kid. It's bad enough he had to be there when it happened. Then his own father threatens him.
                    Now one of the defendants admitted that he beat up Bryan Stow
                    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...ed-stand-trial
                    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Use of government time in the Clemens trial, sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by goin for 27 View Post
                        These could be two of th most stunning statistics that I have read in a very long time. Truly staggering.....

Votto has not popped up to the infield all season. In fact, he has popped out to the infield only three times in 2,138 plate appearances over the past four seasons.

Votto has pulled a ball foul into the stands only once in his entire major league career. Once
                        That's completely ridiculous. He also remembers the one time he's pulled a ball foul.

"Sure, I remember it," he said. "It was my rookie year. It wasn't that deep -- and maybe 20, 30 feet foul. I haven't hit a long home run foul in my whole career."

Comment

Originally posted by swityak11 View Post
                          That's completely ridiculous. He also remembers the one time he's pulled a ball foul.

"Sure, I remember it," he said. "It was my rookie year. It wasn't that deep -- and maybe 20, 30 feet foul. I haven't hit a long home run foul in my whole career."
                          Haha citing SI, attempted to run this by my father who did NOT believe me, so didn't even bring up Votto's infield popups

Just when you thought the Yankees' bases loaded woes are as lethargic as it gets:

The Phillies are dead last in baseball with a 38 percent success rate when batting with runners on third and less than two outs. They have batted 117 times with that situation and only 45 have yielded a run in some way, whether it be via a hit, groundout or sacrifice fly.
                          That is the worst rate for any team since at least 1948.
                          Baseball Reference keeps play-by-play data from 1948 on and few teams have even come close to the Phillies' futility. Only the 1965 Mets had a rate below 40 percent; they scored 39 percent from third with less than two outs. That team finished 50-112 and only 47 games back.
                          http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1xaD3dQt9

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
                            Now one of the defendants admitted that he beat up Bryan Stow
                            http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...ed-stand-trial
                            "It's going to be bad, dude," Norwood says.

"How much time do you think we are going to get?" Sanchez asks.

"A lot," replies Norwood. "We need to come up with a good (expletive) defense."
                            Sanchez suggests they say Giants fans harassed his sister, or that six or seven Giants fans jumped him first. But Norwood was skeptical.

"Dude, they're gonna say you were looking for a fight the whole night," he says.

Witnesses at the hearing said Sanchez taunted Giants fans throughout the game, throwing peanuts and other food at them and spraying a woman with a can of soda. His sister testified that Sanchez was drunk.

The recording of the conversation was played during the hearing but was indecipherable without the written transcript that Superior Court Judge George Lomeli released Friday after considering five days of testimony and evidence.

Defense lawyers challenged the identifications of the defendants by witnesses, but their own words on the recording placed them at the scene.
                            What morons.......I hope the wheels of justice run right over them, back up and then over them again.

Comment

Andre Ethier is signing a 5/$85m extension with the Dodgers, with the likelihood it becomes a 6/$102.5m deal with a plate appearances vesting option.

Comment

That's a lot of money for a 30-year-old corner OF who isn't an elite hitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X