Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Is anyone following the Toronto/Washington game right now? Tyler Moore has hit 2 homers for Washington. He entered the game without an RBI..
    Last edited by TheDozen; 06-13-12, 06:47 PM.
    Beat the Mets, beat the Mets
    Step right up and beat the Mets

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
      I could easily see some offensively challenged power starved team throw something near 4/$60M to 5/$70M numbers at Nick.
      And at that point, I'd say, "Thanks Nick for all you've done and for helping us win the '09 World Series. Best of luck to you."
      I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Comment

2012 AL ASG BP caps

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/06/14/...ue/#more-30218

Comment

^^ that is an ugly hat..

This is an odd feud between Baker and Lowe. When is the last time there was a long standing feud between a player and an opposing manager?

An ongoing feud between Indians pitcher Derek Lowe and Reds manager Dusty Baker heated up on Wednesday and then boiled over on Thursday when Baker revealed he instructed starter Mat Latos to throw a purpose-pitch inside at Lowe.

Following a 5-3 Reds victory on Wednesday, Lowe said he had "zero respect" for Baker during a postgame rant in response to Latos pitching inside to him in the top of the fifth inning. Lowe accused Baker of instructing his pitchers to brush him back over the past five seasons.

On Thursday morning, Baker said he called for the inside pitch.
          During his tirade on Wednesday night, the 39-year-old Lowe indicated that his history with Baker dates back to the pitcher's final season with the Dodgers in 2008. Visibly angered on Thursday, the typically calm Reds manager fired some harsh words at Lowe and claimed that their issues stem from something the pitcher did several years ago.

"You go ask him, since he made it public. Go ask him what he did," Baker said. "The word was that whatever he did and said, there was probably a good chance he was drinking at the ballpark at that time ... so he doesn't remember what he said or what he did, OK?"
          http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
          “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

Comment

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T9p-t47GoUU
            San Francisco Giants first baseman Aubrey Huff hurt his knee trying to jump over the dugout railing to celebrate Matt Cain's perfect game Wednesday night.

Huff tripped and landed on his right knee and could be facing a stint on the disabled list.

San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy told CSN Bay Area that it was possible Huff's injury could land him on the DL, but it is still "too early to tell."

Huff had an MRI Thursday afternoon and the team is awaiting the results.

Comment

It's getting ridiculous with these celebration injuries. I almost expect a Mets player to crash his car while finding out they overturned David Wrights error to give Dickey the no hitter.
              http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Dusty Baker is such an idiot.

Comment

It looks like the Manny Ramirez comeback has taken a detour.

From Twitter @MLB

MLB BREAKING: Manny Ramirez has requested his outright release from the A's and the team has granted his request.

Comment

Originally posted by iYankFan4 View Post
                    It looks like the Manny Ramirez comeback has taken a detour.

From Twitter @MLB
                    He was actually hitting pretty well in AAA. I don't understand why the A's didn't call him up. I have to think he could out hit Collin Cowhill.
                    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by RenoHightower View Post
                      Were Mark Prior and Kerry Wood also drinking when Baker ruined their careers?
                      "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                        Were Mark Prior and Kerry Wood also drinking when Baker ruined their careers?
                        What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                          What did I miss?
                          http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7525562
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Or I could have scrolled up three posts............

Anyway, Matt Moore

7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 8 K

Comment

No, it isn't. Swisher's numbers aren't comparable to Ethier's.
                              Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
                                He was actually hitting pretty well in AAA. I don't understand why the A's didn't call him up. I have to think he could out hit Collin Cowhill.
                                Maybe, maybe not. Cowgill is like 19-45 and Seth Smith is leading the AL in batting this month. I figured it would be Cowgill to Sac but the A's decided differently. I think Manny was hitting .300 but he'd yet to go yard and he can't play the field. Vlad was hitting in AAA too when Tor cut bait. Not sure either will get picked up, hard to see a team that "needs" a RH DH right now.
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

Comment

Working...
                                X