• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    Padres extend Tatis 14/340
    Any opt-outs?
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Blake Snell’s got something to say.
      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
        The only downside is if Tatis sustains a major injury early in the contract. The NHL team I follow once signed a young goaltender to a 15 year deal and it turned out to be a disaster.
        The problem with Rick DiPietro is that it paid him till his age 39 season and he wasn't among the best goalies in the NHL at that time. GM Neil Smith actually wanted a 5 year deal and got fired by the Owner who was stuck on the 15 year term. As long as you are not paying a player past age 35 I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the deal. This is a deal that Tatis deserves. Sadly the only thing being discussed on Sports radio yesterday is how long till the Padres trade him to a big market.
        http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Very interesting and touches on something I have been saying for a long time. That is, athletes are not automatons. You can slice and dice spreadsheets and computer generated scenarios all day long, but you are dealing with human beings. Taking that into consideration and integrating that understanding into the analytical model of today will benefit every team that figures out how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post
            Very interesting and touches on something I have been saying for a long time. That is, athletes are not automatons. You can slice and dice spreadsheets and computer generated scenarios all day long, but you are dealing with human beings. Taking that into consideration and integrating that understanding into the analytical model of today will benefit every team that figures out how to do it.
            It's a great read.

He said what I knew distracted him that night, too: heading out to the mound to pitch the 6th to the sight of someone warming up in the pen threw him out of his rhythm. That's not the blame game. That's just how pitchers are.

Comment

It's a great read.

He said what I knew distracted him that night, too: heading out to the mound to pitch the 6th to the sight of someone warming up in the pen threw him out of his rhythm. That's not the blame game. That's just how pitchers are.

It was a really great read. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

I’m surprised we’re not reading it right now.
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Wow. Hope he writes a book. Like a burrito - I'm buying it.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
                    Wow. Hope he writes a book. Like a burrito - I'm buying it.

thanks
                    Agreed. He's comfortable in the familiar tone and the fact he made a point to befriend the people he'd see every day speaks to his appreciation of the sport, imho.

Comment

Linder to Mets 10/341. Jesus Christ.

Comment

Lindor to Mets 10/341. Jesus.
                        Last edited by Vin; 04-01-21, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Mets/Nats postponed because of a positive case on the Nationals with 4 other players in quarantine. Way to start the year strong MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                            Mets/Nats postponed because of a positive case on the Nationals with 4 other players in quarantine. Way to start the year strong MLB.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if they postpone the whole weekend series "out of an abundance of caution."
                            "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Hope Oakland fans remember to boo the crap out of the Astros?
                              Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
                              Well....I am a total bacon whore...
                              <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post
                                Hope Oakland fans remember to boo the crap out of the Astros?
                                Didn't work. Houston throttled them 8-1 with rockets flying all over the yard. Brantley, Bregman, and Alavarez all look locked in.

Comment

Working...
                                X