No announcement yet.

Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Tatis Jr. situation is fascinating. MLB.com is reporting, "For the bulk of his professional career, Tatis has battled soreness in his left shoulder -- a fact that came to light in March when he exited a Spring Training game because of it. He returned to the field two days later." He signed his big contract in February.
    Testing 1,2,3, testing, 1,2,3

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post
      This Tatis Jr. situation is fascinating. MLB.com is reporting, "For the bulk of his professional career, Tatis has battled soreness in his left shoulder -- a fact that came to light in March when he exited a Spring Training game because of it. He returned to the field two days later." He signed his big contract in February.
      This really bothers me that you hear this after the fact, especially if I was offering a 14 year deal. (I thought of Sevy 2 years ago when we were expecting/depending coming back in August/Sept, then got shut down and had TJS) It did not look good and we will find out later today. This was the one guy I would have sign long term being so young (14 yrs!). I hope it's good news.

Tingler revealed that Tatis has suffered minor shoulder dislocations in the past, too, saying, “It comes out and comes back in.” Just never to this extreme.

if it's "minor" check it out. Like a coach asking a pitcher who is terrible or tired if he wants to stay in to finish the inning.

(nice, I hit the wrong button and it was restored!)

Comment

Nelson Cruz still fighting off father time. Unreal.
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

@JenTalksSports:

James Paxton is leaving with trainers. He threw 24 pitches

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
            @JenTalksSports:

Sounds about right.

Comment

Tatis is surprisingly good news if you saw this. No surgery required and 10 day DL. Great news for Padre fans. It will be interesting to watch how this works out with a different organization and the investment they made. (As for Paxton, I can't help but think about Pavano. I am not feeling sorry only glad he is gone)

Comment

MLB should be embarrassed about this nonsense.

https://twitter.com/Jared_Carrabis/s...872904192?s=20

Conforto straight up nudged his elbow out over the plate to draw a HBP.

The sport's basically doing what it can to become unwatchable.
                “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Conforto is going to get plunked the next time they play
                  http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                    Conforto is going to get plunked the next time they play
                    And you just know the umps will issue warnings to both dugouts before the game starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                      MLB should be embarrassed about this nonsense.

https://twitter.com/Jared_Carrabis/s...872904192?s=20

Conforto straight up nudged his elbow out over the plate to draw a HBP.

The sport's basically doing what it can to become unwatchable.
                      That's unconscionably bad.

Comment

@JenTalksSports:

Heyman:

Tommy John surgery has been recommended for James Paxton. Would miss the year snd be back in 2022.

Comment

Heyman:

Tommy John surgery has been recommended for James Paxton. Would miss the year snd be back in 2022.
                          He really shouldn't bother. Surgery and all that rehab for what? Dude will just get hurt again. Some bodies aren't built for this.

Comment

He really shouldn't bother. Surgery and all that rehab for what? Dude will just get hurt again. Some bodies aren't built for this.
                            Well, he should get the surgery on the team's dime and then just retire. Not sure he wants to hit the links with a bum elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Well, he should get the surgery on the team's dime and then just retire. Not sure he wants to hit the links with a bum elbow.
                              Do you need TJS for everyday life? I was a soccer player, so all the injuries I say were lower body. I know you don't need ACL surgery unless you want to play certain sports.

Comment

Do you need TJS for everyday life? I was a soccer player, so all the injuries I say were lower body. I know you don't need ACL surgery unless you want to play certain sports.
                                It depends how he'd envision how he wants to spend his 30s and 40s. If he plays tennis or golf, I could see him wanting access to a fully restored elbow. He obviously wouldn't be stressing his elbow out again like he did as a pitcher, but if he's competitive, he wouldn't want a bum elbow hanging over his head. Well, unless it's in his backswing.
                                Last edited by matt2351; 04-09-21, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X