Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

My point was actually that suspension really isn’t the relevant issue, and comparison with Germán completely misses the point. This isn’t a competition.
    Well German is a Yankees who was suspended for domestic violence so there is going to be a comparison. My point was that he can't and shouldn't get any less of a suspension especially considering there was an arrest involved. But lets not forget that Miggy Cabrera and Brett Myers didn't spend any time in jail.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

Well German is a Yankees who was suspended for domestic violence so there is going to be a comparison. My point was that he can't and shouldn't get any less of a suspension especially considering there was an arrest involved. But lets not forget that Miggy Cabrera and Brett Myers didn't spend any time in jail.
      Strangulation. He’s going to jail, and unless I have my facts mistaken, his contract will become voided.
      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Apparently Remy left the Red Sox broadcast booth abruptly during the 3rd inning last night and no one from the organization has acknowledged it or explained why. Hopefully everything is ok.
        David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
          Apparently Remy left the Red Sox broadcast booth abruptly during the 3rd inning last night and no one from the organization has acknowledged it or explained why. Hopefully everything is ok.
          Shortness of breath, taken to hospital for observation.

Comment

Cleveland's Aaron Civale is the first pitcher to 10 wins. Shane Bieber led the AL with 8 wins last year. In 2017, Carlos Carrasco, Corey Kluber, and Kansas City's Jason Vargas tied for the AL lead with 18 wins. If the season was over now, Cleveland would have four pitchers lead the AL in wins in a five year span, albeit you could argue that you shouldn't count teammates in the same year. The Yankees have never had four pitchers lead the AL in wins in a five year span. There were two times that three Yankees did it with Jimmy Key in 1994, Andy Pettitte in 1996, and David Cone tied for the lead in 1998; and Bob Turley in 1958, Whitey Ford in 1961, and Ralph Terry in 1962.

Comment

San Francisco's Kevin Gausman, who had a 5.72 ERA in 2019, leads MLB in the Cy Young Predictor at https://www.espn.com/mlb/features/cyyoung with 101.4. He's on pace for 216.0, which would be the highest since the Chicago Cubs' Jake Arrieta and the Los Angeles Dodgers' Zack Greinke in 2015. It goes back to 2002, so 2002 through 2019 are 18 seasons in which a pitcher could have gotten that high. Arrieta, Greinke, Clayton Kershaw, Justin Verlander, and Randy Johnson are the only pitchers to get at least 216. Johnson's 255.3 in 2002 is the MLB record, and Verlander's 241.3 in 2011 is the AL record. Gausman is on pace to exceed Cliff Lee's 22-3 season.

The Giants have played 71 games, but calculating Gausman's pace is not as simple as multiplying his 101.4 by 162 and dividing by 71. The reason is that there is a 12 point Victory Bonus for being on a first place team, and the Victory Bonus doesn't go up proportionately to games played. To calculate the pace of a pitcher with a Victory Bonus, subtract 12, calculate his pace without the Victory Bonus, and then add 12.

Comment

The Tampa Bay Ray hitters lead the majors in strikeouts with 766. They are on pace to set an all-time record for strikeouts.
                The Yankees have 656 Kd batters.
                "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Girardi is a tool.

Comment

Yesterday Zach Davis of the Cubs pitched 6 no-hit innings and was pulled. The Cubs pull pen completed the no-hitter.
                    Nick Pivetta threw 6.2 IP of no hit ball for the Red Sox and was pulled, the Sox would lose the no hitter and the game in the 8th.

When is the last time 2 pitchers threw at least 6 No Hit innings on the same day and were both pulled with a no hitter still intact?
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Bauer being investigated after being accused of assault by a woman in LA. His lawyers deny it, saying it was consensual rough sex. Can you imagine the NY papers if Bauer had signed with the Yankees !
                      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post
                        Bauer being investigated after being accused of assault by a woman in LA. His lawyers deny it, saying it was consensual rough sex. Can you imagine the NY papers if Bauer had signed with the Yankees !
                        It probably wouldn't have happened.
                        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

It probably wouldn't have happened.
                          Why ?
                          More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Why ?
                            He wouldn't have been in California.
                            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

He wouldn't have been in California.
                              Hmm. So, there is no rough sex in NYC ? Somehow, I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Hmm. So, there is no rough sex in NYC ? Somehow, I find that hard to believe.
                                He's saying Bauer wouldn't have been accused by a woman in Los Angeles of rough sex if he had been on a team that plays its home games in New York City.

Comment

Working...
                                X