No announcement yet.

Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies to the alleged victim, but this does not surprise me in the slightest that Bauer is into pain and humiliation.

https://youtu.be/xc_WJFp6fRs

“Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

He's saying Bauer wouldn't have been accused by a woman in Los Angeles of rough sex if he had been on a team that plays its home games in New York City.
      Ok, but I guess I'm saying, it could happen anywhere, and if it did happen in NYC, the media would be all over it.
      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/28/st...working-opener

Spin Rates down dramatically across baseball since crack down.
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

Ok, but I guess I'm saying, it could happen anywhere, and if it did happen in NYC, the media would be all over it.
          Bauer would’ve been eaten alive in New York City. Hard, HARD pass on that clown.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post

LA isn’t exactly a media desert. I suspect they’re all over it out there, too.
            History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
            - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

LA isn’t exactly a media desert. I suspect they’re all over it out there, too.
              Holy freakin crap.

Comment

Yuk.
                More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Bauer would’ve been eaten alive in New York City. Hard, HARD pass on that clown.
                  Like Cuomo?
                  “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
                  ― Epictetus

Comment

Originally posted by Krall View Post

Like Cuomo?
                    Not following.

Eta: if you're talking about the rampant misogyny in the press that has let Cuomo off easy? I'm not so sure a man facing allegations of felony rape & assault would enjoy such luxury, but to each their own.

Comment

Like Cuomo?
                      No reason whatsoever to bring politics into this and politics are strictly forbidden outside of their designated threads.

Comment

Not following.

Eta: if you're talking about the rampant misogyny in the press that has let Cuomo off easy? I'm not so sure a man facing allegations of felony rape & assault would enjoy such luxury, but to each their own.
                        Did you mean Bauer in general as a player would be eaten alive here?

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

No reason whatsoever to bring politics into this and politics are strictly forbidden outside of their designated threads.
                        I think I misunderstood what ojo was saying. With all do respect, Cuomo is just a man and it’s a recent example of this kind of behavior. It has nothing to do with politics.
                        ― Epictetus

Comment

I think I misunderstood what ojo was saying. With all do respect, Cuomo is just a man and it’s a recent example of this kind of behavior. It has nothing to do with politics.
                          It's not up for discussion. This has been the policy of the forum for 2 decades. We have made an exception to have a few political threads in a very defined area of the site and that's it. You may not agree with the policy, but, if you want to post here, you have to abide by it. Also, openly disagreeing with moderation is not permitted. You have been here as long as I have, you know the rules.

Comment

I think I misunderstood what ojo was saying. [removed]

Yes, I have always felt there was something off with him. From the Twitter bullying of a teenager (when he was in his mid 20s) to throwing a ball beyond the CF wall after a complete meltdown in KC a couple years ago..

Comment

Yes, I have always felt there was something off with him. From the Twitter bullying of a teenager (when he was in his mid 20s) to throwing a ball beyond the CF wall after a complete meltdown in KC a couple years ago..
                              You’re right, I forgot about his Twitter bullying. I don’t know the psychology of it, but he said as a kid he was bullied.

I wanted him to be a Yankee, but glad he’s not. Though that said people behind closed doors do some different things together.
                              ― Epictetus

Comment

Of the ten teams that would have made the playoffs last year if the playoffs had ten teams, five of them are at least 5 games out of playoff position. The Yankees got the 5 seed last season because second place teams were seeded above third place teams, but if last year had the usual format we would have missed the playoffs, with Chicago and Cleveland being the wild cards, so the five teams in the previous sentence don't include us.

Comment

Working...
                                X