Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Portbb View Post
    Carlos Correa, Yuli Gurriel, Alex Bregman and Jose Altuve have played 61 (and counting) postseason games together. The most of any four teammates in MLB history. Surprising. I thought some Yankees team post 1995 would be first.
    What percentage of those games did they cheat in?
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

What percentage of those games did they cheat in?
      100% of them.

Comment

Not surprising, but it seems the Oakland A’s will follow the Raiders to Las Vegas. Screw them for moving, but the fans did not show up here. It’s kind of understandable unlike the Raiders who always packed the stadium.
        NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

Routinely wishing bad mojo on the Bruins.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthianblast View Post
          Not surprising, but it seems the Oakland A’s will follow the Raiders to Las Vegas. Screw them for moving, but the fans did not show up here. It’s kind of understandable unlike the Raiders who always packed the stadium.
          When the owner's proposal is funding the stadium by themselves but the local authority is still arguing if they should fund the infrastructure around, it's time to move on. Rare time I side with the owner.

Comment

Montreal may be next. I am sure I will read about Tampa Bay with Montreal next year as sister city. Before Covid hit it was a split because I was going up there if it happened. If there is no support I don't feel bad for the fans. I don't want any expansions (adding Montreal and keeping TB)

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

When the owner's proposal is funding the stadium by themselves but the local authority is still arguing if they should fund the infrastructure around, it's time to move on. Rare time I side with the owner.
              I totally get it; Oakland officials are being incredibly stupid on this proposal. Rather than Oakland wish they’d move South into Fremont or even San Jose area. Team is trying to privately finance AND loaning the city money for infrastructure; like take the deal and let’s go.
              NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

Routinely wishing bad mojo on the Bruins.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthianblast View Post

I totally get it; Oakland officials are being incredibly stupid on this proposal. Rather than Oakland wish they’d move South into Fremont or even San Jose area. Team is trying to privately finance AND loaning the city money for infrastructure; like take the deal and let’s go.
                The Giants have consistently blocked the A's from going to San Jose. Really Vegas looks like the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanJ View Post
                  I read on Twitter that if Robbie Ray wins the Cy Young, he will be the fifth Cy Young winner who was on Detroit in 2014. He would join Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, David Price, and Rick Porcello. That team also had Miguel Cabrera, J.D. Martinez, Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter, Ian Kinsler (1,999 hits), Joe Nathan (8th with 377 career saves), and Jim Johnson (he and Eric Gagne are the only pitchers with consecutive 50+ save seasons).
                  That's amazing. Equally amazing is that the 2014 Tigers had an ERA+ of 97, below league average, in spite of that collection of talent.

Comment

Steve Cohen tweeted this, somehow, presumably about Matz and his representatives:

I’m not happy this morning . I’ve never seen such unprofessional behavior exhibited by a player’s agent.I guess words and promises don’t matter.
                    Should play well with other agents

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                      Steve Cohen tweeted this, somehow, presumably about Matz and his representatives:

Why? Did the Mets offer more? I don't understand the details. Didn't the Mets traded him after 1 bad year to TOR??? I think he had like 8 teams (TOR was one) offering 2 years and he got 4! (we were not one of them and need a SP LHP). IMO He got a better deal. Mets should have not let him go, lost Syndergaard for a 1 year deal, and hired Billy Eppler. What can go wrong with that? This happens all the time. sour grapes?

Yesterday I think Wanderlust (another reporter gets credit for this) agreed to the 11 yr deal with TB. I read it does NOT have a no trade (he get 3M) until he get the 5/10 at 2031. It was a win win for everybody. I didn't follow him like I did with Tatis but he looked "pretty good" when I saw him.

Surprised this got posted I got timed out and just gave up. It was 8 hours ago. Too bad because I do like Steve Cohen buying the team and he is a fan. It hurts even more and I am not a happy fan.
                      Last edited by bucky; 11-25-21, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Or maybe they don’t care

Comment

Or maybe they don’t care
                          Money talks.

Comment

Working...
                          X