No announcement yet.

Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven’t already heard about Hunter Greene’s night, every sportswriter seemingly has his or her own different factoid about it. Mostly velocity.

Comment

Cubs beat the Pirates 21-0. Giants and Jets should be so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Portbb View Post
        Cubs beat the Pirates 21-0. Giants and Jets should be so lucky.
        The Giants and Jets couldn't combine to score 21 points.
        http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

From Yahoo Fantasy news...
          Major League Baseball has announced that they have suspended Trevor Bauer 324 games without pay due to his violation of MLB's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.

That's a long suspension.
          Baseball is life;
          the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
            From Yahoo Fantasy news...
            Major League Baseball has announced that they have suspended Trevor Bauer 324 games without pay due to his violation of MLB's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.

That's a long suspension.
            Why not just say 4 sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Why not just say 4 sessions.
              He's going to appeal. That should take forever also.
              More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

I think he only signed a 3yr deal. That means he'll never pitch for the Dodgers. And my guess is most organizations won't touch him with a 10-foot pole in 2024.
                "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Lots of chatter about this on MLBTR, on both sides of the fence. But, according to ESPN, here it is in a nutshell: "The standards in criminal and civil cases differ from those of a private business. The judge dissolving the temporary restraining order and declining to issue a permanent one does not absolve Bauer of liability within the joint policy. Neither does a prosecutor passing on pressing charges."
                  More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                    I think he only signed a 3yr deal. That means he'll never pitch for the Dodgers. And my guess is most organizations won't touch him with a 10-foot pole in 2024.
                    He has already pitched for the Dodgers. But yes, he'll never pitch for them again.

As to 2024, a lot depends on his conduct the next few years. If he does the "mea culpa tour" I actually think there's a good chance he gets another shot in 2024. Of course, it will be a highly incentivized, short-term contract I'd assume. His days of blockbuster contract opportunities are over.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
                      He has already pitched for the Dodgers. But yes, he'll never pitch for them again.

As to 2024, a lot depends on his conduct the next few years. If he does the "mea culpa tour" I actually think there's a good chance he gets another shot in 2024. Of course, it will be a highly incentivized, short-term contract I'd assume. His days of blockbuster contract opportunities are over.
                      Hard to see him doing the mea culpa tour. He doesn’t seem to culpa at all.
                      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

So, say the arbitration process starts next week, and shortly thereafter, the arbitrator finds in his favor. Does he report to the Dodgers and demand his position again, or do they buy him out ?

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post

If some team thinks he can get batters out, he will have a job.
                          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

If some team thinks he can get batters out, he will have a job.
                            If they think he can pitch like 2020 Trevor Bauer, sure (though not at the money he was making then). If they think he can pitch to a league-average ERA+, don't be so sure.

Comment

Anyone stay up past the end of the Yankee games the last 2 nights to watch the end of the Dodgers-Phillies games? Talk about a couple of barn-burners.

Comment

Bauer Arbitration proceedings start in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X