Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New York Mets Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Now the Chavez hiring seems like an Eppler choice.

    Comment


      There was some talk about hiring Chavez for the front office (along with Carlos Beltran). Not sure why he was hired in hitting coach capacity instead of front office.
      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

      Comment


        Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
        There was some talk about hiring Chavez for the front office (along with Carlos Beltran). Not sure why he was hired in hitting coach capacity instead of front office.
        I will be watching both hitting coaches with average/under performing teams hitting this year with the new coaches. What I will miss is the experience. But the post - Billy Eppler is correct but what not to like. Eric had a 17% K (which is my sore point), great glove, 17 years experience, been around baseball since retiring. (1st coach I miss) But Buck, Cora, Chavez - all have experience and Eric was interviewed with Buck for the manager (strange but I like Buck being Buck). Like you, I expect Carlos as Bench Coach....Like the cherry on a sunday...... Considering where the Mets GM search and pick (don't like) things are looking up if I was a Mets fan. The guy from MIL made a mistake not to be interviewed.

        Comment


          Originally posted by bucky View Post

          I will be watching both hitting coaches with average/under performing teams hitting this year with the new coaches. What I will miss is the experience. But the post - Billy Eppler is correct but what not to like. Eric had a 17% K (which is my sore point), great glove, 17 years experience, been around baseball since retiring. (1st coach I miss) But Buck, Cora, Chavez - all have experience and Eric was interviewed with Buck for the manager (strange but I like Buck being Buck). Like you, I expect Carlos as Bench Coach....Like the cherry on a sunday...... Considering where the Mets GM search and pick (don't like) things are looking up if I was a Mets fan. The guy from MIL made a mistake not to be interviewed.
          Rumors are Cohen appears to be fixated with Quatraro from Tampa becoming the Mets bench coach and then taking over as manger when Buck's contract ends. Of course Quatraro is under contract with Rays as their bench coach so it will be difficult for Cohen to get that done without negotiating compensation with Tampa. But Cohen likes to get what he wants so we'll see.
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

          Comment


            Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

            Rumors are Cohen appears to be fixated with Quatraro from Tampa becoming the Mets bench coach and then taking over as manger when Buck's contract ends. Of course Quatraro is under contract with Rays as their bench coach so it will be difficult for Cohen to get that done without negotiating compensation with Tampa. But Cohen likes to get what he wants so we'll see.
            NICE. This is the answer I missed. Couldn't understand why they did not get the bench coach first. I always thought Beltran - they want Quatraro. I know teams block coaches but TB is a dead end for him and been there for 3 years. (I don't know his contract) Cash got consecutive AL managers (he is good). I wouldn't be surprise to see Quatraro in the Mets dugout. I do like Beltran but you are right because the bench coach is probably the next manager....

            thanks

            (I thought Beltran, Quatraro wasn't available,,,, reported Glenn Sherlock as Bench Coach. Buck knows him but I don't if he was the target (took too long). I think it's important to have a good relationship between the 2)
            Last edited by bucky; 01-15-22, 09:29 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by bucky View Post

              NICE. This is the answer I missed. Couldn't understand why they did not get the bench coach first. I always thought Beltran - they want Quatraro. I know teams block coaches but TB is a dead end for him and been there for 3 years. (I don't know his contract) Cash got consecutive AL managers (he is good). I wouldn't be surprise to see Quatraro in the Mets dugout. I do like Beltran but you are right because the bench coach is probably the next manager....

              thanks

              (I thought Beltran, Quatraro wasn't available,,,, reported Glenn Sherlock as Bench Coach. Buck knows him but I don't if he was the target (took too long). I think it's important to have a good relationship between the 2)
              Glenn Sherlock it is. I believe it’s Bucks choice since he hired him in AZ as well.

              Comment


                Mets sign Ottavino. They’ll be sorry!
                Let the kids play.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Bub View Post
                  Mets sign Ottavino. They’ll be sorry!
                  He will complete the trifecta of breaking the hearts of 3 fanbases and the entire NYC area in less than 3 years. He may be from Staten Island but he is just not a big market pitcher.
                  http://vimel.ru/e6748

                  Comment


                    So anyone know which Mets won't be allowed to play at Citified under the current Covid restrictions?

                    Comment


                      DeGrom shut down for 3 weeks with "shoulder" issues. R'oh.
                      Baseball is life;
                      the rest is just details.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                        DeGrom shut down for 3 weeks with "shoulder" issues. R'oh.
                        The way their statement reads, late May seems like the best case scenario. Ouch.

                        Comment


                          Trading for hosmer and paddock would be a horrible trade.
                          [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

                          Comment


                            That proposed Padres trade for Hosmer and Paddack looks awful as it doesn't really improve the Mets and only raises their luxury tax threshold. Both, Hosmer and Paddack have been bad over the last couple of years.
                            NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                              DeGrom shut down for 3 weeks with "shoulder" issues. R'oh.
                              And now Scherzer with hamstring tightness and might not be ready come opening day.
                              Originally posted by DEADSOX
                              We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
                              **This Space For Rent**

                              Comment


                                Supposedly they'll flip Hosmer
                                You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X