2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

All good if it means it could stop Cashman from throwing another $30M to a 7th inning guy.
    Oh for sure. I love the Betances role. Super valuable. 80-100 IP of high leverage innings. They are trying it with Lasagna. That type of guy is worth ~20m.

The guy who only comes in up 3 runs and can only pitch 1 IP. Not so much.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

Sounds like Dellin.
      I think that is a good comp if his control does not improve any further. If it does improve, then maybe he can stick as a starter.
      [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

This interests me because it seems that in MLB more and more pitchers seem to be throwing high heat and blowing it by the hitters - isn't the focus on learning how to throw high FBs @ the top of the zone? I think it's causing lots of swings and misses, especially if the pitcher can command it and hit the inside/outside corners of the top of the zone.

High FBs complimented by tumbling breaking balls and changeups seems to be The Master Plan. Your thoughts?

I hope Medina and/or Gil can make it to Scranton or Somerset this season.
        I can tell you I've seen him dominate but i've also seen him get hit up in the zone. Yes, climbing the ladder with heat works but I take a down plane heater over a constant high velo FB up in the zone. What works, works and 101 is elite and well see how it goes at higher levels.

Comment

Gil: 6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
          He can help the big club later this year coming out of the pen.

Comment

Peraza 5-6, 3 Double, R, 3 RBI, SO, SB

Comment

Anybody have a read on the health/status of:

Everson Pereira
              Yoendrys Gomez
              TJ Sikkema
              Anthony Siegler

I hate the fact that the Yanks are so darn opaque on this injury stuff.

Comment

Volpe 1-5, Double, R, RBI, 2 SO (.250/.374/.443, .817 OPS)
                Wells 3-5, 2 RBI (.262/.376/.405, .781 OPS)
                Hauver 1-4, Double, R, RBI, BB, 2 SO (.316/.480/.645, 1.125 OPS)

Would like to see more power from Wells.

Comment

Why isn't Jasson Dominguez playing in games yet? I think it's very suspicious that he isn't. I know a few weeks ago it was reported he was in extended spring training, but I sure haven't heard any news since.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                    Why isn't Jasson Dominguez playing in games yet? I think it's very suspicious that he isn't. I know a few weeks ago it was reported he was in extended spring training, but I sure haven't heard any news since.
                    Many of their best, young prospects (think age 20 and under) are parked in extended spring training, playing games against other team's XST players. These kids mostly haven't played competitive baseball in almost 2 years due to COVID, and they're not ready for a full season league. The Yankees appear to have prioritized their collegiate draftees for spots on the full season teams, at least to start. I'd expect big changes to the respective rosters around draft time.

Comment

Waldichuk: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K

Comment

Originally posted by roysuniverse View Post
                        Waldichuk: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
                        Needs to be moved up.

Comment

How ex-Yankee prospects are doing.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/05/h...ot-in-aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by CTyanks View Post

Many of their best, young prospects (think age 20 and under) are parked in extended spring training, playing games against other team's XST players. These kids mostly haven't played competitive baseball in almost 2 years due to COVID, and they're not ready for a full season league. The Yankees appear to have prioritized their collegiate draftees for spots on the full season teams, at least to start. I'd expect big changes to the respective rosters around draft time.
                            Thanks, this makes sense. I guess all the hype shines a light very brightly on The Process.

Comment

Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
                              Thanks for posting this. Of all the guys listed I think the Yanks should re-acquire Dustin Fowler and Thairo Estrada. I think they can both have contributing roles @ the ML level.

Comment

Went to the SWB game today, rained out. I guess Nestor Cortes is being called up and the rumor is hard hitting Chris Gittens may be next.

Comment

Working...
                                X