Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirinos and Goody released ..

Comment

Medina - 8 strike outs, no runs, five innings.

Comment

Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
        And only one walk. Very encouraging outing after a rough start at AA.

Comment

You know what's funny, the way this stuff works.....

1) Medina had a nice bounce-back outing and appears to be acclimating to AA hitters;

or

2) Medina is inconsistent and destined for the bullpen.

Guess it depends on who is crafting the narrative.

Comment

90 pitches to get 15 outs is a little high IMO. 67% (60/90) for strikes is good though.

He's walked 13 guys in 19 innings @ Somerset.
            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
              Chirinos and Goody released ..
              Do not get Goody being released unless he had an opt out.

Comment

Do not get Goody being released unless he had an opt out.
                Probably wanted the spot for someone else. Nick wasn't pitching so well.

Comment

Originally posted by CTyanks View Post

1) Medina had a nice bounce-back outing and appears to be acclimating to AA hitters;

or

Considered how much money they have thrown to Chapman, Britton, Ottavino, etc., it seems the Yankees can't lose no matter which narrative you go for.

Comment

Dominguez now has a BA. 1-3 so far today with a BB and his first SB

Comment

Otto and Sauer get recognized.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/07/2...-pipeline.html

Comment

Originally posted by CTyanks View Post

or

Why the need to create a false dichotomy? Both of these are looking true at this point in time. Medina is adapting well to AA, but at the same time, his control history likely funnels him towards the bullpen. It's 2021, multi-inning relievers are extremely valuable these days. No need to create a divisive narrative.
                        Don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post
                          Dominguez now has a BA. 1-3 so far today with a BB and his first SB
                          Where are you finding these results? Nothing comes up when I check on MILB app or website

Comment

Originally posted by LecheCaberera2826 View Post

Where are you finding these results? Nothing comes up when I check on MILB app or website

https://www.milb.com/gulf-coast/stats/fcl-yankees
                            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stache Fan View Post
                              It's 2021, multi-inning relievers are extremely valuable these days.
                              With the average ML starter averaging less than 6IP per start for the past few seasons coupled with the assumption that many starters don't have an above-average 3rd pitch (resulting in not having much success going through the lineup a third time), IMO this is the immediate future of ML pitching staffs - guys that can get 6-9 outs every couple of games.

Do you think most pitchers can throw 50 pitches every 3rd day?

IMO the Yanks are turning out lots of these kinds of pitchers (i.e. Cessa, Green, Loaisiga, Garcia & King). They aren't good enough to be expected to get more than 6-9 outs before losing effectiveness.

Guys like Medina, Gil, Schmidt, Sauer, Abreu - IMO they are the guys that will become more and more valuable as organizations will have less and less starters they can count on to provide length. Hardly any team can retain an effective 5-man starting rotation consistently. IMO the owners and the players' union need to come to an agreement re: roster size. I think the magic number should be 27 - 14 pitchers and 13 hitters, max.

The 14-pitcher roster is deceiving anyway, since in actuality about half of them are unavailable for each game, sometimes even more.
                              "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by LecheCaberera2826 View Post

I search for fcl yankees gameday. For some reason the milb website doesn't have links to the Florida Complex League.

Here is today's game https://www.milb.com/gameday/fcl-phi...b=,game=657401

Edit: I take that back. It looks like they added the rookie league links in milb.

Comment

Working...
                                X