No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week's Baseball America hot list includes Glenn Otto again. No other Yankee did

Comment

From today's chat in Baseball America
      • Which prospect do you believe is overdue for a promotion based on performance this season? Volpe and Tovar come to mind for me.

Ben Badler: Volpe would be a big one, but the Yankees do have Josh Smith and Ezequiel Duran ahead of him at Hudson Valley, so I get it. We'll probably see a group of promotions up the chain at some point soon, but I don't see any rush with that group.
      • Which rising Yankee infield prospect do you think has the higher ceiling/floor: Oswald Peraza or Anthony Volpe?

Ben Badler: Peraza. True shortstop, I like the barrel control, and he's proving there's more power in there than what we had seen shown up in games coming into the year.

Comment

I think Yanks should have Peraza on a timeline to be opening day SS in 2023.
        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

With the average ML starter averaging less than 6IP per start for the past few seasons coupled with the assumption that many starters don't have an above-average 3rd pitch (resulting in not having much success going through the lineup a third time), IMO this is the immediate future of ML pitching staffs - guys that can get 6-9 outs every couple of games.

Do you think most pitchers can throw 50 pitches every 3rd day?

IMO the Yanks are turning out lots of these kinds of pitchers (i.e. Cessa, Green, Loaisiga, Garcia & King). They aren't good enough to be expected to get more than 6-9 outs before losing effectiveness.

Guys like Medina, Gil, Schmidt, Sauer, Abreu - IMO they are the guys that will become more and more valuable as organizations will have less and less starters they can count on to provide length. Hardly any team can retain an effective 5-man starting rotation consistently. IMO the owners and the players' union need to come to an agreement re: roster size. I think the magic number should be 27 - 14 pitchers and 13 hitters, max.

The 14-pitcher roster is deceiving anyway, since in actuality about half of them are unavailable for each game, sometimes even more.
          Although I agree with this, we really need one of our kids to become at least a #2 starting pitcher.

Comment

Peraza so far at AA:
            .284/.348/.457, 8 BB, 29 K in 102 AB

Would like to see him cutting down the K but overrall he looks very promising when you consider his age against the level of competition.

Comment

Some info on the automated ball-strike system being used in Tampa

https://www.pinstripedprospects.com/...know-it-60351/
              Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Comment

This is an exciting time for our minor league system…a lot of our kids are producing. If I was running the Yankees, I would look to sell at the deadline. I hope we don’t gut the farm only to then come up short.

Comment

Watching Swb RR Park must be trade bait scouts all over him, Ambergey on base steak continues and it’s so Sad Holder can’t hit because he so smooth at SS it’s such a pleasure to watch him. Ridings in the high 90s needs to refine secondary .

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
                    Watching Swb RR Park must be trade bait scouts all over him, Ambergey on base steak continues and it’s so Sad Holder can’t hit because he so smooth at SS it’s such a pleasure to watch him. Ridings in the high 90s needs to refine secondary .
                    They’ll trade Park for a lame RP and we’ll all be sad.

Ya gotta love the YES program - Homegrown: The Path to anyone but the Pinstripes.
                    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Breaux:

3-3, 3 HRs (game suspended in 6th)

Comment

Glenn Otto had a 2.5 xFIP and 14 K per 9, coming into todays game.

And threw 6 shutty with 8 K's and 0 BB's.

Twill' be interesting if he makes it through the trade deadline.

Comment

Anyone knows how's Wells catching? His bat is definitely heating up, hitting .278/.414/.492.

Comment

Gil unimpressive so far 70 pitches to get through 3. Mostly 92-93 up in the zone topped at 96. Does look bigger then 6-2 now. Maybe just an off day.

Comment

Keller is a human rain delay. Talk about putting your fielders to sleep. Someone needs to address it. I guess just filler.

Comment

Romano looked good again. Md 90s uptempo

Comment

Working...
                                X