Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vanderlay View Post

He did it (awkward slide) again today.
    Wow. He looks comfortable at the plate but on the base paths it seems the game speeds up on him. His decisions lag behind the speed in which plays develop. Will probably iron out with playing time if he doesn't wreck himself before then.

Comment

Josh Norris @jnorris427 20m
      Down in Tampa, Jasson Dominguez has two balls with 110+ mph exit velocity: A foul (110.2) and a single (111.1).
      Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
        Josh Norris @jnorris427 20m
        Down in Tampa, Jasson Dominguez has two balls with 110+ mph exit velocity: A foul (110.2) and a single (111.1).
        He's too good for that league.

Comment

Went to the game today. Following up on what Art, says, here's some photographic evidence. This is while trying to stretch a single to a double.

- Rick
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler884 View Post
            Went to the game today. Following up on what Art, says, here's some photographic evidence. This is while trying to stretch a single to a double.

- Rick
            Thanks for the pics. Looks to me he intended on going in standing up then got surprised there was a play on him. Maybe same with the triple.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post

Thanks for the pics. Looks to me he intended on going in standing up then got surprised there was a play on him. Maybe same with the triple.
              You're welcome. That could very well be. He did appear to look caught in the middle of deciding what he was going to do as he approached. I think the ball getting into second as quickly as it did took him by surprise.

- Rick

Comment

I've noticed that all (most?) schedules for the minors now have a 6 game/week schedule with the same team with Monday as an off day. I think this is the first year for this and if so, I'm sure it's Covid related.

What do you think about this? There's a built in off day after the 6 games (Monday) to make up a rain out. Less travel. Less expense. Better for the players, I'd think.

Any thoughts on whether this should just continue?
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                  I've noticed that all (most?) schedules for the minors now have a 6 game/week schedule with the same team with Monday as an off day. I think this is the first year for this and if so, I'm sure it's Covid related.

What do you think about this? There's a built in off day after the 6 games (Monday) to make up a rain out. Less travel. Less expense. Better for the players, I'd think.

Any thoughts on whether this should just continue?
                  This will likely stand. They’re consolidating teams, leagues etc in an effort to reduce costs. Limiting in-week travel accomplishes that goal too.

FWIW, I’m buying the September MiLB.TV month package, because the lone team that broadcasts games in the Low A Southeast league (whatever FSL used to be) is Bradenton (and its their home games only).

The Tampa Tarpons are in Bradenton for a 6 game set starting 8/31. I figure I’ll plop $12.99 down to watch Jasson Dominguez for five games. Or, however many he’s scheduled to play.
                  “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Is the mL season over at the end of August, even with the delayed start? I'm curious since we'll have a few guys needing rehab assignments
                    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                      Is the mL season over at the end of August, even with the delayed start? I'm curious since we'll have a few guys needing rehab assignments
                      Playoffs are stretched out to the end of September/early October, per this article.
                      https://www.milb.com/news/playoffs-r...eague-baseball

- Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler884 View Post

Playoffs are stretched out to the end of September/early October, per this article.
                        https://www.milb.com/news/playoffs-r...eague-baseball

- Rick
                        Thanks!
                        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Madison Santos hit for the cycle in today's drubbing of the FCL Tigers by the FCL Yankees. Stanley Rosario had 2 HR as well, and 12 total bases. And that was in a 7 inning game. Lots of good numbers in the first 15 games on that FCL team. Several guys that are a level too low because of the stupid mL contraction.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/fcl-yan...ox,game=657457

Comment

Anyone know why the Yankees are calling up Wojciechowski to spot start instead of Gil who is scheduled to start tonight or pulling Deivi from his AAA start last night? Wojciechowski requires us to burn a 40 man spot while Gil and Garcia are already on that roster. I don't understand this at all.
                            http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                              Anyone know why the Yankees are calling up Wojciechowski to spot start instead of Gil who is scheduled to start tonight or pulling Deivi from his AAA start last night? Wojciechowski requires us to burn a 40 man spot while Gil and Garcia are already on that roster. I don't understand this at all.
                              Was surprised by them naming Wojciechowski too. Sounds like a desperate move. Yankees had a 40 man opening, so nothing got burnt.

Garcia has a .333/.441/.635 slash line against over his 7 outings prior to last night.

Gil's 2.3 HR/9 and 6.7 BB/9 rates in SWB probably have something to do with it.

Not that Wojciechowski has been any better.

Comment

Combined no-no for Scranton, Gil leading the way

Comment

Working...
                                X