No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like Periera has survived this trading deadline. If he continues to rake, I expect the Yankees to protect him on the 40 man roster as I think they have some room right now to do so.
    NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Watching Volpe tonight and glad he wasn’t moved. A couple frozen ropes and a SB but most of all Energy.

Comment

Jasson striking out too much and not hitting flyballs. He's not off to the murderous blazing start I had hoped for.

Scouting Report:

ARM/FIELD: I haven’t had enough of an opportunity to see Dominguez’s arm or his accuracy (he’s been DH a lot with the amount of OF the Tarpons have), but it’s par for the course from what I’ve seen so far. Not all-star quality like I’ve seen rumblings of, but not awful either. No outfielder has really impressed me with their arm on any team in this level yet. I’ve seen Dominguez rush to get a ball in to home plate from the outfield to prevent a potential run from scoring, but it one-bounced by the mound, died in the grass and didn’t get there in time, allowing the run to score. I would imagine that’s something that can be worked on over the next few weeks and months.

HIT/POWER: As I was alluding to earlier, and as most Yankees fans are aware, if there’s one thing Jasson can do, it’s hit for power. His sole home run came on July 16th, where he hit one into the right field bar seating area, about two rows back. Not the quickest I’ve seen a ball go out, but it went out either way.
        https://www.pinstripedprospects.com/...n-tampa-60950/
        Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Tyrone Yulie a RHP 6-4 lesser IFA signing opening eyes in Tampa topping 100 and pitching well....Also hear Frazier Perez is looking good !!

Comment

Sweeney homered

Comment

Kelenic graduated and Volpe was the new addition to the Pipeline top-100.

Peraza hit his 11th HR.

Nice day for the Yankees SS tandem.
              Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Schmidt with his second rehab start, 3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, was up to 96 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
                  Schmidt with his second rehab start, 3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, was up to 96 MPH.
                  One of these days I'll learn not to get my hopes too high on starting pitching prospects. I like Schmidt, Gil, Medina and Garcia. Really need one of those to hit, two would be incredible.

Comment

Peraza hit his 16HR this season. Would be interesting to see either he or Volpe would be the one moves to 2B if the Yankees keep both (hopefully).

Comment

Chad Bell is putting together a nice little season in HV . A lefty hitting 3B needs to be moved up though.

Comment

Volpe another HR. His 17th on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
                          Volpe another HR. His 17th on the season.
                          Volpe's scouting report needs an update...

Comment

20210802_100714.jpg

Comment

I don't pay Keith Law much attention about Yankee prospects, but if I was Brian Cashman, I would be questioning my pitching coaches about Garcia. Law watched Peraza played one time and didn't like him even though he had two hits. The following is his critique:

Shortstop Oswald Peraza has been one of several Yankees prospects to have breakout seasons this year, with a .297/.365/.502 line between High A and Double A so far. He was the DH for the Patriots on Friday, so I didn’t get to see him at short, while at the plate, he had one hard-hit double and a line-drive single, yet he swung and missed at several fastballs and changeups in or just outside the zone — even though he faced lefties most of the night. He has strong hands and I buy the power, but that average/OBP doesn’t line up well with the approach I saw.
                              NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post
                                Unfortunately, the prisoners run the asylum.
                                Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X