Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by kan_t View Post
    Dominguez is really struggling. Good thing is that time is on his side and the development of Volpe and Peraza really makes me forget about his struggle.
    He's roughly 18, playing against guys 2-3 years older. He will be fine.

    Comment


      Originally posted by kan_t View Post
      Dominguez is really struggling. Good thing is that time is on his side and the development of Volpe and Peraza really makes me forget about his struggle.
      He's striking out 33.7% and hitting 48.3% GBs. REALLY bad combo. They need to fix his swing. He should workout with Volpe in offseason.

      Jasson Dominguez didn’t look great at Futures Game (he has swing path issues and close to average raw power with zero physical projection) but he’s still a teenage switch-hitter with good power for his age and a chance to stay up the middle.
      https://www.fangraphs.com/players/ja...ts?position=OF
      Calmer than you are

      7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

      Comment


        I wouldn’t worry about Jasson. If they felt internally that he wasn’t where they wanted him they would have kept him in the FCL. They only promoted him because they felt internally that he was ready.

        Personally not gonna let a sss worry me. Next year he’ll have a full season at Age 19 and we should get a better sense of where he’s going.

        it sucks that he’s not Juan Soto but very few are.

        Comment


          How impressed have you been with Anthony Volpe? And is the star potential real?

          Kyle Glaser Baseball America: Volpe has been very impressive. Really competitive at-bats, hitting the ball harder, runs the bases well, solid defensively. There really isn't anything to knock. Just a really good all-around player. Most observers see a really good, above-average regular rather than a star, but with his work ethic and feel for the game, I wouldn't put it past him to take another jump and get to that level.

          Comment


            Pereira made Baseball America's 20 Hottest Prospects From The Past Week.

            Comment


              Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
              How impressed have you been with Anthony Volpe? And is the star potential real?

              Kyle Glaser Baseball America: Volpe has been very impressive. Really competitive at-bats, hitting the ball harder, runs the bases well, solid defensively. There really isn't anything to knock. Just a really good all-around player. Most observers see a really good, above-average regular rather than a star, but with his work ethic and feel for the game, I wouldn't put it past him to take another jump and get to that level.
              Who has the higher ceiling @ SS, Peraza or Volpe?

              I'm excited and hope one of them steps up in 2023.
              "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

              Comment


                Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

                Who has the higher ceiling @ SS, Peraza or Volpe?

                I'm excited and hope one of them steps up in 2023.
                My guess would be Volpe. Guy has 19 HR, 27 SB and slashing .304/.436/.614 in 81 games at 20 years old. He could be a 40-40 guy if he hits his ceiling.

                Comment


                  Major shift on Wells. Going to have to adjust

                  Comment


                    Peraza 4-6, HR and 2 double

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by kan_t View Post
                      Peraza 4-6, HR and 2 double
                      I can't believe Tyler Wade is still with this club.
                      Calmer than you are

                      7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                      Comment


                        Does anyone have the beat on Juan Carela? 19 at Tampa and I feel like he just popped out of nowhere but seems pretty notable. See he got six figure bonus but don’t see much else.
                        Last edited by LecheCaberera2826; 08-18-21, 09:51 AM.

                        Comment


                          I hope Peraza is ready for Scranton in 2022. Seems like he's earned a promotion. Volpe in Somerset in 2022.
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                            I hope Peraza is ready for Scranton in 2022. Seems like he's earned a promotion. Volpe in Somerset in 2022.
                            Based on performance you could say that he's ready for AAA now.

                            He's promoted to AA after 28 games at High A (never played at that level before).

                            Now he has played 53 games at AA, hitting .294/.345/.484 along with 11 SB (2 CS).

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

                              I can't believe Tyler Wade is still with this club.
                              Wade is one of the hottest hitters on the club right now. lol

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
                                Major shift on Wells. Going to have to adjust
                                I remember when they drafted him, someone said his comp was Russell Martin. I think so fat that's pretty accurate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X