Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post

    I remember when they drafted him, someone said his comp was Russell Martin. I think so fat that's pretty accurate.
    I’d sign for that

    Comment


      Originally posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post

      Wade is one of the hottest hitters on the club right now. lol
      On a team that doesn't believe in hot hands.

      .464 / .531 / .571 in 28 August ABs. Very impressive.

      I think CP was also including his other 380 career ABs, his unreliable defense and his unreliable baserunning when remarking on how insistent this club remains on keeping Wade on the roster.

      Comment


        Whoooaaaaa.

        Pipeline midseason top-100 update is out. Jasson is ranked 17th...and is no longer the highest ranked Yankee prospect.

        Anthony Volpe is now Pipeline's 15th overall MLB prospect.

        Peraza the only other Yankee on the new list, checking in at 64th.

        https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/
        Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

        Comment


          Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
          Whoooaaaaa.

          Pipeline midseason top-100 update is out. Jasson is ranked 17th...and is no longer the highest ranked Yankee prospect.

          Anthony Volpe is now Pipeline's 15th overall MLB prospect.

          Peraza the only other Yankee on the new list, checking in at 64th.

          https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/
          My enthusiasm for Volpe and Peraza continues to mount.....I wonder if Gleyber is concerned?

          Jasson needs to play 100 games a season for at least two seasons for us to see what he really can be, IMO
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

          Comment


            What's the skinny on Roberto Chirinos? He's 20 years old and has had 3 promotions this season alone. Started off in EST then GCL Rookie, Tampa and now HV. HIs overall slash for 2021 is
            .264 .339 .801.
            He's mostly playing SS with some 2B.
            http://vimel.ru/e6748

            Comment


              Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
              What's the skinny on Roberto Chirinos? He's 20 years old and has had 3 promotions this season alone. Started off in EST then GCL Rookie, Tampa and now HV. HIs overall slash for 2021 is
              .264 .339 .801.
              He's mostly playing SS with some 2B.
              Not sure if he was moved up to fill openings after the trades the end of July. His numbers in Rookie League and Tampa do not jump off the page at all.

              Comment


                At the Renegades game and I haven’t seen Pereria?

                update … he’s at game but not in uniform ??

                Comment


                  Peraza 2-2, 2 BB
                  Volpe 3-4, HR, 3B, BB
                  Dominguez 2-5

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by kan_t View Post
                    Peraza 2-2, 2 BB
                    Volpe 3-4, HR, 3B, BB
                    Dominguez 2-5
                    Volpe joins the 20-20 club with that home run.

                    Comment


                      Educate me on Sean Boyle. Big league success down the road?

                      Comment


                        Holy Christ, Volpe's HR was a walkoff 2 run shot down one in the bottom of the 9th. Respectable batflip on top of everything. This kid is having an unbelievably special season. Video:

                        https://mobile.twitter.com/HVRenegad...45388382916612
                        Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

                        Comment


                          It's time to remove Holder (again). Move up Peraza and Volpe.
                          Calmer than you are

                          7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                          Comment


                            I'm not even going to say it because it's ridiculous, but the Volpe open side sure gives me...certain...vibes.

                            Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
                              I'm not even going to say it because it's ridiculous, but the Volpe open side sure gives me...certain...vibes.

                              A-Rod?

                              His bat actually hits the ground on the back swing there. I don't recall seeing that, at least not often, on HR swings. Dat launch angle.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by False1 View Post

                                A-Rod?

                                His bat actually hits the ground on the back swing there. I don't recall seeing that, at least not often, on HR swings. Dat launch angle.
                                It's more the setup/stance and load, because the follow through is not a part of the vibes I was getting.
                                Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X