X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Freicer Perez needs a spot ...I protect him for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
      So upset to see Kyle McDonald released...Super great Guy...Hope he resurfaces as a coach if he doesn't get another shot...
      Steven Sensley also released.
      In my opinion, Sensley never took the next steps in his development. He had that solid first season in 2017, and followed that up with a really good 2018. Something went south in 2019, and this season has not gone well.

If there were more Minor league teams available in the Yankees universe, perhaps his leash would be longer, but with roster spots at a premium, teams may be more inclined to cut bait with players more quickly then in the past.

Comment

Apparently the minor leagues will have the same type of schedule next season. All 6 game series from Tuesday thru Sunday. Plus no minor league games during the major league's 4 day AS break. Yankees Somerset team has just released their 2022 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by mbn007 View Post

In my opinion, Sensley never took the next steps in his development. He had that solid first season in 2017, and followed that up with a really good 2018. Something went south in 2019, and this season has not gone well.

If there were more Minor league teams available in the Yankees universe, perhaps his leash would be longer, but with roster spots at a premium, teams may be more inclined to cut bait with players more quickly then in the past.
          Yep , I agree no room at the INN anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post

Yep , I agree no room at the INN anymore...
            And that's a shame. Some kids are "late bloomers" and may not get as much "rope" as in the past, due to the lack of space.

Comment

Medina: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 12 K
              Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
                Medina: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 12 K
                He still has his control issues this year, but it is improved over last year. Not where it needs to be though. A a result, he ends up throwing too many pitches per inning, and rarely completes 6 innings.

Comment

He still has his control issues this year, but it is improved over last year. Not where it needs to be though. A a result, he ends up throwing too many pitches per inning, and rarely completes 6 innings.

his WHIP has dropped every year despite moving up in levels. It’s easy to forget how young he is because he’s on the 40-man taking up a spot, but he’s actually younger than Yankees 2021 second rounder Brendan Beck.

Comment

I still think he becomes Dellin for us ( which would be awesome ) but at this point, you have to keep working with him on those issues. They have got a lot better though. It wouldnt be a surprise if by this time next year, his BB/9 is in the mid-high 3's.

Randy Vasquez starting in somerset, today. Huge development from him this season

Comment

Volpe just led off the game with a monster HR. Video:

https://twitter.com/jnorris427/statu...41180652437504

Traditional angle:

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/stat...43639697379339
                      Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

I think he and Gil are both similar in this respect. I sure hope at least one of them figures it out by 2023. I still have hopes for Schmidt and Sauer to really make a splash in Scranton in 2022.

That's 4 guys that hopefully have the chance to win a job with the big club in 2023. Or maybe late 2022 at best.
                        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Why did Gil pitch 4 2/3 innings in relief yesterday instead of just starting the game?
                          http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                            Why did Gil pitch 4 2/3 innings in relief yesterday instead of just starting the game?
                            They are getting him ready to come out of the bullpen in the majors. They want him to be familiar with coming into the game and pitching long relief for the stretch run and maybe even a playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post

They are getting him ready to come out of the bullpen in the majors. They want him to be familiar with coming into the game and pitching long relief for the stretch run and maybe even a playoff game.
                              Well that is hardly the most interesting thing to come out of this game.

https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/08/29/yankees-massive-brawl-railriders-ironpigs-video/?fbclid=IwAR02GiU34sA56aTX-LBRcxfn7Bagl2rs9QdzcwL2eqJX5SFGfePgUWCbLjc

Massive brawl breaks out between RailRiders and Phillies affiliate
                              http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Hardly a brawl, I don't think anyone even connected on a punch.

Comment

Working...
                                X