No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maciejeweki throws another good one. 7 so 2 bb but should be 8 so 1 bb. Ump blew call on throw to second. Topped out at 94

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
      Sanford with a moon shot!!
      Nice call!

Comment

Originally posted by roysuniverse View Post

Nice call!
        Just got lucky he hit one tonight..LOL...He does have a nice uppercut lefty swing , his stance is a bit different but his swing reminds me of Birds.

Comment

Wells has me worried...He isn't the best receiver but isn't as bad as advertised. His arm is passable IMO but to stay at C he can make up with his handling of a staff and his bat.
          He has power but needs to go to all fields. They have him down for a Severe shift every time up. He hits ropes but right at a glove. I would think at this point Sands is our best catching prospect, Breaux second.

Comment

Wesneski, Waldichuk and Maciejewski, a Warsaw based Law firm or 3 of the best Arms in the Yankees system?

Comment

Pereira goes yard!!

Comment

Pereira goes yard!!
                How is he not a top 100 prospect?

Comment

Sauer pitched pretty good tonight . Left a couple BBs high in the zone but settled down. Topped out at 97 but was mid 90s most of his innings.
                  Pereira wins the game in the 12th. Walk off single.
                  Last edited by Yankyfan; 09-19-21, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roysuniverse View Post

How is he not a top 100 prospect?
                    More importantly, how did he not start the year in A

Comment

I like Pereira a lot, but he needs to show he can hit AA pitching. If I recall, floral was really good in single A at a young age but hit a wall when he got to AA and AAA.

I am hoping Pereira tears up AA next year and can be in play for a major league call up in 2023.
                      [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

Do we move on from Florial and give his 40 man spot to Lockridge? Florial keeps dropping and dropping
                        [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Comment

Sauer pitched pretty good tonight . Left a couple BBs high in the zone but settled down. Topped out at 97 but was mid 90s most of his innings.

Thanks for this update on Sauer. I really hope he can take a big development step next year in Somerset and Scranton.
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by ppa79 View Post
                            Do we move on from Florial and give his 40 man spot to Lockridge? Florial keeps dropping and dropping
                            IMO Florial should get a chance to be the 4th or 5th OFer for the Yanks in 2022. I think I'd do that before I'd take him off the 40-man.
                            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by ppa79 View Post
                              Interesting thought...We seem to hold onto guys well past peak value.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

IMO Florial should get a chance to be the 4th or 5th OFer for the Yanks in 2022. I think I'd do that before I'd take him off the 40-man.
                                They need to make a decision next year. Who has higher upside? Lockridge is 40 man eligible and having a really good year in AA.

If Florial can't hit AAA pitching, how is he gonna hit major league. I think the Yankees need to stop hoping and start getting flawed players off their roster. They would rather have Tyler wade, Allen, etc play outfield than Florial.
                                [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X