No announcement yet.

2021 MiLB news and notes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy Vasquez came in at #5 on BA's Under the Radar Prospects for 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
      Randy Vasquez came in at #5 on BA's Under the Radar Prospects for 2021.
      Any chance you can post the synopsis of what they said?

Comment

They mention how Texas wanted him in the Gallo deal ,but fell apart after John Kings Meds were bad. They Talk about him moving from Low A to AA and doing well at each level. They say he Pounds the SZ with an array of quality pitches...A 4 seamer 92-96, a two seamer, Has Top spin rates on his breaking pitches and a CU in the mid 70's.They also say he can shape his CU from low 70's to low 80's and is very tough on lefties.

Comment

They mention how Texas wanted him in the Gallo deal ,but fell apart after John Kings Meds were bad. They Talk about him moving from Low A to AA and doing well at each level. They say he Pounds the SZ with an array of quality pitches...A 4 seamer 92-96, a two seamer, Has Top spin rates on his breaking pitches and a CU in the mid 70's.They also say he can shape his CU from low 70's to low 80's and is very tough on lefties.
          Thanks

Comment

Peraza hit in head by Syndergaard pick off. Looks like he’s staying in the game.

Comment

Tarpons season ended last night on an ugly 11-3 loss to the Bradenton Marauders, who captured the Southeastern League championship at Steinbrenner Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
                JP Sears is now 5-0 with a 3.05 ERA in his 8 starts since his promotion to SWB and is basically their best starting pitcher. Is a legit?
                OK took a bit but after watching Sears today for the 5th time this year here's what i've seen...5-11 or shorter with an athletic build...Pounds the SZ but pitches to both sides of the plate. His FB is a consistent 91-92 topping a few at 93. He hides his the ball well and locates that FB. He works pretty much off the FB adding in A slow curve and a CU. All the hard contact pretty much comes off his off speed stuff. Smart pitcher ...He works the ball up at times but never with men on.. He puts a lot of balls in the dirt so a good receiver for him is a must...He keeps guys off balance with his delivery with a always changing toe tap between 1-3. JP is a real good fielder as well...Works quick...
                With that said I don't know how 91-92. will work in the bigs but he misses a lot of bats at this level, so i think he could be a 4-5 or swing man.

Comment

OK took a bit but after watching Sears today for the 5th time this year here's what i've seen...5-11 or shorter with an athletic build...Pounds the SZ but pitches to both sides of the plate. His FB is a consistent 91-92 topping a few at 93. He hides his the ball well and locates that FB. He works pretty much off the FB adding in A slow curve and a CU. All the hard contact pretty much comes off his off speed stuff. Smart pitcher ...He works the ball up at times but never with men on.. He puts a lot of balls in the dirt so a good receiver for him is a must...He keeps guys off balance with his delivery with a always changing toe tap between 1-3. JP is a real good fielder as well...Works quick...
                  With that said I don't know how 91-92. will work in the bigs but he misses a lot of bats at this level, so i think he could be a 4-5 or swing man.
                  Sounds like another Nestor Cortes.
                  He's rule 5 eligible. Will the Yankees protect him, trade him, or expose him?
                  Last edited by Donnybaseball72; 09-26-21, 11:34 AM.
                  http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Cabrera just put one on Rail-house roof. A rocket
                    My bad I said Peraza sorry

Comment

Peraza just put one on Railhouse roof. A rocket
                      Pure speculation, but I'm thinking Peraza won't get a shot to win a roster spot until 2023 - but I respect your opinion so I'll ask you - does Peraza get that same chance in 2022?
                      "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

Sounds like another Nestor Cortes.
                        He's rule 5 eligible. Will the Yankees protect him, trade him, or expose him?
                        Good comp. I think HC has few more tricks but JP misses more bats then Nestor.
                        Last edited by Yankyfan; 09-26-21, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Pure speculation, but I'm thinking Peraza won't get a shot to win a roster spot until 2023 - but I respect your opinion so I'll ask you - does Peraza get that same chance in 2022?
                          They ran Peraza up quick and he has shown well at each level. If you asked me in May I would say other then Holder he has the best glove at Ss but Volpe looked goods as well . I also hear Vargas is special haven’t seen him yet.I guess Peraza will start again at AAA unless they do a re vamp. I guess with so much coming up the pipeline a trade could be possible. I wouldn’t do it .
                          Last edited by Yankyfan; 09-26-21, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Cabrera has really come on this season. I didn't see that power surge coming.
                            NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                              Cabrera has really come on this season. I didn't see that power surge coming.
                              Also a switch hitter and looked real good taking balls at 3rd. Yes a work out but throws were to the glove.

Comment

I would love to see Cabrera or Volpe at third or Second base and Peraza at SS .

Comment

Working...
                                X