• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankyfan
    replied
    Re: 2021 MiLB news and notes...

Originally posted by billyhoyle View Post
    Wander Franco and Marco Luciano, the past two top J2 signings before Jasson have set the bar very high. If he isnít a top 15 prospect in all of MLB after this year, it will be a disappointment. The best players are simply coming from IFA these days, and great things are rightfully expected this upcoming season.
    Then in 2022 or 2023 if there is draft the Yanks have ties to Cuban prospect Brandon Mayea.

Leave a comment:

• billyhoyle
    replied

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
    All the hype is fun but perhaps not fair to Dominguez. I'm purposely not joining the bandwagon until the kid has played a full season in professional baseball. maybe even two.
    Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Well get ready for next year. If they stay under the LT there is a good chance they sign Roderick Arias who has scouting reports off the charts. Some say Lindor like.
    Wander Franco and Marco Luciano, the past two top J2 signings before Jasson have set the bar very high. If he isnít a top 15 prospect in all of MLB after this year, it will be a disappointment. The best players are simply coming from IFA these days, and great things are rightfully expected this upcoming season.

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

All the hype is fun but perhaps not fair to Dominguez. I'm purposely not joining the bandwagon until the kid has played a full season in professional baseball. maybe even two.
    Well get ready for next year. If they stay under the LT there is a good chance they sign Roderick Arias who has scouting reports off the charts. Some say Lindor like.

Leave a comment:

• sjb23
    replied

Originally posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I find it hard to believe, with the hype, Jasson will be out of anyone's top 50, maybe even top 20 soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• BabyBombers
    replied

Originally posted by Jace View Post
    8 prospects in the top 133 is good - with 30 teams, the average is only ~4 prospects per team.

That said, the Yankees don't have any in the top 50, so while they have quantity, the relative quality is lower. Which probably puts them in the middle of the pack overall... which lines up with the 18th system ranking at BA and 14th with Law.
    I find it hard to believe, with the hype, Jasson will be out of anyone's top 50, maybe even top 20 soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Stache Fan
    replied

Thanks for the info.

What would you rather have - 5 top 100 guys or 2 top 50 guys?

My uneducated opinion is at this stage quantity may be more valuable than quality.
    It's not so much that the low rankings and FV value reflect lower quality, it's that they reflect higher uncertainty. We have a really strong IFA pipeline and that shows up in us getting 3 teenagers on this list who nonetheless have a 50 FV, which is really hard to do and implies that their ceilings are actually quite high. (Dominguez, Alcantara, Vargas) At 18-19, the risk profile is so extreme that putting a FV value on a guy is basically saying you think there's star potential.

Leave a comment:

• sjb23
    replied

Originally posted by Jace View Post
    8 prospects in the top 133 is good - with 30 teams, the average is only ~4 prospects per team.

That said, the Yankees don't have any in the top 50, so while they have quantity, the relative quality is lower. Which probably puts them in the middle of the pack overall... which lines up with the 18th system ranking at BA and 14th with Law.
    Thanks for the info.

What would you rather have - 5 top 100 guys or 2 top 50 guys?

My uneducated opinion is at this stage quantity may be more valuable than quality.

Leave a comment:

• Jace
    replied

How does that rate compared to the other 29 teams? Just curious

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

Yanks signed LHH IF Derek Dietrich And Past farm hand Nick Goody.

Leave a comment:

• sjb23
    replied

Originally posted by Stache Fan View Post
    Yanks placed 8 in Eric's Top 133 list for Fangraphs.

Dominguez - #51, 50 FV
    D. Garcia - #60, 50 FV
    O. Peraza - #67, 50 FV
    Schmidt - #75, 50 FV
    A. Vargas - #91, 50 FV
    Medina - #97, 50 FV
    Alcantara - #129, 50 FV
    Duran - #132, 50 FV

Recently-traded Miguel Yajure placed #116 at 50 FV.
    How does that rate compared to the other 29 teams? Just curious

Leave a comment:

• Stache Fan
    replied

Yanks placed 8 in Eric's Top 133 list for Fangraphs.

Dominguez - #51, 50 FV
    D. Garcia - #60, 50 FV
    O. Peraza - #67, 50 FV
    Schmidt - #75, 50 FV
    A. Vargas - #91, 50 FV
    Medina - #97, 50 FV
    Alcantara - #129, 50 FV
    Duran - #132, 50 FV

Recently-traded Miguel Yajure placed #116 at 50 FV.

Leave a comment:

• sjb23
    replied

The New Path:

Tampa>Hudson Valley>Somerset>Scranton. Bus rides most of the time after Low A ball.

Do you think they're real comfortable buses? Does that come from the Player Development Fund lol?
    Maybe they can hire Gardner to drive the bus?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

Originally posted by mbn007 View Post
    Yes. Tampa become low 'A'.
    That’s what I thought as I like having the more advanced prospects closer to each other at the 3 affiliates around New York metro area.

Leave a comment:

• YFIB
    replied

Originally posted by mbn007 View Post
    This has been very confusing for me as I try to reengage with the Yankees farm system and where players are projected to play.

Leave a comment:

• mbn007
    replied

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Is that the Yankees new high ĎAí ball affiliate?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X