• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees1962
    replied
    Re: 2021 MiLB news and notes...

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
    https://hudsonvalleypost.com/million...n-valley-home/

I said this was coming ...Just didn't think so soon...
    Is that the Yankees new high ĎAí ball affiliate?

Leave a comment:

• Yankees1962
    replied

LOL ,as did I. I did re up my subscription though.
    Same here, I didnít buy the prospect book for the first time in over 20 years, but did re up my BA subscription.

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

https://hudsonvalleypost.com/million...n-valley-home/

I said this was coming ...Just didn't think so soon...

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

Originally posted by NY_GOLDENARMS View Post
    Yeah, its the reason why Ive total ignored rankings and most scouting reports. I understand these publications have to make money and create the appearance of relevancy but I'm fine with using scouting reports from 2019 since no true activity has happened for the most part. I've purchased the BA prospect guide every year since the 90's and this was the first year I skipped it.
    LOL ,as did I. I did re up my subscription though.

Leave a comment:

• NY_GOLDENARMS
    replied

So right. I guess they have to put something out?

Yeah, its the reason why Ive total ignored rankings and most scouting reports. I understand these publications have to make money and create the appearance of relevancy but I'm fine with using scouting reports from 2019 since no true activity has happened for the most part. I've purchased the BA prospect guide every year since the 90's and this was the first year I skipped it.

Leave a comment:

• Snatch Catch
    replied

Interesting notes from Keith Law's NYY top prospects list:

https://theathletic.com/2376011/2021...kings-yankees/

5. Oswald Peraza, SS

Peraza signed in 2016 for just $175,000 but has surpassed the bigger-bonus guys the Yankees signed during their splurge in the international free-agent market in 2014. He’s a very athletic shortstop with plus speed and a solid approach so far despite being young for his levels. He’s growing into his frame and could get to average or slightly above-average power, which would certainly make him a top 100 prospect if he gets to show that in games at some point.
    7. Austin Wells, C

The Yankees’ first-round pick in 2020 was a bat-first college guy with the potential for a plus hit tool. He’s a pull-oriented guy, but there’s nothing in the swing that says he can’t use the whole field. He’s probably not a catcher in the long run; if scouts thought he had even a 20 percent chance to catch, I would have put him in the top 100.

9. Alexander Vizcaino, RHP

Vizcaino has been up to 99 mph with a plus-plus changeup, and the Yankees added him to the 40-man roster this winter. He’s a starter for now but could probably pitch in the big-league pen right now if need be. To remain a starter, he needs to find or develop a better breaking ball than his present slurvy slider.
    16. Ken Waldichuk, LHP

The Yankees’ fifth-round pick in 2019, Waldichuk went from 90-91 mph that year to touching 98 mph in workouts this past summer, and he already had a solid-average curveball and above-average control. His delivery had effort to it in college, but with the velocity spike he should at least go out as a starter and see if he can sustain that.
    Right-handers Hayden Wesneski and Daniel Bies (who clocks in at a giant 6-foot-9, 245 pounds) have hit 100 mph in shorter outings, with Wesneski doing so in short-season after he was the Yankees’ sixth-round pick in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Snatch Catch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    How do you rank them when they didn't play last year and don't have that to base it upon?
    So right. I guess they have to put something out?

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    How do you rank them when they didn't play last year and don't have that to base it upon?
    Fangraphs addressed that very thing and said it made assessing the Yankees one of the tougher ones because they used the alternate site more for major league ready guys and not for long term prospects. Essentially itís more arbitrary than years past.

Leave a comment:

• fredgmuggs
    replied

Originally posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    Keith Law has them 14th.

Leave a comment:

• Silas Barnaby
    replied

Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Baseball America ranks the Yanks farm system #18, down one from last year.
    Keith Law has them 14th.

Leave a comment:

• dpbddd99
    replied

Baseball America ranks the Yanks farm system #18, down one from last year.

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

Happy 18th JD

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied

Why is the turtle sliding into home from that direction?
    Photo was taken in Australia??

Leave a comment:

• JDPNYY
    replied

Why is the turtle sliding into home from that direction?
    Excellent question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X