• Show
Clear All

• Yankyfan
    replied
    Dunham is doing real good in the AFL...359 BA and only 2 SO in 50 AB's

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Is there a decent list of what prospects need to be added for Rule 5 protection:
    • must add or most likely gone?
    • borderline adds that might be lost?
    • good but clearly won't be protected and you just hope they make it through or come back later?

Leave a comment:

• TheHugeUnit2
    replied
    BA updated their top 10 list...
    1. Anthony Volpe, SS
    2. Oswald Peraza, SS
    3. Jasson Dominguez, OF
    4. Luis Gil, RHP
    5. Austin Wells, C
    6. Hayden Wesneski, RHP
    7. Trey Sweeney, SS
    8. Oswaldo Cabrera, 2B/3B
    9. Luis Medina, RHP
    10. Ken Waldichuk, LHP
    Good list, but I'd still have Schmidt in the top 10. Also what does Pereira have to do to get some love!

I'm not saying hes going to be great or should be on the top 10, but Lockridge is my boy. I really like his style of play and tool set. Again, im not saying hes going to be a star.
    I also think Vargas is going to be our breakout prospect next year.

Leave a comment:

• TheHugeUnit2
    replied
    BA updated their top 10 list...
    1. Anthony Volpe, SS
    2. Oswald Peraza, SS
    3. Jasson Dominguez, OF
    4. Luis Gil, RHP
    5. Austin Wells, C
    6. Hayden Wesneski, RHP
    7. Trey Sweeney, SS
    8. Oswaldo Cabrera, 2B/3B
    9. Luis Medina, RHP
    10. Ken Waldichuk, LHP
    Good list, but I'd still have Schmidt in the top 10. Also what does Pereira have to do to get some love!

I'm not saying hes going to be great or should be on the top 10, but Lockridge is my boy. I really like his style of play and tool set. Again, im not saying hes going to be a star.

Leave a comment:

• geodork
    replied
    Originally posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Article.on Wells. Seems unlikely he remains a catcher. https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/10/y...ll-league.html
    He likely won’t, but that scouting report is based off his college performance and not on anything he did in the offseason or during this MiLB season.

Leave a comment:

• mbn007
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    Pipeline:

Yankees No. 24 prospect Elijah Dunham smoked his first two AFL homers in a four-RBI effort for Surprise.
    And the first one was off old friend, Roansy Contreras, traded tp the Pirates in the Taijon deal, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• dpbddd99
    replied
    Article.on Wells. Seems unlikely he remains a catcher. https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/10/y...ll-league.html

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    Pipeline:

Yankees No. 24 prospect Elijah Dunham smoked his first two AFL homers in a four-RBI effort for Surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Snatch Catch
    replied
    Wells is the AFL hitter of the week.

MLB's Arizona Fall League @MLBazFallLeague 13m
    Presented by NFP, this weeks Hitter of the Week is New York Yankees prospect Austin Wells. Wells played in three games for the Saguaros, accumulating a slash line of .538/.600/1.154 with an OPS of 1.754 over the course of 13 at-bats.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    @JesseABorek

#Yankees No. 6 prospect Austin Wells is demolishing the ball in the early portion of the Fall League. With this blast, he moves to 8-for-16 with five extra-base hits. And yes, he's rocking Joey Gallo (A-Rod's?) No. 13

Leave a comment:

• Yankyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by kan_t View Post
    https://twitter.com/elijfishman/stat...OckuUMB7w&s=19

The Yankees Player Development staff named Antonio Gomez the organizations thrower of the year. He averaged a 1.88 pop time to second base this season, which would rank the best in the majors.
    That was his calling card when they signed him.

Leave a comment:

• kan_t
    replied
    https://twitter.com/elijfishman/stat...OckuUMB7w&s=19

The Yankees Player Development staff named Antonio Gomez the organizations thrower of the year. He averaged a 1.88 pop time to second base this season, which would rank the best in the majors.

Leave a comment:

• mbn007
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

Kardos:

AFL rosters are out! #Yankees representatives will be Austin Wells C, Elijah Dunham OF, Blaine Abeyta RHP, Clay Aguilar LHP; Andres Chaparro 3B/1B, Harold Cortijo RHP, Zach Greene RHP and Tanner Myatt RHP.
    Surprised that Wells is there. he played a full season, and caught quite a bit. Maybe they want him to get ABs. Some of the pitchers (Myatt and Cortijo specifically) need more innings. Hope both are used as starters, so they can log in the area of 30 innings.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Nice ..thanks I like all 3 and think they are perfect prospects to see what’s there. Chapparo is better at 3rd then Nelson and was showing crazy power as the year progressed. His range could be better. Dunham did well as a guy who was a 2020 UDFA signing and Myatt has a premier power arm. Let’s see what they have.
    Kardos:

AFL rosters are out! #Yankees representatives will be Austin Wells C, Elijah Dunham OF, Blaine Abeyta RHP, Clay Aguilar LHP; Andres Chaparro 3B/1B, Harold Cortijo RHP, Zach Greene RHP and Tanner Myatt RHP.

Leave a comment:

• roysuniverse
    replied
    Cabrera hits a grand slam…29th home run of the year…😮

Leave a comment:

Working...
X