X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yogi Berra’s Thanksgiving Potato Prank

"This Day in Yankees History: Yogi Berra’s Thanksgiving potato prank"
    (November 26, 2020):
    (NOTE: In 1985, Thanksgiving fell on November 26)
    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/11/26/21720863/this-day-in-yankees-history-yogi-berra-thanksgiving-potato-prank
    Excerpts from the pinstripealley.com article:

"On this day in 1985, Yogi Berra awoke in his Montclair, New Jersey home to a truck unloading potatoes on his front lawn. Twenty-three tons of potatoes, to be exact."

"How did the Yankees legend end up with such an abundant supply of potatoes?"

"Unsurprisingly, the Red River Valley delivery contained just a few too many potatoes for Yogi and Carmen Berra to cook and eat as part of their Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily, Fargo’s mayor Jon Lindgren had the foresight to reach out to a local food pantry in Essex County, so the potatoes Berra and his neighbors didn’t want wouldn’t go to waste."
    Last edited by Tock Ada Shot; 12-07-21, 09:47 PM.
    "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wouldn't this be Vince Lindstrom's potato prank?

Notice that Yogi is wearing an Astros cap. The early days of his feud with GMSIII. He became an Astros coach after being fired as Yankee manager in 1985.
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

For a minute, I thought this was going to be another " Yogi " joke !
      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewmark View Post
        for a minute, i thought this was going to be another " yogi " joke !
        lol...lol...lol
        "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Yogi potato prank but I am aware of the Joe Peptone popcorn prank
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
            I'm not familiar with the Yogi potato prank but I am aware of the Joe Peptone popcorn prank
            Oh my.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Working...
            X