No announcement yet.

2021 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yanks should be getting Loaisiga back either tomorrow or wednesday only lengthens the bullpen with Severino and German as well. Taillon and Kluber have not much room for error against Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyankou View Post
      I'm worried about facing Ryu. Our bats go cold against him.
      It's not just Ryu........last two times we faced Berrios, one or two hits thru 6, and we have only faced Ray a couple of times with mixed results......bottom line, unless we want to roll the dice again at Fenway, we have got to sweep Jays and Rays.......probably won't happen.....in fact, I fear that we emptied the tank at Fenway and could still miss the playoffs by getting swept at Jays. The Jays will certainly be at their best, with their best pitchers, and facing Tallion coming off injury, then Cole, then ...gulp....Kluber. Now we wish we had some of those punt games back, like getting swept at Detroit and at home by Jays.......next year .....

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryearman View Post

It's not just Ryu........last two times we faced Berrios, one or two hits thru 6, and we have only faced Ray a couple of times with mixed results......bottom line, unless we want to roll the dice again at Fenway, we have got to sweep Jays and Rays.......probably won't happen.....in fact, I fear that we emptied the tank at Fenway and could still miss the playoffs by getting swept at Jays. The Jays will certainly be at their best, with their best pitchers, and facing Tallion coming off injury, then Cole, then ...gulp....Kluber. Now we wish we had some of those punt games back, like getting swept at Detroit and at home by Jays.......next year .....
        It's kinda a miracle that we're likely going to end with over 90 wins. Really weird season.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyankou View Post
          I'm worried about facing Ryu. Our bats go cold against him.
          I thought he went on the IL?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

It's fairly impressive Cashman simultaneously has no use for him and also couldn't get enough value for him in a trade.
            I think the problem with executing the trade is more the timing... other execs knew Cash was trying to unload Voit and thus at a disadvantage. Cashman wasnt going to give him away . Is there going to be a universal DH next year? Otherwise no team without a DH is going to sign Voit.

Either way, Cash will have a better chance to deal over the winter when more teams can be involved.

Comment

I think the team is on one of those hitting streaks and confident, which is important. Toronto looks like they are in a minor slump.

Of course , that works until the day's pitcher but, we'll see.

Yanks are a strange team this year, streaks beyond the imagination

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

I thought he went on the IL?
                He did, he's coming off. I think it was one of those "general fatigue" type things but since rosters didn't expand to 40 this they put him IL to repalace his spot on the roster. He's scheduled to come off and start Tuesday.
                Baseball is life;
                the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post

I think the problem with executing the trade is more the timing... other execs knew Cash was trying to unload Voit and thus at a disadvantage. Cashman wasnt going to give him away . Is there going to be a universal DH next year? Otherwise no team without a DH is going to sign Voit.

Either way, Cash will have a better chance to deal over the winter when more teams can be involved.
                  Of course they know. How do you talk about trading a player without them knowing you want to unload him.

It's even more clear now that he makes him ride the pine in favor Brett Gardner.

Do you think the other managers are going to forget either fact this offseason?

And from a value point of view, letting him get consistent at bats and perform well would help Cashman get more for him this off season, saving Hal even more money. It also has the collateral benefit of helping the team win more games, which indirectly aids the ultimate goal of being making the most profit.

A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Toronto has had Yankee number this year including the resent 4 game sweep in the Bronx where Yankees NEVER lead. Yanks are 6-10 against them. Of course Boston had Yankees number too starting the season as Bombers were 3-10 v BoSox and won the last 6 to make it 9-10. So anything can happen.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

300/.382/.567 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks over his last 17 starts since Sept. 6.

If this was Luke Voit line since Sept 6th would you take it?

I can't see how you sit a guy with this line....

Comment

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post
                        300/.382/.567 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks over his last 17 starts since Sept. 6.

If this was Luke Voit line since Sept 6th would you take it?
                        Almost every player will have 2 week hot streaks. :shrug: Look at his season. Look at his past 2-3 months.

There's no objective debate that Voit is the better hitter- or at least was until Cashman benched him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

Almost every player will have 2 week hot streaks. :shrug: Look at his season. Look at his past 2-3 months.

There's no objective debate that Voit is the better hitter- or at least was until Cashman benched him.
                          But would you bench a guy with this line? till he cools off? i think not

Comment

Has anyone seen anything in print about Boone explaining why he didn't keep Holmes in after the pinch-hitter was announced?
                            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post

But would you bench a guy with this line? till he cools off? i think not
                              No, it's too late at this point. One of Gallo or Judge will likely need to DH, Voit hasn't played and is likely out of sync, etc. That doesn't make the decision to bench a superior player for your own ego more justified - just fortunate.

Comment

Cashman put himself in a corner. If he trades Voit he would be forced to sign Rizzo at a premium or he has to sign another guy. Or he can waste DJ at first base. If he holds onto Voit and Rizzo signs somewhere else then he has to to defend playing Voit at First, and have a guy on team that isn’t going to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X