2021 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

But I've seen plenty of calls for similar profile hitters to "just bunt it to 3rd against the shift".
    A little oversimplification if I may say so. How about hitting a ground ball the other way or a pop fly .
    A hard ground ball to 3rd is a double.

If I am a pull right handed hitter facing a pitcher who has struck out 2x how about slapping the ball the other way since the slider is going in that direction?

Derek Jeter comes to mind, a HOFer who was not a prodigious HR hitter but could inside out the pitch the other way.

I realize it may too late for instill in some of our hitters but maybe someone could text Cash to text the minor managers to develop this skill.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post

A little oversimplification if I may say so. How about hitting a ground ball the other way or a pop fly .
      A hard ground ball to 3rd is a double.

If I am a pull right handed hitter facing a pitcher who has struck out 2x how about slapping the ball the other way since the slider is going in that direction?

Derek Jeter comes to mind, a HOFer who was not a prodigious HR hitter but could inside out the pitch the other way.

I realize it may too late for instill in some of our hitters but maybe someone could text Cash to text the minor managers to develop this skill.
      As for the bold, it's not as easy as it sounds.

And Jeter is a bad example, that was his regular swing. It was unusual for him to try and pull the ball. He did it sometimes when it was called for but he had a right center field approach for 20 odd years.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

Comment

Think we see the goal line package today?

Comment

Well Voit is 3-6 with a HR v Ryu, if he doesn't start today I'd be surprised if he got another start this year before the Yankees clinch a playoff spot.
          Baseball is life;

Comment

just read an interesting opinion about using Odor as a late-inning replacement for Gleyber @ 2B. Pretty good defensively, a lefty bat late in the games?
            "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
              just read an interesting opinion about using Odor as a late-inning replacement for Gleyber @ 2B. Pretty good defensively, a lefty bat late in the games?
              To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
              Baseball is life;

Comment

So the Toronto series is pretty close to a playoff series.
                Yanks go 3-0 they eliminate Toronto and probably Seattle too.
                Yanks go 2-1 then they are up 3 on Toronto with 3 to play.
                Yanks go 1-2 they are tied with Toronto with Toronto playing Baltimore and Yanks Tampa
                Yanks go 0-3 they fall a game behind Toronto and are in a world of hurt.
                Baseball is life;

Comment

Yanks go 1-2 they are tied with Toronto with Toronto playing Baltimore and Yanks Tampa
                  Yankees go 1-2 and they are one up in the loss column over Toronto.

Comment

If they go 1-2 they are a game up on Jay's not tied.

3-0 would only eliminate Toronto if sox also go 3-0.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

My bad. So anything but 0-3 they seem in reasonable shape.
                      Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by whammo911 View Post
                        Think we see the goal line package today?
                        We definitely should see it tonight and Thursday. But, this organization views Brett Gardner differently than a lot of us.
                        David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Yankees go 1-2 and they are one up in the loss column over Toronto.
                          I'm down with 1-2 if Boston somehow goes 0-3

Comment

As for the bold, it's not as easy as it sounds.

And Jeter is a bad example, that was his regular swing. It was unusual for him to try and pull the ball. He did it sometimes when it was called for but he had a right center field approach for 20 odd years.
                            I agree it's not as easy as it sounds and that's my gripe with Cashman that we have a singular approach to hitting . It has to start earlier and also in the type of players acquired.
                            Yes, Jeter is an extreme example but that doesnt negate the general point .

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
                              The analytics squad hasn’t finished manipulating the numbers yet.
                              If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post

I agree it's not as easy as it sounds and that's my gripe with Cashman that we have a singular approach to hitting . It has to start earlier and also in the type of players acquired.
                                Yes, Jeter is an extreme example but that doesnt negate the general point .
                                DJL has a somewhat similar swing profile as Jeter.
                                Baseball is life;

Comment

Working...
                                X