2021 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False1 View Post
    Boy that crap shoot crapped out real quick. Like in the first inning of the playoffs.

I'm going to hope that this FO, after resetting the lux tax, comes out of it's operational coma this offseason. Was talking with some Yankee fans today and would love to see if they can pry Jose Ramirez from Cleveland for 3B and sign Seager. Time to move on from Gleyber and Sanchez. Keep Ursh around for utility or see if someone will give you something decent. Re-sign Rizzo or see if you can pry Olsen away from Oakland. This would be a ferocious and more balanced lineup.

The luxury tax might not be reset, but lowered in conjunction with a minimum payroll league-wide. CBA will actually be interesting this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

I would bet the farm they will plan their roster construction around Hicks returning next year. It's just how they operate. So I've resigned myself to the fact that the OF next year will be Gallo/Hicks/Judge to start the year, and then when Hicks inevitably goes down with an injury, Gardner becomes the starting CF'er again. I hope I'm wrong because this roster really needs a shake up but we've seen this movie before.
      Well, if they've paid any serious attention to the season, they should know that to limit Stanton to DH cameo appearances rather than to have him play the whole game, in the OF is a very serious error. Swallow the dough, release Gardner and trade Hicks. Hicks has been the most overrated of the current Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bauer View Post

Well, if they've paid any serious attention to the season, they should know that to limit Stanton to DH cameo appearances rather than to have him play the whole game, in the OF is a very serious error. Swallow the dough, release Gardner and trade Hicks. Hicks has been the most overrated of the current Yankees.
        Correct. But such a "bold" vision comes down to how much silent (unacknowledged) guff Cashman gets from Hal and family.

Comment

I respect all you guys and share the frustration but as it seems Boone and Cashman are coming back I dont expect other than surface changes. What I see is:
          -maybe some coaches let go
          -Gleyber stays,at 2nd ,too young to give up on him
          -SImmons at shortstop as a stopgap
          -if Rizzo will sign for 2 yrs with an option for a 3rd he will play firt
          -Voit DH
          -Gardner let go
          -Gallo,Judge ,Stanton in outfield
          -they try to get Clint/Miggy for the 3rd outfield with maybe the other as the 4th outfielder
          -Catching stays the same

Cash is not going to change his philosophy ...it would too difficult to go 180 degrees the other way. He will ride it out.

Sucks

Comment

The 2021 regular season is over.
            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
              The 2021 regular season is over.
              How did the Yanks do?
              "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

How did the Yanks do?
                The team seemed pretty well rested.
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

The team seemed pretty well rested.
                  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Hey fans! Did you know that the 2021 Yankees had the same regular season record (92-70) as the 1996 World Series winners, the one I built behind the scenes for Stick and Watson? All you can do is make the playoffs any which way you can and we did, luck was just bad this time ... here's to a great 2021 and looking forward to many more like it!

Yours in process,
                    Brian C
                    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Working...
                    X