No announcement yet.

2021 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cole is probably going to have to pitch in both the Red Sox series and the Thursday night game @ Toronto - i think he's out of the Rays series.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
      Cole is probably going to have to pitch in bothe the Red Sox series and the Thursday night game @ Toronto - i think he's out of the Rays series.
      Thats ok with me - I really want to see Cole pitch well at Fenway before a potential play-in game there.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasYank23 View Post

Thats ok with me - I really want to see Cole pitch well at Fenway before a potential play-in game there.
        Yanks have a better chance of surviving a tie-breaker game and/or a WC game if it's @ YS - they really need the #1 WC spot.IMO
        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Imagine if the Dodgers lose the WC game? with a $275M payroll?

October = Crapshoot lol

Comment

WC really needs to be best of 3 series

Comment

I'd like to voice my complaint for MLB not allowing expanded rosters this season what with Covid and the need for rested arms on the pitching staffs. A bad year to limit the max roster size in Sept.

Comment

Also.... I'm tired of waiting for German and Severino. I think they should both be activated ASAP and pitch out of the bullpen, I don't care if their arms fall off. Gotta have Loaisiga back ASAP also

Comment

3 seven inning games?
                  haha

Comment

Cole is probably going to have to pitch in both the Red Sox series and the Thursday night game @ Toronto - i think he's out of the Rays series.
                    That's the way I see it too.

Comment

I'd like to voice my complaint for MLB not allowing expanded rosters this season what with Covid and the need for rested arms on the pitching staffs. A bad year to limit the max roster size in Sept.
                      Agreed. And I also agree with the idea that you have sided with, where there is something like a 28 man active roster with a larger pool that you could select from on a game to game basis. One where you could inactivate the 4 SPs who are unavailable (etc).
                      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

There was never a need to have this two WC system in the first place. Manfred's first act at ruining baseball. Unfortunately with more to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategerie View Post

His bat is also a question mark at this point.
                          This is surely one of the great mysteries of recent Yankee history. What in hell ever happened to this guy? The fielding has always had a question mark, but the decline at the plate is really extraordinary. He was never (at least as I recall it) viewed as a big HR guy, and I wonder if that Orioles-juiced season of 38 hrs had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                            Agreed. And I also agree with the idea that you have sided with, where there is something like a 28 man active roster with a larger pool that you could select from on a game to game basis. One where you could inactivate the 4 SPs who are unavailable (etc).
                            A definite pet peeve of mine - it's never a 26-man roster - there are always guys that just aren't going to play

Comment

Originally posted by Bauer View Post

This is surely one of the great mysteries of recent Yankee history. What in hell ever happened to this guy? The fielding has always had a question mark, but the decline at the plate is really extraordinary. He was never (at least as I recall it) viewed as a big HR guy, and I wonder if that Orioles-juiced season of 38 hrs had something to do with it.
                              Yeah I don't think Torres is a HR guy - more like a 10-20 HR guy. That 38 HR season has messed with his head IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Obnoxio View Post

3 seven inning games?
                                haha
                                lol all in one day no less lol

Comment

Working...
                                X