Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    Four people have voted 'no.'

I am not among them. Enough is enough. Cashman needs to go, and he needs to take a bunch of people with him.

Comment

At the moment I am abstaining.
      In my opinion there must be an exit plan & I'm not aware of anyone who would be a suitable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by gneissguy View Post
        At the moment I am abstaining.
        In my opinion there must be an exit plan & I'm not aware of anyone who would be a suitable replacement.
        Theo Epstein

Erik Neander

There are a bunch of others that have been mentioned here, but these two are the two most logical choices. Epstein is a free agent and Neander is from Upstate New York and the Dodgers have already illustrated the Tampa pathway.

Comment

What a mess this is. We want Cashman gone but no trust in who would be deciding who would replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2351 View Post

Theo Epstein

Erik Neander

There are a bunch of others that have been mentioned here, but these two are the two most logical choices. Epstein is a free agent and Neander is from Upstate New York and the Dodgers have already illustrated the Tampa pathway.
            IMHO, Boone is the first and the easiest, most logical choice to be dumped. If he isn't fired today then fire him by the all-star break. I'm sure there are suitable, acting-managers that coulld be installed in his place.

Proceed from there.

Comment

Theo Epstein

Erik Neander

For whatever reason I could not edit my prior comment so I will add this:

We have plenty of players with great talent. I am not ready to do a sell-off nor place the blame entirely on Cashman. I lay the blame on the manager --- Aaron Boone.

Start there. Something has to give.

Comment

Sorry … I’m still thinking about Scarlett Johansson.

Comment

IMHO, Boone is the first and the easiest, most logical choice to be dumped. If he isn't fired today then fire him by the all-star break. I'm sure there are suitable, acting-managers that coulld be installed in his place.

Proceed from there.
                  Firing Boone is like firing the fry cook at the local McDonald's when company-wide profits go down. It will do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Firing Boone is like firing the fry cook at the local McDonald's when company-wide profits go down. It will do absolutely nothing.
                    I agree. But my issue is the fact we are in midseason. Unless there is something/someone undeniably irresistable, I would prefer to to take babysteps. But that's just me.
                    By all means, fire Boone. Let's see what transpires.

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I still think he needs to go due to the rash amount of fundamental / mental errors
                      Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

These guys just want the proverbial head on the platter.

But it’s no coincidence that since Gene Michael developed the core 4+ and they retired we’ve been going further and further downhill under Cashman. I guess George fits into the picture as well as he at least spared no expense to try and right the team.

For Cashman to go means we will actually be suffering through teams worse then most fans are accustom to.
                        “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
                        ― Epictetus

Comment

Originally posted by Krall View Post

These guys just want the proverbial head on the platter.

But it’s no coincidence that since Gene Michael developed the core 4+ and they retired we’ve been going further and further downhill under Cashman. I guess George fits into the picture as well as he at least spared no expense to try and right the team.

For Cashman to go means we will actually be suffering through teams worse then most fans are accustom to.
                          I am not 100% sure about this, however, if it takes a few down years to set things up for long-term success, I am fine with that. I prefer that to perpetual mediocrity.

Comment

I agree. But my issue is the fact we are in midseason. Unless there is something/someone undeniably irresistable, I would prefer to to take babysteps. But that's just me.
                            By all means, fire Boone. Let's see what transpires.
                            Seems pointless. You hire a new GM now to give time to figure out who he/she/insert new pronoun here wants to be the manager going forward.

The current manager is bad at the limited things he is asked to do. That structure though is part of the problem. Cashman owns that, as well as the many other underlying failures like terrible drafting, player development and financial allocation.

Comment

It's not Cashman or Boone's fault that just about everybody is in a season-long slump. You can't predict the physical aspects of the game. What really burns me is all the constant mental errors. There was an article in the NY post this morning about how the Yankees lead the league in making outs on the base paths. They can't even stop themselves from making outs running from second to third when a ball is hit to the shortstop. THAT is on the organization and the coaches so yes, they all deserve to be fired.
                              Leading the league in stats like that and only ahead of Detroit in runs scored, leading the leage in DPs.. It's been embarrassing so far for a team with this payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by EGK View Post
                                It's not Cashman or Boone's fault that just about everybody is in a season-long slump. You can't predict the physical aspects of the game. What really burns me is all the constant mental errors. There was an article in the NY post this morning about how the Yankees lead the league in making outs on the base paths. They can't even stop themselves from making outs running from second to third when a ball is hit to the shortstop. THAT is on the organization and the coaches so yes, they all deserve to be fired.
                                Leading the league in stats like that and only ahead of Detroit in runs scored, leading the leage in DPs.. It's been embarrassing so far for a team with this payroll.
                                The "season-long slump" includes the 2020 season too - that's not a slump. That's a mediocre ballclub.
                                "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Working...
                                X