2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rajah View Post

Not next year. He is gone, gone, gone, for sure. It should have been last year. But at least it will be next year.
    Based on what? He's under contract next year.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

I'm going the other way on Gleyber. I'm not sure of the numbers, but my observation is that Torres has been swinging the bat differently the past couple weeks. Feels like something clicked maybe.

The defense is what it is. But with Rizzo back there picking stiff out of the dirt (something Voit is not good at), I can see it boosting his confidence a bit out there. Less pressure to make perfect throw, just let it fly. He'll never be good, but I'll take adequate if the other 3 guys can sling leather and he hits

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

Lots of talent but he is so often injured.
        True, but that’s why he’s even on the market, right? He’d be the perfect candidate for the Yankees to test their bubblewrap theory!

“Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

They're not. Nowhere close when you consider Cole has a 4.68ERA over his last 10 starts.
          True. But we have to believe he will get it together and they will be at least next year. Trade deadline deals are also to set up the next year. I know Rizzo is a rental, but I think it give them a leg up on an extension negotiation after the luxury tax year is over.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

Based on what? He's under contract next year.
            Team option with a buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post
              Sigh. Rizzo would be FA this year.
              And he’s 32 next week.
              Might be good for a couple of months.

Comment

Team option with a buyout.
                it's a swell opt. It's a players option first. He'll be a Yankee if he wants to next year.

Contract Notes:
                • If 2022 player option is declined, it converts to a $7.15M club option ($1.15M buyout)
                https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york...-gardner-5311/
                Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

True. But we have to believe he will get it together and they will be at least next year. Trade deadline deals are also to set up the next year. I know Rizzo is a rental, but I think it give them a leg up on an extension negotiation after the luxury tax year is over.
                  He won't get it together without the spider tack.
                  Last edited by 1936-1939JoeNLou; 07-29-21, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

All Hal cares about is staying under the LT threshold and how many buckets of chicken they sold last game.

Comment

Based on what? He's had an ERA near 5 since he had to stop using it. Which is about where he was in Pittsburg (adjusted for being in the NL) before he went to Houston.

A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Package w/ Stanton and money > Dodgers.
                        They're working on much bigger things, apparently...

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal 47s
                        Sources: Dodgers are working to get both Max Scherzer and Trea Turner from the Nationals. Deal is not done, hurdles remains. First to mention development: @JeffPassan

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post

Sources: Dodgers are working to get both Max Scherzer and Trea Turner from the Nationals. Deal is not done, hurdles remains. First to mention development: @JeffPassan
                          Jesus.
                          They'd make George blush if they pull that one off.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post

For gosh darn sake the rich just get richer. They are not playing around. I thought Padres were getting him? Nats are playing this so smart.

Comment

Package w/ Stanton and money > Dodgers.
                              They're not the Yankees front office.

Comment

Originally posted by WSorBUST View Post
                                For gosh darn sake the rich just get richer. They are not playing around. I thought Padres were getting him? Nats are playing this so smart.
                                It's an arms race at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X