No announcement yet.

2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol - Cashman buying when he is in a 5 way fight for the illustrious second WC spot - thinking he is making a difference to the Yankees chances for a WS.

Then the big teams who are actually competing for a WS come in and make real trades.

When will Cashman just give up - he is a boy with a pop gun and some baseball cards trying to play a big game against men with superior baseball intellect and money.

Comment

Just venting. I truly believe we should have been sellers. I wanted to be a seller, not a fire sale/tear down but what Bloom did (he wanted Rizzo) - whole roster on the table. Sure Hal and Boone are factors in this mess but Cashman is the man who runs this organization. We all saw this coming (I called it doubling down on a weak hand hoping for that ace). This is who he is. I truly believe if Hal spent 500M - Cashman can NOT put together a winning roster with HIS analytics and decisions - we are not going to win a WS. If Boone (Voice) could manage (boys in the hall) he wanted like I watch the game - he could not win because the roster is flawed - we are not going to win a WS. We should have been sellers to change our roster. Sure Gallo and Rizzo (LHBs) will help. Gallo and Rizzo were on the trading blocks because these teams were sellers - they were NOT going to be resigned (they move on). Are these rentals (Gallo has 1 year)? Now are we going to sign them for the future? Voit and Hicks (like Sonny Gray) is not a hot commodity now? Is there a plan for young players making this roster anymore? Hopefully this will work out but I have seen this before and Brian (and Boone) will talk about this comeback, injuries, Kluber, etc. I still think back in 2017 - 2018 and now. It started with Ellsbury and continued with Stanton. Mismanagement. I hope we win a WS....

Comment

I do agree with cutting bait on voit. He’s not a good fit for the roster. Better suited for DH on a team full of DHs, a detriment on defense, and beginning to become injury prone
        Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

Ok so what was his reason for doing nothing the last 4 trade deadlines?
          They’ll only buy to secure playoff revenue, not to better position themselves to win a championship. Playoff revenue is the goal in this regime their actions make that crystal clear.

Comment

What will the next 7.5 hours bring about. Only time and twitter will tell.
            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Just add another bat like Kris Bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post
                Just add another bat like Kris Bryant.

I wish Gardner would just go away and we just give the CF job to Florial...

If not, I'm fine with adding an OF, but we desperately need some pitchers primarily from this point on. This seemingly inevitable Voit trade should contribute in making that possible.

Comment

If they get a starter and a reliever today...i think they can win 40 out of 60....that's 93 wins....also to me it means the organization is doing whatever it can to spark interest, grab the headlines, and actually improve the team for these last two months (and hopefully longer).
                  "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by pWi View Post

I wish Gardner would just go away and we just give the CF job to Florial...

If not, I'm fine with adding an OF, but we desperately need some pitchers primarily from this point on. This seemingly inevitable Voit trade should contribute in making that possible.
                    I think there's roles for both Gardner and Florial (or Greg Allen) in August &/or September.

As much as I like Voit, I think he can bring back a good pitcher today.
                    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                      What will the next 7.5 hours bring about. Only time and twitter will tell.
                      I really think Cashman is finished making deals for this season. Why try to trade for a SP. Kluber and Severino could be just weeks away. Only mystery left is how will Gardner still play in as many games as Gallo, Judge and Stanton.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                        If they get a starter and a reliever today...i think they can win 40 out of 60....that's 93 wins....also to me it means the organization is doing whatever it can to spark interest, grab the headlines, and actually improve the team for these last two months (and hopefully longer).
                        Mets are still in first place (In a very weak division). Yankees had to do something to keep from losing fans to the Mets as the last two months of the season begin.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

I really think Cashman is finished making deals for this season. Why try to trade for a SP. Kluber and Severino could be just weeks away. Only mystery left is how will Gardner still play in as many games as Gallo, Judge and Stanton.
                          We can make it work without trading Voit if Cashman can't find the right deal, but a Voit trade is more likely than not

Comment

I think there's roles for both Gardner and Florial (or Greg Allen) in August &/or September.

I'd rather roles for Florial/Allen

Comment

Originally posted by pWi View Post

I'd rather roles for Florial/Allen
                              increasing the roster to 28 on Sept 1st gives them both roles

Comment

What pitchers are available? Could Voit bring back Berrios?
                                [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X