• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ppa79 View Post

Could Voit bring back Berrios?
    By himself? No way.

Comment

What pitchers are available? Could Voit bring back Berrios?
      Think about this: Berrios and Alex Colome from the Twins for Luke Voit, Miguel Andujar, Deivi Garcia and a lower level pitching prospect, and the Twins pay for the remaining salaries!
      "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Think about this: Berrios and Alex Colome from the Twins for Luke Voit, Miguel Andujar, Deivi Garcia and a lower level pitching prospect, and the Twins pay for the remaining salaries!
        .....Not happening.

Not sure they'd do that if the Yankees paid all salaries!

Comment

I would do that. But would the Twins?
          [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
          [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
          [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
          [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
          [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

I would do that. But would the Twins?
            No. Voit is arb eligible and due for a raise. The Twins are not a good fit in that regard.
            David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

How about Urshela and Voit for Kimbrel and Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gusto View Post
                How about Urshela and Voit for Kimbrel and Bryant
                Sure! And they can throw in Frazier too. That'll make all the difference to the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by scine20 View Post

Sure! And they can throw in Frazier too. That'll make all the difference to the Cubs.
                  I see. Kimbrel playing for another team next year will make the difference for the Cubs

Comment

I see. Kimbrel playing for another team next year will make the difference for the Cubs
                    If you want to get good players you need to offer something attractive. And why would the Cubs, in a rebuild, go for an oft injured, slow poor defensive first baseman? As for Gio Urshela, he's good but he's not in Bryant's league, I don't care about the fact that Bryant's not under contract at the end of the year. And Craig Kimbrel? Same with Bryant, he's not going anywhere unless the Cubs get top prospects in return. Think about what the Yankees got for Chapman in 2016. That's what the Cubs are expecting. And if it's both in the same deal? Then it'll be double that.

Fans in general tend to overvalue their team's own players while undervaluing who they're going to get back. At least when suggesting trade proposals. But Luke Voit is going to bring a minimal return, at best. Maybe you'll get a low level prospect, a back-end starter, a middle reliever or some combination of the three. But fans are going to be very disappointed with the return they get on him.

Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

If you want to get good players you need to offer something attractive. And why would the Cubs, in a rebuild, go for an oft injured, slow poor defensive first baseman? As for Gio Urshela, he's good but he's not in Bryant's league, I don't care about the fact that Bryant's not under contract at the end of the year. And Craig Kimbrel? Same with Bryant, he's not going anywhere unless the Cubs get top prospects in return. Think about what the Yankees got for Chapman in 2016. That's what the Cubs are expecting. And if it's both in the same deal? Then it'll be double that.

Fans in general tend to overvalue their team's own players while undervaluing who they're going to get back. At least when suggesting trade proposals. But Luke Voit is going to bring a minimal return, at best. Maybe you'll get a low level prospect, a back-end starter, a middle reliever or some combination of the three. But fans are going to be very disappointed with the return they get on him.

Hope I'm wrong.
                      The market doesn't seem now as ripe as it was when Chapman was traded. That was a perfect storm. Yes, they will likely get a prospect package in hopes 1 or 2 of those prospects develop into a viable MLer. The Cubs aren't likely going into a long rebuild. Retool rather than rebuild. The thought was Urshela and Voit are already viable MLers with combined 5+ years of control and relatively cheap at that.

Comment

The market doesn't seem now as ripe as it was when Chapman was traded. That was a perfect storm. Yes, they will likely get a prospect package in hopes 1 or 2 of those prospects develop into a viable MLer. The Cubs aren't likely going into a long rebuild. Retool rather than rebuild. The thought was Urshela and Voit are already viable MLers with combined 5+ years of control and relatively cheap at that.
                        I think you're overvaluing Voit. I don't think he has much value at all.

Comment

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
                          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

hmm, guess so. Is he worth a middle reliever?

Comment

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
                              I disagree. He was a top tier stud hitter in 2019 and 2020. He's been a top tier stud hitter in 2021, less his first month coming back from an injury. His OPS is almost .900 in June and July.

He is cost controlled for what, this year and 3 more years?
                              A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Has anyone been linked to Gibson? His ERA is way lower than his peripherals would indicate (WHIP, K rate, etc) and he's had some crappy games as of late, but I'd imagine he would be worth something, even if viewed as a very solid #3 pitcher.
                                A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Working...
                                X