2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gusto View Post

hmm, guess so. Is he worth a middle reliever?
    The Yankees should be thinking more seriously about upgrading the bullpen to be honest. If they can get a solid 7th or 8th inning guy for Voit I'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by scine20 View Post

The Yankees should be thinking more seriously about upgrading the bullpen to be honest. If they can get a solid 7th or 8th inning guy for Voit I'd do it.
      Yes I agree. need a bit more confidence from the 7th inning on....
      "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

What if Nationals made Soto available (they won’t), would you part with a huge package headlined by Jasson?
        Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

I guess now that 29 teams know the Yanks need to deal Voit there will be plenty of low-ball offers to pick from
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
            I guess now that 29 teams know the Yanks need to deal Voit there will be plenty of low-ball offers to pick from
            Yeah, pretty much how it works, unless there is a player out there a team really wants to get rid of. I think the big splashes are done. I think this is where the GM’s really earn their money in stare-downs with lower level players that can still have an impact somewhere.
            If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by scine20 View Post

The Yankees shouldn't buy another player if this is all they're going to do. This team isn't a middle reliever away from WS contention. Heck, they're probably not even a starter and two middle relievers away from WS contention considering Cole's last 10 starts have him at a near 5 ERA and 12 home runs allowed. Winning the wildcard would be fairly impressive at this point.

Being buyers was a shocking display of arrogance and ignorance to reality.
              A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

Angels have made Iglesias available per Heyman, go get him cash

Comment

I have watched this whine fest for the last 3 days and finally couldn't sit by any longer. Curse Cash or not I know I have been critical ay times myself, but he hit a home run with these 2 acquisitions. They acquired Gallo and Rizzo without spending a nickel and gave up little to nothing. Now would I have liked to have obtained Berrios, hell yes. But Kyle Hendricks is still out there and I would take him in a minute.

Comment

ChiSox will land Kimbrel.
                    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                      ChiSox will land Kimbrel.
                      ...and Craig won't need to find a new place to live.
                      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

And another thing the Yankees got a player in Rizzo that the Red Sox desperately wanted and needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                          If they had sold on Voit before adding Rizzo, couldn't you have the same argument about the asking price for 1B going way up? Would you think that we overpaid for Rizzo in that situation even if we gave up the same haul?
                          Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Comment

Kimbrel cost the White Sox Madrigal. Wow.

Sherman says the Mets are making progress on Baez with the Cubs.
                            Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeBluedevil View Post
                              And another thing the Yankees got a player in Rizzo that the Red Sox desperately wanted and needed.
                              Yes but Boston just shifted from Rizzo to Schwarber. Careerwise Rizzo>Schwarber but this year Schwarber has been better than Rizzo. I assume Schwarber will play 1B for Boston who has gotten a league worst production out of 1B this year.

I personally like the Rizzo trade but he's a 2 month rental so unless the Yanks get to October ball and Rizzo performs well there they won't have gotten much for 2 low level minor legauers.
                              Baseball is life;
                              the rest is just details.

Comment

Time running out on the pitching front...They must be absolutely refusing to move any of their top prospects while also taking on money

Hendricks must be available...no way he isnt available unless he has a no trade

Comment

Working...
                                X