2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeeBluedevil View Post
    I have watched this whine fest for the last 3 days and finally couldn't sit by any longer. Curse Cash or not I know I have been critical ay times myself, but he hit a home run with these 2 acquisitions. They acquired Gallo and Rizzo without spending a nickel and gave up little to nothing. Now would I have liked to have obtained Berrios, hell yes. But Kyle Hendricks is still out there and I would take him in a minute.
    But there are still 71 minutes to go.

If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Mets look like they landed Javy Baez.
      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Baez and Lindor is electric

Comment

Baez is a guy I'd want nothing to do with on the Yankees (despite needing a SS), but him and Lindor on the Mets is going to be a nightly magical highlight reel defensively.
          Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Comment

@jonmorosi
            News: Kyle Gibson and Ian Kennedy to #Phillies, source confirms @Ken_Rosenthal
            report. @MLB
            @MLBNetwork

Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
              Baez is a guy I'd want nothing to do with on the Yankees (despite needing a SS), but him and Lindor on the Mets is going to be a nightly magical highlight reel defensively.
              Entertainment is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                @jonmorosi
                News: Kyle Gibson and Ian Kennedy to #Phillies, source confirms @Ken_Rosenthal
                report. @MLB
                @MLBNetwork

Ian Kennedy…of Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy. He’s had a decent solo career.
                If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeBluedevil View Post
                  I have watched this whine fest for the last 3 days and finally couldn't sit by any longer. Curse Cash or not I know I have been critical ay times myself, but he hit a home run with these 2 acquisitions. They acquired Gallo and Rizzo without spending a nickel and gave up little to nothing. Now would I have liked to have obtained Berrios, hell yes. But Kyle Hendricks is still out there and I would take him in a minute.
                  (not trying to be a jerk no ill intended toward you)....

To me its like hitting a HR when the team is down 10-0....

Cashman put together this 200+ Million mess of a roster. 3 1/2 out of the 2nd WC. Division out of reach. Other teams are still making moves..

This team still has no sense of urgency. They don't even bother showing up yesterday. Roll over & lose 14-0 with their best pitcher...

Cashman still insists on his Scholarship player Gardner in CF....

I want Cashman gone. I'm not going to give him credit over all. I think he's failed. Of course Cashman is Hal's scholarship GM so...
                  In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...

Comment

Buxton expected to be moved. Yankees apparently in.

Stay tuned.
                    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Passan says he was HACKED and the Bryant to Yanks is BOGUS>

@JeffPassan

I DID NOT SAY WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING I SAID. IT’S A FAKE ACCOUNT. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION.

"Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
                        Buxton expected to be moved. Yankees apparently in.

Stay tuned.
                        Hide the remote!

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                          Passan says he was HACKED and the Bryant to Yanks is BOGUS>

@JeffPassan

I DID NOT SAY WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING I SAID. IT’S A FAKE ACCOUNT. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION.
                          It was a fake account and Nightingale re-tweeted it without looking at the handle.
                          "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

34 minutes to go!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post

If they had sold on Voit before adding Rizzo, couldn't you have the same argument about the asking price for 1B going way up? Would you think that we overpaid for Rizzo in that situation even if we gave up the same haul?
                              I have no problem giving up most any prospect that is more than 1 or 2 yrs away from The Bronx
                              "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Is it me or is this one of the more hectic deadlines. I can't remember the last time I saw so many players on the move.
                                Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Comment

Working...
                                X