No announcement yet.

2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yankees Finalizing Deal To Acquire Joey Gallo, Joely Rodriguez - MLB Trade Rumors

"Throughout last offseason and this summer, the Yankees have worked to keep their payroll south of the $210MM luxury tax line. Gallo’s playing this season on a $6.2MM salary, about $2.2MM of which remains to be paid. Rodíguez, meanwhile, is making $2.5MM this year — about $900K of which is still owed — and has a $3MM club option for the 2022 campaign. If the Yankees assume the remainder of Gallo’s and Rodríguez’s salaries, their luxury tax figure would land at approximately $209.4MM, in the estimation of Roster Resource."
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Cashman got the Rangers to pay both Joey Callo and Rodriquez salary --- more moves to come.
      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Mark Feinsand
        @Feinsand

In addition to paying down most of Gallo's salary, the Rangers are also covering the $900K owed to Joely Rodriguez as part of the Yankees deal, per source.

"Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Getting the Rangers to retain most of Gallo's and all of Rodriguez' salaries is a coup
          Assistant to the Manager
          Analytical Department of Analytics

Comment

Originally posted by spanky185 View Post
            Getting the Rangers to retain most of Gallo's and all of Rodriguez' salaries is a coup
            For Hal’s bottom line?
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

Texas is paying for half the team!

Obviously I'm joking. But it's amazing that they're going to have three players on the roster being paid by another team.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky185 View Post
                We are giving up more prospects for them to cover the salary. These are the Yankees, not the Rays. Basically we are letting teams buy prospects from us. This is not how the richest franchise in MLB should operated.
                [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

For Hal’s bottom line?
                  For being able to make other moves
                  Assistant to the Manager
                  Analytical Department of Analytics

Comment

so if you include Odor, Cashman now has more than 10% of his 26-man roster who are being paid by other organizations.
                    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Mixed feelings on Gallo. Certainly an upgrade over what we have been getting out of LF this year but he strikes out a TON. I fear he'll just be another guy who disappears in the postseason (assuming we get there) but we shall see.
                      David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by scine20 View Post
                        Texas is paying for half the team!

Obviously I'm joking. But it's amazing that they're going to have three players on the roster being paid by another team.
                        Definitely. The Yankees are only paying one player to play on another team- Ottavino.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
                          Mixed feelings on Gallo. Certainly an upgrade over what we have been getting out of LF this year but he strikes out a TON. I fear he'll just be another guy who disappears in the postseason (assuming we get there) but we shall see.
                          My issue (not against Gallo) is that they don't let Florial play even though he's hitting. People say he couldn't make contact and strikes out too many in AAA (but not in the major so far). Then they basically trade for a same type hitter because they want a lefty power bat (Florial is a lefty who's projected to hit for power).

Yet we keep playing Gardner.

Comment

I am in the minority but I'm not a fan of this move. I get that he's a lefty but enough is enough with these boom or bust guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

My issue (not against Gallo) is that they don't let Florial play even though he's hitting. People say he couldn't make contact and strikes out too many in AAA (but not in the major so far). Then they basically trade for a same type hitter because they want a lefty power bat (Florial is a lefty who's projected to hit for power).

Yet we keep playing Gardner.
                              I concur. I'm not even that high on Floria but I would much rather see him in the lineup every day than Gardner.
                              David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

I concur. I'm not even that high on Floria but I would much rather see him in the lineup every day than Gardner.
                                I agree.
                                [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X