2021 Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

He is going to be a good pitcher....no joke on his name.
    Sure he will. But unfortunetly not for the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vanderlay View Post

The mistake was not trading Voit in the off season.
      The mistake was not dumping Cashman 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Catch View Post
        Eno Sarris @enosarris 49s
        Very interested to see what Matthew Blake does with Andrew Heaney. He’s always off the charts by advanced metrics (104 Stuff+, 107 Command+, top 25 K-BB), has high spin, low slot 4-seamer, and has underperformed his estimators. Tough park, but maybe some clay here to be molded.
        I needed a good laugh today and this provided it.

Comment

One week ago today, the Yankees had no realistic chance chance of even making it to the world series.
          Today, after Cashman's genius at play, the Yankees still have no realistic chance chance of even making it to the world series, but with 5 less prospects. Most importantly, Hal doesnt have to pay any luxury tax.
          A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Comment

What is the romance with Heaney? Am I missing something? what does he offer? Junk, despite weird name and bless him for enduring that, projects to be much better.
            "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post
              One week ago today, the Yankees had no realistic chance chance of even making it to the world series.
              Today, after Cashman's genius at play, the Yankees had no realistic chance chance of even making it to the world series with 5 less prospects and Hal didn't have to pay any luxury tax!
              Face it. Cashman is a genius! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                What is the romance with Heaney? Am I missing something? what does he offer? Junk, despite weird name and bless him for enduring that, projects to be much better.
                So we traded Junk for bigger Junk!

Comment

I'm excited about the improvement in defense and offense. Should be worth 5-10 wins extra....given the circumstances it's about the best we could have done

Comment

Gleyber Torres SS Joey Gallo RF Aaron Judge CF Anthony Rizzo 1B Giancarlo Stanton LF Gary Sanchez C Rougned Odor 2B Tyler Wade 3B Jameson Taillon P

eMahieu has a triceps issue, Urshela hamstring issue, both day-to-day, per

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
                      I'm excited about the improvement in defense and offense.
                      Yes, these two areas are where the team has really under performed. If these guys stay healthy and start doing what they can all do, then it'll be up to the pitching.

All in all, the team is better, and the future is no worse.

"Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

IMO the Blue Jays improved themselves immensely with Jose Berrios.

Objects.jpg
                        “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post
                          The Heaney trade is AWFUL. Junk was SUPER interesting. You don't give that up for a rental.
                          Every year Cash does one of these trades and they never work out....Junk has a top shelf arm, too good to be in a deal for a journyman type...Also don't sleep on Elvis, Big kid who has room to improve...BAD DEAL IMO.

Comment

Given the Yankee track record of developing prospects, I have zero issue with these trades.
                            Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Comment

Originally posted by Yankyfan View Post

Every year Cash does one of these trades and they never work out....Junk has a top shelf arm, too good to be in a deal for a journyman type...Also don't sleep on Elvis, Big kid who has room to improve...BAD DEAL IMO.
                              I'd undo this trade if it were up to me, but less because of Junk and more because Heaney as a rental in the midst of an atrocious year doesn't seem to make sense at all.

Junk may have a top shelf arm, but Heaney was a top 25ish prospect when he was called up. The odds of Junk having a career at all or event one as mixed as Heaney are pretty slim I'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vanderlay View Post

The mistake was not trading Voit in the off season.
                                Are you saying with the benefit of hindsight, or without? I don't think you're finding a GM that is going to trade a guy who won't be a FA for 5 more seasons, is making reasonable $$ in arb, hit a HR every ~10 AB last season to lead league and had a 156 sOPS+ last season, can hit RHP and LHP and hit situationally, in spite of the bad defense.

One of the best things Manfred could do is to get support for universal DH this offseason. By doubling capacity there, maybe you can add some cash and deal Stanton and put Voit at DH. Or, less desirable, trade Voit to address other needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X